Diet Club

Havent been on here in forever :) weight still the same but starting new meds for arthritis so hopefully once that's behaving ill be back in the gym :)

Don't do it! ;) I'm 48 hours post first ever kettlebells class and I still can't walk!

I twisted my ankle at work and eased off at the gym for 2 weeks, I gained half a stone. Now been back at the gym this week, I've lost a few pounds, the full extent will be discovered tomorrow at weigh in. ;)

Well you could have knocked me down with a feather! I put on 8lbs in 2 weeks, and lost 7lb in one week! :yahoo: It was bloody hard work in the gym mind. ;)

Don't do it! ;) I'm 48 hours post first ever kettlebells class and I still can't walk!
kettlebells are great fun :D not allowed to do anything like that until I'm back under control as its likely to trigger another severe flare up/keep the one I'm in going, had to give up roller derby, running and olympic weight lifting which has been pretty gutting but I will be going back and surprisingly I have only gained 7lbs which I then lost again after stopping it all. Supposed to be running 5k next weekend but it wont be happening, pretty sad as it was a paid entry race but ah well stay at home with the pets it is :-)

I am trying to lose weight too. Been exercising and trying to eat less. I have a kettlebell in the basement, I should use it.

I've had 2 small gains over the last 2 weeks (2 1/2lbs), that's because I've upped my exercise in the gym, this is a normal session on the treadmill, 4 - 5 times a week. ;)

WP_20150903_001.webp

Quite pleased with my monthly progress photo this month! Even more pleased with my bargain Asda gym wear - £20 for the bottoms, tshirt and vest top underneath - good quality too. Just a bit unfortunate in hindsight that the green and black combo matches the gym staff uniforms!

image.webp

My slow creeping weight gain as finally stopped, it was only creeping by half a pound to a pound over the last 4 weeks. It's finally stayed the same. It's down to all the extra training in preparation for next years North Run. ;)

I need to get back on track, been comfort eating and have gained almost half a stone so have now restricted my calories back to 1200 (I was on 1500 as maintenance). Need to get back into exercising too. Had a very distracting few weeks.

I have started losing again, only half a pound, but the increased training is building my legs up. I found an excellent Great Run training site, there is a facility to plot a run on the map and it tells you how far you've run and the calories used. I've plotted 4 different routes around my house - a 3 mile, a 6 mile, a 8 mile and a 10 mile. Once I'm up to speed, I'll plot a 13 mile and aim to run it maybe once or twice a week, so by the time GNR16 comes around, I won't be facing it with trepidation. ;)

Great Run Training

I need to get back on track, been comfort eating and have gained almost half a stone so have now restricted my calories back to 1200 (I was on 1500 as maintenance). Need to get back into exercising too. Had a very distracting few weeks.
You'll do it, I have every confidence in you. ;)

Pity you're too far from me, I could have dragged you round on a couple of 10 milers. ;) :))

I need to start running but have issues with my back and knees. How are your knees now?

Still knackered! I do 3 six milers a week followed by a 8 miler. I then have to have 3 days rest to allow the swelling to go down. The recovery time is getting quicker every week. ;)

Wow. That's amazing.

My personal trainer at the gym said I need to keep exercising to help mine especially as it is looking like my mum will need a knee replacement due to her arthritis.

My doctor said I would have needed both replacing by the time I was 50 - just over 18 months away, in 12 months I'll be running a half marathon! :yikes:

That, and losing over 6 and a half stone - 5 stone with Slimming World and a stone and a half on my own before joining SW. :tu:

Hello, I'm new here. I spotted this thread and thought it might be about Piggy diets but on closer inspection it's a subject close to my heart - Piggy Owner diets. I'm currently on a mission to lose 3.5 stone - 10lbs down so far during September but still a long way to go and I have to have a hip op in 10 days which isn't going to help with getting out and exercising. I'm really impressed with the progress you are making. Is that really 2076 calories burned in ONE gym session BossHog?

Do you run outside as well?
I used to do long distance cycling - 100m rides - but then I had all sorts of back and hip problems (one has to wonder why...) and I've been pretty much off the bike for a couple of years though. I did a 65m in May but not much since due to two ops but my son wants me to take him on a bike touring holiday next summer so I'm going to be stocking up on winter kit and getting out there training.

Not yet, I'm still building my stamina, energy and legs up. I have plotted 4 routes as I said earlier and I'll be starting them once I get some decent running shorts. I have to make sure they're longer than normal shorts to prevent friction! :yikes: :))

The time is shown on the reading, that session lasted 94 minutes or 1 hour 34 minutes. ;)

Back