Diet Club

Piggyfan was doing Weight watchers and still is but she isn't on here anymore. I just count calories.

I will ask her about the points when I next speak to her.

Than might be a good idea - mainly because , if she's lapsed ( like I did ! ) and wants to go back , now is a good idea as , all the pro points calculators, scales and the shopping and eating books are obsolete and currently will be replaced free of charge . I think they will stop replacing them for free mid Jan . The new system is called smart points . It's actually a better system - just a faff changing.

Please pass on my regards to Piggyfan . I really do miss her being on here.

I started out with weight watchers but got bored very quickly (about 8 months in). Just good old calorie counting here now. Can't argue with science however you dress it up!

I started out with weight watchers but got bored very quickly (about 8 months in). Just good old calorie counting here now. Can't argue with science however you dress it up!

I agree - it all boils down to calories in the end .

BUT - I've resigned myself to the fact I need to go to a meeting and get weighed in every week . My goal is always to get to a weight where I don't have to pay to go to the meetings !

Changing tactics slightly next week. At work I usually buy veg or jacket potatoe with cheese etc. I do syn things but it's always a guess.

I've bought some asda good and counted and some Kerry low ready meals to have for lunches. They are low in syns and at least I know 100% what the syns are

I love hummus - and buy it in the "stacker"s they sell in supermarkets . I know it's not the cheapest way to do things - but having it pre portioned is really handy.

Changing tactics slightly next week. At work I usually buy veg or jacket potatoe with cheese etc. I do syn things but it's always a guess.

I've bought some asda good and counted and some Kerry low ready meals to have for lunches. They are low in syns and at least I know 100% what the syns are

How do you find the ready meals satisfy you? I find the portions small and I'm still hungry! Instead, I make my own. I batch cook (yesterday was veg curries and quorn chilli), portion up and then freeze. All it needs then is some rice or potato or whatever nuked in the microwave to go with it :)

I have just come to the end of a 100 healthy days challenge as part of a facebook group I'm on. I've not reduced my food intake at all, if anything my calorie consumption has increased. The biggest difference is regular exercise

image.webp

@Amanda1801 where are your boobs? Are you lighter in the second pic as no Padster?

well done on the weight loss and the challenge, i bet youve got the bug now?

Also, well done to everyone else that is still dieting, i am totally on a slippery slope to fatness again, too much going on to be bothered at the moment. Ill get it back.

Good to catch up on this thread every now and then, you will all inspire me to start again in Jan x

I'll be ramping it up in January, more exercise, sticking to plan etc, I want to be at target prior to the north run. ;)

@Amanda1801 where are your boobs? Are you lighter in the second pic as no Padster?

well done on the weight loss and the challenge, i bet youve got the bug now?

Also, well done to everyone else that is still dieting, i am totally on a slippery slope to fatness again, too much going on to be bothered at the moment. Ill get it back.

Good to catch up on this thread every now and then, you will all inspire me to start again in Jan x

About 1 1/2 stone lighter between the pictures. Think P Paws was zzzing somewhere this morning!

There is still a substantial reward for information relating to the whereabouts of my missing boobage! (It's just a seriously good sports bra!)

Wow Amanda you look great, well done. I need to get back on track too, had my first personal training session back at the gym today and will have the next one just after Christmas, they are short staffed at the mo so will try to fit me in. Am hoping now am on the road to sorting my health issues I can exercise more and reach my goals.

How do you find the ready meals satisfy you? I find the portions small and I'm still hungry! Instead, I make my own. I batch cook (yesterday was veg curries and quorn chilli), portion up and then freeze. All it needs then is some rice or potato or whatever nuked in the microwave to go with it :)

I'm surprisingly not as hungry as when I was eating just veg from the work canteen. Feeling slimmer this week lets hope!

Down 1lb. Only 1/2lb to my stone. Thought I had it today but not to be. Consoling myself with a bar of chocolate. (Just the one)

Congratz! :yahoo:

I lost 3 1/2 pounds as well, though took more than a week. :yahoo:

Meant to say I had 1 3/4lb off Christmas Eve and got my stone.
Next weigh in is new years eve and I will find out the damage done over Christmas.

My gym is open for 2 days between the holidays. Even if I do 2 full 8 hour days, I won't reverse the damage done! Thankfully, it's only once a year and I can get straight back on plan and reverse it. Plus I start my training proper for the north run, so that should assist me in reaching my target before summer. ;)

My gym is open for 2 days between the holidays. Even if I do 2 full 8 hour days, I won't reverse the damage done! Thankfully, it's only once a year and I can get straight back on plan and reverse it. Plus I start my training proper for the north run, so that should assist me in reaching my target before summer. ;)
Good luck with the run!

I'll be starting the new year with exercise too. My walking is not enough so need to suck it up and start doing something.

I've been to my gym this morning and done 5 miles on the treadmill. It took me 56 minutes which I'm happy with. I also had a cheeky weigh, I've put 2 pound on. By the time I have a fast day and do 7 miles on the treadmill tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably lose a pound, which will do me. ;)

Reactions: TAN
Going to go back on the slimming world plan on Thursday (for the umpteenth time ) - actually looking forward to some "clean" food - just got to go to the all you can eat Zaa Za Bazaar in bristol tomorrow as my sister and co are taking me there early for my birthday on new years day - mind you - could still do the slimming world bit if stayed away from the ice cream factory and did the boiled rice with the curry and all the nice cuts of meat from the roasts - but won't bother - will just call it a flexible syns day :)

Am low fodmap for at least a month so having to be really strict with myself so am hoping it will get me back on track. Have stuck to my calories the last few days. Back to the gym at the weekend too.

Back