Diet Club

I had a small gain this week, always the same when I'm on night shift - not eating enough, at the wrong time and little exercise. I've got all my salad stuff for duty this week, back on days. ;)

I've been bold today. Busy day with kids and rushing so had McDonalds for tea (and enjoyed it), and then of course made up treat bags for all the Halloween trick or treaters tomorrow night and had to carry out quality control.

Of course, it would be very irresponsible of you not to check the sweeties, in case they are poisoned! :))

I'm being unusually restrained lately! I've restocked my drawer at work because I'm able to exercise a very strong degree of control now!

image.webp

I'm sure I was healthier when I was 10st heavier though. Firstly my weightloss has caused my hormones to go mental for the last 6 months - hopefully being discharged from the investigations and interventions next week. Exercise has done something to my hip - had that xrayed this morning, and apparently I have high blood pressure....how?!?!

I'm being unusually restrained lately! I've restocked my drawer at work because I'm able to exercise a very strong degree of control now!

View attachment 38110

I'm sure I was healthier when I was 10st heavier though. Firstly my weightloss has caused my hormones to go mental for the last 6 months - hopefully being discharged from the investigations and interventions next week. Exercise has done something to my hip - had that xrayed this morning, and apparently I have high blood pressure....how?!?!
That would be empty in a day with me! I still have no self control even though I've lost the weight! :yikes:

Meant to post. 1/2lb down this week. A slowly getting there.
I got away with Halloween. Too much quality control and not enough actual control. Lol

Was out Thursday night too- God I feel old. I didn't drink much but the late night killed me. Woke up yesterday with a headache and completely exhausted. I had to have a nap to feel better.

I am actually disgusted with myself this week. After 20 months of being good, I thought sod it and had the blow out from hell, did no exercise and ate what I want - result - 8 1/2lb on in one week! Back on the wagon and time to get it off and another stone before Christmas.

I am actually disgusted with myself this week. After 20 months of being good, I thought sod it and had the blow out from hell, did no exercise and ate what I want - result - 8 1/2lb on in one week! Back on the wagon and time to get it off and another stone before Christmas.

jelly weight- get it off before it sets!

Don't beat yourself up about it. After 20 months one blowout is amazing.
At least now you know what the affect of a blowout can be. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the weight goes on but slowly off.

You can get that and more off for Christmas. 7weeks to go.

I'm gonna start exercise today since I haven't done any other than walking. Thinking tae bo will be a good start.

It happens. There's no way you'll have gained 8 1/2lbs of fat. It'll be water retention (welcome to how it feels to be a female!) though eating foods high in sugar and salt that you wouldn't do normally. Plenty of fluids, back on plan, and it'll be gone in no time.

The biggest issue I have when I go completely off track, is that I feel awful - sluggish, tired, generally rubbish, which just makes me want to eat more crap. Draw your line, and back to it :)

Arrgghh. Jumped on the scales, and I'm back up to 13 st 4lbs. Not good for me at all. I restarted the diet today......

Never mind, you're back amongst friends, I didn't manage to get to the gym today, I ended up doing a 10 hour shift at work, plus an hour there and back, so after 12 hours in which I never stopped and clocked up 300 miles on patrol, I'm having a chilled night off. :tu:

Trying to lose weight, it's so hard to stay motivated though. Anyone got any tips?

I have lost all motivation too at the moment. I have a wedding on Saturday where I will probably eat and drink a fare amount and then back on track and back to the gym from Sunday.

Stayed the same again this week. Which is a miracle considering the week I had.

Being good now food wise and planning. No walk today cause of the weather so I guess I will be doing a workout this evening.

I get weighed tonight, I had a cheeky weigh last night in the gym, I'd lost 4 1/2lb. I've took it easy today and I'm going for a 8 mile run before weigh in, I can normally lose up to 4lb in sweat, so with a bit of luck, I'll have lost everything I put on last week. ;)

I get weighed tonight, I had a cheeky weigh last night in the gym, I'd lost 4 1/2lb. I've took it easy today and I'm going for a 8 mile run before weigh in, I can normally lose up to 4lb in sweat, so with a bit of luck, I'll have lost everything I put on last week. ;)
Good for you!

I can confirm its not that easy, its been a long slog for me. ;)

Thanks guys, I have food optimised to the max and beasted myself senseless in the gym. Its been hard work but worth it. :tu:

Thanks guys, I have food optimised to the max and beasted myself senseless in the gym. Its been hard work but worth it. :tu:

Well congrats. That's fab.

That's where I'm going wrong- I'm not exercising. I need to find the time for it.

I found when I was pay per session, I'd put it off. I now pay a month in advance So I go regardless of how I feel. Plus it's saving me money. It's £3.50 for a single session or £22.50 a month. I go 3-5 times a week depending on my shift pattern. It's £17.50 a week if I paid for 5 single sessions, so big savings and I get fit into the bargain. ;)

Back