Diet Club

Sounds like a good deal. Its ridiculously expensive in dublin for a gym membership. I had one but didnt go often enough. Think i will just have to commit to regular exercise.

I guess that'll do it. It's not as easy as it sounds though.

It really is that easy. All I do is count calories in (this means accurately weighing my food and logging it consistently) and I monitor my output during exercise with a heart rate monitor which gives me a good estimate of calorie burn. Simples!

What is less simple is changing your mindset and forging new habits but if I can do it, anyone can! It takes time, dedication and a degree of effort and organisation, but it is worth it.

ETA: I dropped my first 7st without any exercise at all, it was purely through food intake. And I certainly don't starve myself!

It really is that easy. All I do is count calories in (this means accurately weighing my food and logging it consistently) and I monitor my output during exercise with a heart rate monitor which gives me a good estimate of calorie burn. Simples!

What is less simple is changing your mindset and forging new habits but if I can do it, anyone can! It takes time, dedication and a degree of effort and organisation, but it is worth it.

ETA: I dropped my first 7st without any exercise at all, it was purely through food intake. And I certainly don't starve myself!
I certainly struggle with the mindset part, I'm an emotional eater. Good for you!

I certainly struggle with the mindset part, I'm an emotional eater. Good for you!

Oh I am (not was, I still am!) as well - I never got to 25 1/2st by having a healthy relationship with food! I ate an entire pot of Ben and Jerrys last night. I still struggle with moderation too!

Thinking I'll join an emotional eating support group, I found one in my area.

Hello :) though I would join you dieters :)

I was sick of been asked when my baby was due so joined slimming world 12 weeks Ago.

Lost 1st 9.5 lbs so far :) about the same to go until I reach target :) long gone are the weeks of having 4/5 takeaways a week!

I'm loving the plan :) Easy to follow when you know how :)

Does anyone else have a Fitbit?

I'm loving the plan :) Easy to follow when you know how :)

Does anyone else have a Fitbit?

I have a Fitbit flex for the last two years. I love it.
Makes me compete with myself to get my daily steps but also exceed them. I also have one of my friends added so I can compete with her too. Really motivates me to get up and move a bit even though I'm not doing any exercise other than walking at the moment.

I am in challenges every week with the slimming world ladies. Oh they are sooo competitive!

I am in challenges every week with the slimming world ladies. Oh they are sooo competitive!

I did slimming world for years. Need to get my ass in gear now though. I'm dreadful at sticking to a plan.

I looked up SW, none near me. The support group I found is privately run.

Oh dear. Up 1 1/2. A week of messing has caught up on me.

I'm currently 2lb up on last week, but I will lose 4lb in the gym before weigh in. ;)

Oh I had my daughters birthday, hubby got a promotion at work and then I just went mad. Not enough water, too many treats , two nights of takeaway and a batch loaf.

I'm on plan so far today. And intend to stay so.

Fitbit hr charge with heart rate monitor is on offer with Amazon just now 64.99. I just bought one, one of the girls at work uses it. It looks awesome. :)

I have one and it's great. That's a brilliant price. Mine is even reminding me that I am ill at the mo by sending my heart rate through the roof.

Well since starting at the Gym on 7th September I have managed to go from 19st 10 lbs to 18st 5 lbs.

Well done. ;) so can I interest you in joining me on next year's Great North Run then? :D

Well done. ;) so can I interest you in joining me on next year's Great North Run then? :D

Not bloody likely, I have arthritic knees due to cycling, but it means cycling is the best means for me to keep fit. I can offer you a bike ride at 20mph average if you wish lol. Mind you my resting heart rate has come down from 70 to 52. Tried the new Watt Fitness bike and its a killer. Managed to keep it over 200 watt output for 15 mins (or 5 miles)

I too have arthritis in both knees from military training in heavy boots and large back packs.

I've not been to the gym all week (been moving house instead!) and getting really twitchy about not going! Can't wait to have a look around the temporary new place and get back to it, and far more excited than I should be about being able to go to two spin classes each week

My first gain since joining slimming world. 1/2lb on. It was a different consultant at group yesterday so didn't feel very supported. Wasn't expected. I did have a very small kfc Friday but I had saved syns for this.

Back