Diet Club

Well I stuck to my 500 cal limit and had 497! I feel very virtuous and hungry! Can't imagine I will sleep well tonight, never do with an empty tummy!

I could never do the 5:2 diet . I don't sleep if I go to bed hungry - and need my sleep.

Hmm, anything you can stuff yourself with that's low calorie? Or loads of water, that's filling.

Abi, would you mind telling me what you've eaten for that low calorie count? I'm intrigued as it sounds like nothing lol.

I joined the biggest loser again after severe comfort eating gained me 3.5 stone. Not good.
This week I lost 4lbs :')
Now just gotta try and stick to it!
Really well done Heather, I am a comfort eater too so know how tempting it can be to find solice in the fridge. I ate when I was sad, happy bored or tired and it had nothing to do with being hungry. Hopefully I have this bad habit under control now and I'm sure a clever lassie like yourself will be able to do the same. Keep us informed and all the best x..

I hope everyone has a good week this week. I don't think I will, i'm ill, but i'll be back on the band wagon as soon as I feel better. Sending good vibes all your ways! :D
Hope you feel better soon Flutter by, a diet is the last thing you should try think of when you're ill, eat whatever makes you feel better. Chocolate would be top of my list !

Abi, would you mind telling me what you've eaten for that low calorie count? I'm intrigued as it sounds like nothing lol.
This morning I juiced an apple and an orange and had it with some strawberries - 108.25cal
Lunch was one poached egg with one slice of toast - 169cal
Mid afternoon rice cake - 30cal
Tonight was prawn Bhuna - 49cal
40g brown rice - 144cal

So I weighed myself on Friday and I was 10st11.8. I fasted yesterday and weighed myself this morning (I should probably have waited until Friday but was keen to see the effects of yesterday) and I am now 10st11.8! A bit disappointed but I did have a huge Chinese at the weekend so maybe that put my weight up. I didn't expect to lose much - even 10st11.6 would have been good. Fasting again on Thursday so will see what Friday holds!

@Flutterby

Bhuna Prawn
Serves 4
Ingredients
200g prawns
1 large onion finely sliced
4 cloves garlic
2 in. piece root ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons garam masala
4 fresh tomatoes
1 tablespoonsful ghee or vegetable oil
1 tablespoonsful lemon juice or to taste
½ to 1 teaspoonful chilli powder or flakes (to taste)
Salt to taste

Method
1. Marinade the prawns in turmeric and salt.
2. Finely chop/crush the garlic and ginger
3. Heat the ghee or oil and fry the onions and garlic and ginger until the onion are soft
4. Add quartered tomatoes and garam masala and cook until tomatoes are completely collapsed
5. Add chilli powder a little at a time, tasting until the desired “heat” is reached.
6. Add prawns and heat through.
7. Add lemon juice

@Flutterby

[you]Bhuna Prawn[/you]
Serves 4
[you]Ingredients[/you]
200g prawns
1 large onion finely sliced
4 cloves garlic
2 in. piece root ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons garam masala
4 fresh tomatoes
1 tablespoonsful ghee or vegetable oil
1 tablespoonsful lemon juice or to taste
½ to 1 teaspoonful chilli powder or flakes (to taste)
Salt to taste

[you]Method[/you]
1. Marinade the prawns in turmeric and salt.
2. Finely chop/crush the garlic and ginger
3. Heat the ghee or oil and fry the onions and garlic and ginger until the onion are soft
4. Add quartered tomatoes and garam masala and cook until tomatoes are completely collapsed
5. Add chilli powder a little at a time, tasting until the desired “heat” is reached.
6. Add prawns and heat through.
7. Add lemon juice

Thanks for posting this. - I need recepies like this.

I need things that are quick and easy to prepare.

They are much better than ready meals !

Thanks for posting this. - I need recepies like this.

I need things that are quick and easy to prepare.

They are much better than ready meals !

It literally takes less than 30minutes. I could just sit with a full pan and a spoon! I always make double as it freezes really well.

Thanks for that Abi! It looks really easy. I'm not a cook lol so I'll give it a go over the next few weeks :)

I hope you are feeling better today Ruth?

Don't be disappointed Abi, and just think at least the Chinese didn't make you gain and you did well with your testing yesterday :)

Baked potato with beans last night. Home made quorn spag bol tonight...

Fasting day 2 today. It was going to be tomorrow but I forgot that it is my nieces birthday so there is a chance I will get a text mid afternoon tomorrow to invite us to tea.

I have to admit to another 'unofficial' weigh in today - it is so difficult not to step on those scales in the morning. However, good news today - I have lost 1lb! So I am very happy with that.

I decided to skip breakfast this morning as I realised it was ridiculous to have apple, orange and strawberries all in one sitting when I could spread them out throughout the day as necessary. Only problem is that I HATE eating fruit so I found it a lot easier to consume in a juice! I also find that if I don't eat breakfast I can get pretty close to lunch time without needing to eat. So although I am really hungry at the moment I'm not massively bothered about eating.

Pound and a half off, I'm on nights next block of shifts so I'll have to push on and keep up with the losing, I'm back to within 6 lb of my lowest weight since joining slimming world, so time to step up. ;)

Back