Diet Club

My gym is £3.50 a session, I pay the monthly price of £22.50. I go between 3 & 5 times a week depending on my shifts, so I'm getting my monies worth. ;)

My gym is £3.50 a session, I pay the monthly price of £22.50. I go between 3 & 5 times a week depending on my shifts, so I'm getting my monies worth. ;)

That's cheap!

It's £5.40 for a gym session or class, and £4 swimming here. Membership is £38 a month or £60 for joint membership, which is what we're going for.

Mine is a small community gym with no pool, it has free standing weights, multi-gyms, exercise bikes, rowing machines, treadmills, cross trainers, stepping machines and floor space for sit ups, that's more than enough for my needs. ;)

I'm going to get the quarterly membership from next month. Its £60 for 3 months.

I'm going to get the quarterly membership from next month. Its £60 for 3 months.
That's fantastic value! I looked at a local gym a while back which was similar cost, but soon realised it was a women's only gym :doh:

It's such an inspiration seeing people getting into getting fit. I used to be so fit and active. Now I can't do a lot, but I want to do more. I walk a lot with the dogs, but that leaves me in a lot of pain. I've been looking into doing Yoga from home. I know it's not fitness in the literal sense but with my fibro and athritis I thought it would be a nice gentle to way to start getting supple, strengthen muscles etc which will help me in the long run of pain management. The weight loss will help with that as well, but that's not going my way at the moment :P Does anyone here do Yoga?

Well done Amanda.

Ruth, I used to do yoga until we ran out of space in the flat to do it. It is really gentle but effective.

So I am on a fast day today. So far I have had an egg on toast and loads of herbal tea. I have just made a vegetable chilli for tea and when I have calculated the calories I have discovered that I can have a full portion of brown rice! WOO HOO. That still only takes me up to 430 calories. So I now have these options:
1) not eating anything else today
2) have some fruit
3) have a custard cream

Right now the custard cream is all I can think about!

I really am doing terribly. I gained two pounds this week. I have not lost any weight at all this year. I cannot understand why I am finding it so hard to stick to my points when last year I was doing well. Hopefully I can stick to it this week.

@piggyfan I am sorry that you are not doing so well. I am not doing well either. My face looks fat. I have been very stressed and using that as an excuse not to care what I am eating. I am not eating very much in quantity but what I am eating is not good stuff :(

Gigi Keep your chin up hun, you've lot loads so far and we all go through these bad patches, some a lock longer than others! You can rant at me any time you need to lol!

I was doing well this week and then had a really stressful day at work and ended up eating chicken and ham pie for dinner because I was in a 'screw it' mood.

Chin up Gigi, I have yoyo'd all year, I pursuaded MrsHogg to return to SW with me so hopefully that will spur me on. I think once I get positive word back from the reserves , I'll pull my finger out! Plus I saw some photos of my estranged siblings today, I haven't seen them for 10 years, I've fared better. ;)

@piggyfan I am sorry that you are not doing so well. I am not doing well either. My face looks fat. I have been very stressed and using that as an excuse not to care what I am eating. I am not eating very much in quantity but what I am eating is not good stuff :(
Aww I am sorry you too have been comfort eating but you have just lost Domino so please make allowances for yourself.

Chin up Gigi, I have yoyo'd all year, I pursuaded MrsHogg to return to SW with me so hopefully that will spur me on. I think once I get positive word back from the reserves , I'll pull my finger out! Plus I saw some photos of my estranged siblings today, I haven't seen them for 10 years, I've fared better. ;)
That must have been a great boost for your self esteem. It will be great your wife joining with you as you can help each other.

Gigi Keep your chin up hun, you've lot loads so far and we all go through these bad patches, some a lock longer than others! You can rant at me any time you need to lol!

I was doing well this week and then had a really stressful day at work and ended up eating chicken and ham pie for dinner because I was in a 'screw it' mood.

Aww thank you for the support.

@piggyfan have you been struggling since your birthday? I knew that was a hard time for you, but can you identify anything else that is making it hard to loose weight? I agree, you have done so well though, please dont beat yourself up.

@BossHogg I hope you get into the reserves, you are working so hard!

Yes I have been struggling and resorting to comfort eating. Hopefully this week will be better.

Back