Diet Club

I'm hungry tonight and I've already had 38 points.
It is so hard. I am hungry too. I brush my teeth to help stop me eating. I have gone over by about 12 points this week. I think as you are not trying to lose then you should be okay.

Is it because you are close to your ideal weight that you are struggling? I think thats why i am finding it easy, with the counting calories bit, because i am so much overweight i have a lot of calories to play with especially when i have exercised. However, i know one day (hopefully) i wont have that many to play with.

What does 26 points mean in reality?

Is it because you are close to your ideal weight that you are struggling? I think thats why i am finding it easy, with the counting calories bit, because i am so much overweight i have a lot of calories to play with especially when i have exercised. However, i know one day (hopefully) i wont have that many to play with.

What does 26 points mean in reality?
When I was heavier I had more points so I could eat more. 26 points is the minimum points you can be on and it is just nothing. I do not really know how to explain what it means but each food has a points value and 26 means not eating much.

Yes but who wants fruit and vegetables? Lol. Also, you cannot stuff your face with fruit. With bananas you can only have one a day for instance.

I thought I would share my banana ice cream recipe!

I usually take a banana, chop it into some pieces and then I throw it in the freezer for about two hours. (freezing the banana in the skin doesn't really work well as it's crazy hard to get the peel off!)

Once the banana is frozen through, take it out and place it in a food processor. Next add frozen fruit (I like mango and sometimes I add dates at room temp.).

Blend until it's ice cream consistency! I like it at about custard ice cream thickness.

You can add a teeny bit of milk or almond milk and about 1/2 a teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract as well if you like which will help it to reach a creamy consistency! The only bad thing is that it loses its ice cream consistency as it warms (faster than real ice cream). It's good for when you're craving something sweet! Only contains natural sugar from the bananas and fruit.
That sounds delicious, I am definitely going to try it, thanks for the recipe.

Yes but who wants fruit and vegetables? Lol. Also, you cannot stuff your face with fruit. With bananas you can only have one a day for instance.

I agree, but i would fill up on veg but i love it so I'm alright, id have a plateful of sprouts and carrot and green beans, fruit nah, can keep that lol

I get stomach cramps if I just eat vegetables on their own. It is odd. It is great you can tolerate them though.

I pigged out on fruit with my tea, I had low calorie chicken chow mein padded out with golden veg micro rice and steamed micro veg, 6 syns for the lot, I needed mountaineering kit to get to the top of the plate! :)) followed by a banana, an apple, a pear and 3 tangerines. ;)
That sounds about right for my portion size too, Boss. Joking apart it sounds delicious, my kind of food.

I get stomach cramps if I just eat vegetables on their own. It is odd. It is great you can tolerate them though.
That's a real shame Piggyfan, have you worked out if it is just a single type of veg or do they all have that effect on you?

That's a real shame Piggyfan, have you worked out if it is just a single type of veg or do they all have that effect on you?
It just seems to be if I eat a lot of vegetables without anything like rice or pasta with it. It is strange.

I can eat a lot of veg but it does give me...erm...well...you know...some problems lol. I quite like a plate of veg and gravy. On the other hand, fruit kills me, and it makes my lips itch and sometimes swell.

It could be unless it is due to my hernia. It prevents me eating citrus fruits.

How are you doing with changing your eating?
It's going well so far, touch wood, had a bit of a wobble earlier today as David left a packet of gingernuts on the couch, in his defence he was having a hypo and needed to get his blood sugar back up, but I resisted before I started to eat healthily I would have scoffed four without thinking.

We are really starting to get in the swing of things now, we had chicken and noodles with a pad tai sauce and a huge salad for dinner. There are three great recipes in the diabetes magazine this month so I am going to try them out. One is Chicken Kiev made with low fat cream cheese, wholemeal breadcrumbs and oven baked. It sounds yummy!

It's going well so far, touch wood, had a bit of a wobble earlier today as David left a packet of gingernuts on the couch, in his defence he was having a hypo and needed to get his blood sugar back up, but I resisted before I started to eat healthily I would have scoffed four without thinking.

We are really starting to get in the swing of things now, we had chicken and noodles with a pad tai sauce and a huge salad for dinner. There are three great recipes in the diabetes magazine this month so I am going to try them out. One is Chicken Kiev made with low fat cream cheese, wholemeal breadcrumbs and oven baked. It sounds yummy!
Well done! Resisting those biscuits must have been hard but you did really well.

I can eat a lot of veg but it does give me...erm...well...you know...some problems lol. I quite like a plate of veg and gravy. On the other hand, fruit kills me, and it makes my lips itch and sometimes swell.
Oh dear! I wonder if you have an allergy to fruit.

Google Slimming World recipes, there is a mountain of delicious mouth watering recipes for you to try, all food optimised to help you lose weight. ;)

Well done for resisting those biscuits @jenny57

As for this being hungry buisiness @piggyfan . I agree that when you are losing weight there will be times when you are feeling peckish which you just have to ignore -but you shouldn't have to go hungry. Are there any foods on the filling and healthy list you like? The time I really notice it is bedtime and I don't agree with going to bed hungry. If this happens ,I have a bowl of porridge

Well done for resisting those biscuits @jenny57

As for this being hungry buisiness @piggyfan . I agree that when you are losing weight there will be times when you are feeling peckish which you just have to ignore -but you shouldn't have to go hungry. Are there any foods on the filling and healthy list you like? The time I really notice it is bedtime and I don't agree with going to bed hungry. If this happens ,I have a bowl of porridge
I am doing the points so if I have none left all I can have is vegetables or fruit. Sometimes I give in and have cereal bars but I know I should not.

Back