Diet Club

Slimming World are releasing a "Fake Away" recipe book. I will be getting that as soon as it's released. ;)

I've got both of the Hairy Dieters books - worth getting (or asking for a birthday present or whatever!)

I've been following this thread with great interest. I thought I could manage to lose weight without having to join a slimming club but I'm afraid every day is a "start Tomorrow" day. I have no willpower.
I see some of you are using Weightwatchers and some are using Slimming World.
Which one is best ?

I've been following this thread with great interest. I thought I could manage to lose weight without having to join a slimming club but I'm afraid every day is a "start Tomorrow" day. I have no willpower.
I see some of you are using Weightwatchers and some are using Slimming World.
Which one is best ?
That is a difficult question as it depends on you. With slimming world you can eat as much rice,pasta,pulses,vegetables,eggs,and fruit as you like. I lost two stone but then I needed to eat more fruit and vegetables and I cannot due to a hernia so I have joined weight watchers. You can eat what you want but everything must be weighed and has a points value. You get a certain amount of points to stick too. Does that make sense?

That is a difficult question as it depends on you. With slimming world you can eat as much rice,pasta,pulses,vegetables,eggs,and fruit as you like. I lost two stone but then I needed to eat more fruit and vegetables and I cannot due to a hernia so I have joined weight watchers. You can eat what you want but everything must be weighed and has a points value. You get a certain amount of points to stick too. Does that make sense?

Yep. I'm afraid I've never got my head around slimming world but I've heard al lot of people do well with it.

Yep. I'm afraid I've never got my head around slimming world but I've heard al lot of people do well with it.

I've done both and personally much prefer weight watchers. I find it easier and more adaptable. It's super easy if you have a smart phone and download the app as it has the points calculator on it so you can calculate the points of anything if you have the nutritional values for it

something i have learnt in my recent months of weight gain - there is not a single main meal that isn't made better by being put in a sandwich - lunch today weightwatchers sausages and mash - in a sandwich, yesterday weightwatchers chicken lasagne - in a sandwich.... i can't for the life of me work out why my diet is failing!

I've done both and personally much prefer weight watchers. I find it easier and more adaptable. It's super easy if you have a smart phone and download the app as it has the points calculator on it so you can calculate the points of anything if you have the nutritional values for it

That shows how long ago I was last in Weightwatchers - no such thing as smart phones in those days

something i have learnt in my recent months of weight gain - there is not a single main meal that isn't made better by being put in a sandwich - lunch today weightwatchers sausages and mash - in a sandwich, yesterday weightwatchers chicken lasagne - in a sandwich.... i can't for the life of me work out why my diet is failing!

mmm .... let me think

Todays food...

Breakfast: Porridge made with skimmed milk, peanut hottie and choc shot, with banana (8pp)
Mid Morning: Yoghurt coated raisins (4pp), apple
Lunch: The other half of yesterdays tin of soup (3pp), warburtons thin sandwich with garlic and herb philly light (7pp)
Early afternoon starvation: walkers max paprika crisps (7pp), cadburys fudge bar (3pp)
Late afternoon (post-mammoth dog walk!): Warburtons thin sandwich with quorn chicken slices, light mayo, lettuce and tomato (5pp), latte macchiato (2pp)
Dinner: Chinese "fake away" - sweet and sour "chicken" (actually quorn), egg fried rice (without the egg because I've just found it!), and stir fried veg with hoisin and garlic sauce (12pp for the portion below)

Screw you local takeaway!

1959969_818382394843420_1387144226_n.jpg

12pp for this portion

10006266_818383414843318_336949316_n.jpg

Todays food...

Breakfast: Porridge made with skimmed milk, peanut hottie and choc shot, with banana (8pp)
Mid Morning: Yoghurt coated raisins (4pp), apple
Lunch: The other half of yesterdays tin of soup (3pp), warburtons thin sandwich with garlic and herb philly light (7pp)
Early afternoon starvation: walkers max paprika crisps (7pp), cadburys fudge bar (3pp)
Late afternoon (post-mammoth dog walk!): Warburtons thin sandwich with quorn chicken slices, light mayo, lettuce and tomato (5pp), latte macchiato (2pp)
Dinner: Chinese "fake away" - sweet and sour "chicken" (actually quorn), egg fried rice (without the egg because I've just found it!), and stir fried veg with hoisin and garlic sauce (12pp for the portion below)

Screw you local takeaway!

1959969_818382394843420_1387144226_n.jpg

12pp for this portion

10006266_818383414843318_336949316_n.jpg

AWW - now I'm hungry. I haven't had my tea yet - too busy looking at threads in this forum .

Is that weightwatchers ?

Amanda I have shocking news. Those walkers paprika crisps are 10 points not 7! I saw they were 7 then used the calculator and they are 10! I called the helpline and they said the calculator is more accurate. I love those crisps.

Amanda I have shocking news. Those walkers paprika crisps are 10 points not 7! I saw they were 7 then used the calculator and they are 10! I called the helpline and they said the calculator is more accurate. I love those crisps.

Must depend on the size of the bag because I always calculate by nutritional values and weight!

I must have done it wrong as I did it again and it is 7. Thanks Amanda.

I always calculate from the nutritional values and accurately weigh my portions where I can, as they update their lists once or twice a year, where as the nutritional values of the product could change at any time.

When you look at the nutritional values it usually has per 100g and per serving (for example, 25g). Whichever column of values you put in, put that "per" weight in the first box, then your weighed portion in the second box.

You can see in the crisps I've used the "per 100g" values, and then put in the portion size which was 50g in the second one

Thats why I prefer slimming world - no weighing. ;)

I found I was always hungry with weightwatchers, with slimming world, I'm eating massive meals - but the right kind of food. I'm very pleased with the results. An average loss of 3lb every week. ;)

Back