Diet Club

Well my diet this week has included breakfast out at Witherspoons yesterday, breakfast out at Frankie & Bennys this morning.... and dinner out tonight ......

That's too much going out for me @artcasper lol. I haven't been out since errr *thinks* December I think lol. Hope you have a nice time tonight.
I know ! For me too really but 3 separate friends and this is the week they were free ! Usually got out about 4 times a year !

Heya :)
I stumbled across this thread and I hope you don't mind me commenting!

I'm a fitness instructor/ personal trainer and nutritionist and I thought I'd make myself known, if anyone ever has any questions or needs advice on anything health and fitness related then just pop me a message. No catch or anything

Anyone who is a friend of piggos is a friend of mine
Though I'm sure you're all beautiful the way you are!

Beki
Xx

I have cut out sugar and wheat for about six weeks now. Absolutely no weight loss at all. Not pleased.

With two guinea pigs to feed the house is groaning with veg and salad which has been surprisingly well received by us humans as well. Still no weight loss though.

Humph.

Heya :)
I stumbled across this thread and I hope you don't mind me commenting!

I'm a fitness instructor/ personal trainer and nutritionist and I thought I'd make myself known, if anyone ever has any questions or needs advice on anything health and fitness related then just pop me a message. No catch or anything

Anyone who is a friend of piggos is a friend of mine
Though I'm sure you're all beautiful the way you are!

Beki
Xx
That's lovely, thank you.

My weight seems to be creeping up and I don't really understand why. In an attempt to address this I've joined a gym. A proper scary looking place in an industrial unit to do some strength training. Eep. I've had a couple of sessions with a pt but I can't afford to keep that up so I've got a plan and I'll see her again in a couple of months. I feel so daft, these great big grunty fellas sometimes don't rack their weights and I can hardly lift one off the machine, let alone do any work with several of them!

My plan is to up my fitness so I end up running to the gym and back. It's less than a five minute drive but uphill...

That's lovely, thank you.

My weight seems to be creeping up and I don't really understand why. In an attempt to address this I've joined a gym. A proper scary looking place in an industrial unit to do some strength training. Eep. I've had a couple of sessions with a pt but I can't afford to keep that up so I've got a plan and I'll see her again in a couple of months. I feel so daft, these great big grunty fellas sometimes don't rack their weights and I can hardly lift one off the machine, let alone do any work with several of them!

My plan is to up my fitness so I end up running to the gym and back. It's less than a five minute drive but uphill...

PT is expensive, and it can be a bit of a financial drain but its worth it if you can learn things from it that'll help you

I'm a Crossfit trainer so strength and conditioning is my speciality. My gym is under a railway archway so I know the type of gym you're at

Those kinds of gyms are scary at first, but once you've been a few times you'll start to feel more confident the more you're around it. The guys always seem more scary than they are, and they usually think they know more than they do ;) Don't let them put you off!

Are you still using the gym without a PT? Has she given you a workout plan to use when you're not with her?
What's your diet/job like?
X

I have cut out sugar and wheat for about six weeks now. Absolutely no weight loss at all. Not pleased.

With two guinea pigs to feed the house is groaning with veg and salad which has been surprisingly well received by us humans as well. Still no weight loss though.

Humph.

What's prompted you to cut out sugar and wheat? Is it purely weight loss based or is there a medical issue behind it?
X

Slimming world is fantastic because its not a diet, its a change of lifestyle to healthy eating. That is why weight watchers diet has changed to something very similar to slimming world.

PT is expensive, and it can be a bit of a financial drain but its worth it if you can learn things from it that'll help you

I'm a Crossfit trainer so strength and conditioning is my speciality. My gym is under a railway archway so I know the type of gym you're at

Those kinds of gyms are scary at first, but once you've been a few times you'll start to feel more confident the more you're around it. The guys always seem more scary than they are, and they usually think they know more than they do ;) Don't let them put you off!

Are you still using the gym without a PT? Has she given you a workout plan to use when you're not with her?
What's your diet/job like?
X
The blokes are hilarious. I can imagine them telling everyone they spent two hours working out, they just neglect to mention that an hour and a half of that is strutting about in front of the mirrors... They've been really friendly so far though which is nice.

She has put together an upper and a lower body plan for me to alternate. I aim to get there three times a week. I'll give it a couple of months and then see where I'm at by having another session with her. It's £25 an hour which is a lot when there is the gym fee on top so I just can't afford it.

Diet is non meat eating slimming world based. I do two 12 hour shifts a week, entirely on my feet. The rest of the time I'm probably too sedentary doing housewife type stuff so obviously I'll fit the gym into that. I like to knit, which is great at preventing too much nibbling but not so good for getting moving!

Slimming world is fantastic because its not a diet, its a change of lifestyle to healthy eating. That is why weight watchers diet has changed to something very similar to slimming world.

Yeah I think that's why it gets a good reputation. A properly balanced diet and moving around some more is usually what people need.
Although, I do have criticisms of the 'syns'. It's worked for a lot of people so I'm not going to be negative about it :P

Back