Diet Club

I had 1/2 lb loss this week. Not bad considering we had friends up at the weekend and ate out .

Anyway, I am a returning Gold member and have now reached the weight where I don't have to pay :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I had 1/2 lb loss this week. Not bad considering we had friends up at the weekend and ate out .

Anyway, I am a returning Gold member and have now reached the weight where I don't have to pay :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
That is fantastic. It must feel amazing to be at a weight you are happy with.

Can I join in?

I had been doing well until about a year ago and then had health problems which made it very difficult to continue on the fasting diet, which I was doing alongside some elements of slimming world.

I am about a stone off my starting weight, but I've probably put 2 stone over the last year. I've been really ill recently and have been put on yet another drug with really common weight gain stats, so I am trying again as I cannot afford to put any more on, even though its more difficult whilst I'm not well

On the fast diet your weight fluctuates massively from day to day, so I use the Libra app to even out the ups and downs (probably some kind of regression analysis), so I'll use that to tell you what the change has been week to week.

I know how much my weight is affected by my medication as I put on 6 stone in 18 months when I first became ill a long time ago.

Luckily I found the fast diet easy to stick to and it had slow but steady results, so hopefully I will do well this time (plus maintenance seems easier than say Slimming World, which is great but I couldn't do it forever,

There are such lovely people on this forum and inspiration losers such as Boss Hog that I'd like to join your group if I may.

I like slimming world as I don't feel I'm on a diet, I'm eating totally normal meals, the way I look at it, I'm not on a diet, its a lifestyle change. I recognised I was shoving too much rubbish in my cakehole, so I made a number of changes, sweetener for sugar, skimmed milk for full fat, frylight for oil, I now grill all meat on my George Foreman fat reducing grill and I eat plenty of fruit and veg and "syn free" foods. Its these changes that have paid dividends. ;)

Can I join in?

I had been doing well until about a year ago and then had health problems which made it very difficult to continue on the fasting diet, which I was doing alongside some elements of slimming world.

I am about a stone off my starting weight, but I've probably put 2 stone over the last year. I've been really ill recently and have been put on yet another drug with really common weight gain stats, so I am trying again as I cannot afford to put any more on, even though its more difficult whilst I'm not well

On the fast diet your weight fluctuates massively from day to day, so I use the Libra app to even out the ups and downs (probably some kind of regression analysis), so I'll use that to tell you what the change has been week to week.

I know how much my weight is affected by my medication as I put on 6 stone in 18 months when I first became ill a long time ago.

Luckily I found the fast diet easy to stick to and it had slow but steady results, so hopefully I will do well this time (plus maintenance seems easier than say Slimming World, which is great but I couldn't do it forever,

There are such lovely people on this forum and inspiration losers such as Boss Hog that I'd like to join your group if I may.
Of course you can join in. Like you, I gained six stone so I know how you feel. You have done very well by the sounds of things.

Lost 2lb - but think most of that could be down to a dodgy tummy! - a great excuse to eat what you want as it whizzes straight out again!

Can I join in?

This thread is really great as we are following different methods but are able to share our hints and successes.

That is fantastic. It must feel amazing to be at a weight you are happy with.

I'm getting there. I could do with losing a few more pounds but am starting to wonder what it'll be like maintaining

I've given up with Weight Watchers, subscription cancelled. I was so fed up with calculating points that I wasn't bothering. I'm using MFP now and it's like someone flicked a switch and I'm 100% back on track now!

I've given up with Weight Watchers, subscription cancelled. I was so fed up with calculating points that I wasn't bothering. I'm using MFP now and it's like someone flicked a switch and I'm 100% back on track now!

Each to their own . I don't find counting points too difficult with the online resources.

Good luck Amanda.

I always found with weight watchers that I would use all the points on chocolate and cake and not eat any real food.

I always found with weight watchers that I would use all the points on chocolate and cake and not eat any real food.
I use my points for junk like crisps and biscuits. Good food seems to be higher in points.

Reactions: TAN
I use my points for junk like crisps and biscuits. Good food seems to be higher in points.

Oh dear you 2 !

My average day is 3 meals + fruit for snacks ! My vice is cheese so I'm doing my best to steer clear from it. (Oh, and I do drink beer when I go out)

Last edited:
Reactions: TAN
Oh dear you 2 !

My average day is 3 meals + fruit for snacks ! My vice is cheese so I'm doing my best to steer clear from it. (Oh, and I do drink beer when I go out)
You sound very healthy. What is an example of a days food for you?

I don't drink, I'm eating 3 good meals a day, and having a takeaway as a treat once a week. ;)

You sound very healthy. What is an example of a days food for you?

breakfast - 40 g museli with skimmed milk
lunch - pitta, hummus, salad with oil and vinegar dressing
fruit ( I get through a banana, apple and soft fruit during the day ) . I also drink loads of cups of tea ( black or rooibos) so count 3/4 pint skimmed milk in my points
Supper varies according to how many points I have to spare - but could be fish cooked in sauce with jacket spud / or a stir fry with noodles and sauce or prawns, prawn coleslaw and jacket spud.
I sometimes have a chocolate options and a couple of Belvita biscuits as a nightcap

breakfast - 40 g museli with skimmed milk
lunch - pitta, hummus, salad with oil and vinegar dressing
fruit ( I get through a banana, apple and soft fruit during the day ) . I also drink loads of cups of tea ( black or rooibos) so count 3/4 pint skimmed milk in my points
Supper varies according to how many points I have to spare - but could be fish cooked in sauce with jacket spud / or a stir fry with noodles and sauce or prawns, prawn coleslaw and jacket spud.
Thank you for telling me. I would be hungry with that but that explains why I'm fat. Lol.

Thank you for telling me. I would be hungry with that but that explains why I'm fat. Lol.

I'm no more hungry than I used to be when I was overeating. Fruit helps a lot - especially bananas.

I'm trying to add a bit more variety now I'm nearer my goal weight.

I food optimize a lot, tonight I had a massive plate of spagbol, extra lean beef mince, tinned tomatoes /passata, onions, mushrooms, dried spaghetti, dried herbs/spices - all syn free. I was absolutely stuffed by the time I had shovelled it down my neck. ;)

I food optimize a lot, tonight I had a massive plate of spagbol, extra lean beef mince, tinned tomatoes /passata, onions, mushrooms, dried spaghetti, dried herbs/spices - all syn free. I was absolutely stuffed by the time I had shovelled it down my neck. ;)
Slimming world portions are great!

That's why I'm never hungry, it was no mean feat not to be constantly hungry when I was nearly 23 stone, its not as bad now I'm under 19 stone. :)

Back