Diet Club

Hi folks, Lost 1 3/4 pounds this week not bad considering I haven't done any exercise or cut down on my portion size. This is what I'm going to work on this week, and it is something I have always struggled with, I love food and lot's of it, but I know I have to cut down my portion of carbs, I will start off slow so it is not such a shock. Hopefully by next week I will have good news to report. Bye for now, Jenny x

Hi folks, Lost 1 3/4 pounds this week not bad considering I haven't done any exercise or cut down on my portion size. This is what I'm going to work on this week, and it is something I have always struggled with, I love food and lot's of it, but I know I have to cut down my portion of carbs, I will start off slow so it is not such a shock. Hopefully by next week I will have good news to report. Bye for now, Jenny x
That is great, Jenny. I struggle with portion sizes too. If you ever change your mind with slimming world you can have as large portion as you like. Good luck.

Excellent work Boss man keep it up. Did you find out how much the chef lost? Just being nosey :nod:.
I didn't I'm afraid, he goes to the evening class, (my class) however, I had to go to the morning class today as I was on late duty. I'll find out next week when I'm back at my own class. ;)

I didn't I'm afraid, he goes to the evening class, (my class) however, I had to go to the morning class today as I was on late duty. I'll find out next week when I'm back at my own class. ;)
Good! Get your spy outfit on and report back to us with all the juicy gossip.

I'm checking in here for real this time ;) I got diagnosed with an auto-immune condition (bleaaaghhh!) which slightly increases your risk of developing diabetes so I'm determind to make myself as healthy as possible and hopefully avoid all that!

I'm following the old style Weight Watchers Pure Points system, which I have all old books for. I don't have time for meetings, but I can do it alone. I have lost 8 lbs over 3 weeks. I have a further 24lbs to go to get to my target weight.

I'm checking in here for real this time ;) I got diagnosed with an auto-immune condition (bleaaaghhh!) which slightly increases your risk of developing diabetes so I'm determind to make myself as healthy as possible and hopefully avoid all that!

I'm following the old style Weight Watchers Pure Points system, which I have all old books for. I don't have time for meetings, but I can do it alone. I have lost 8 lbs over 3 weeks. I have a further 24lbs to go to get to my target weight.
8lb in just 3 weeks is great, well done. My hubby has diabetes and it is not nice so good on you for doing what you're doing. :nod:

That's fantastic. I go to the weightwatchers meetings as I have found this is what really helps. I also use the online tools .

I do feel really guilty eating my salads at the kitchen table, in full view of 4 shrieking piggies though! They wheek and glare at me and make me feel so guilty -even though they get their salads too! I'm doing a weekly weigh in at work on Monday monrings with some other people in the office, we are all following different plans but the motivation is that no one wants to be the one who did not loose weight that week ;)

I do feel really guilty eating my salads at the kitchen table, in full view of 4 shrieking piggies though! They wheek and glare at me and make me feel so guilty -even though they get their salads too! I'm doing a weekly weigh in at work on Monday monrings with some other people in the office, we are all following different plans but the motivation is that no one wants to be the one who did not loose weight that week ;)

We're following different plans on this thread too - and I find this thread very helpful.

My Guinea Pigs can't see me in the kitchen so I am spared the wheeks. We' ve got quite good with the veg stock control nowadays. In the morning , I prepare their breakfast and my salad at the same time. The guinea pigs get the freshest veg and we have the wilted stuff steamed with our supper. My OH eats a lot more green beans and broccoli now we gave the piggies.

Wow, that is fantastic! Well done.

I have not been to weightwatchers for two weeks. I have gained one pounds due to comfort eating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really bad for comfort eating, and that is why my weight has gone up so much over the last 3 months. I need to replace comfort eating with another activity I suppose.

I am really bad for comfort eating, and that is why my weight has gone up so much over the last 3 months. I need to replace comfort eating with another activity I suppose.
Comfort eating is such a difficult cycle to break. When I am really depressed and do not eat I cannot switch off so sometimes I can only eat just to get a break from the thoughts.

I have not been to weightwatchers for two weeks. I have gained one pounds due to comfort eating. Comfort eating is such a difficult cycle to break. When I am really depressed and do not eat I cannot switch off so sometimes I can only eat just to get a break from the thoughts.

Are you OK Piggyfan?

@piggyfan that makes sense. A friend of mine recently had hypnotherapy to stop her comfort eating, it cost £100s but has worked as she has gone from a size 22 to a size 14. I do not have the spare cash! I think she also had it in conjunction with CBT though.
When very very stressed I cannot eat and then drop lots of weight. When I am feeling low and anxious I comfort eat. It must be possible to train yourself out of it I suppose. I have unfortunately replaced comfort eating to some extent with comfort online shopping! Some very strange things have been dropping through my letter box lately ;) from late-night stress-inspired shopping sprees!

I used to have much more harmful ways of dealing with anxiety than comfort eating, so I guess scoffing maltesers isn't actually that bad though.

@piggyfan that makes sense. A friend of mine recently had hypnotherapy to stop her comfort eating, it cost £100s but has worked as she has gone from a size 22 to a size 14. I do not have the spare cash! I think she also had it in conjunction with CBT though.
When very very stressed I cannot eat and then drop lots of weight. When I am feeling low and anxious I comfort eat. It must be possible to train yourself out of it I suppose. I have unfortunately replaced comfort eating to some extent with comfort online shopping! Some very strange things have been dropping through my letter box lately ;) from late-night stress-inspired shopping sprees!

I used to have much more harmful ways of dealing with anxiety than comfort eating, so I guess scoffing maltesers isn't actually that bad though.
I can relate to that. Food is better then self harm so I am really pleased you are not doing that.

It is great your friend has managed to break the cycle of comfort eating. I imagine it was very pricey but worth it.

I had a small gain, I've been off work this week and its been oh so easy to have a little nibble here and there, every time I pass the kitchen! :(

Back