Chat Thread.

She's obsessed with boxes or anything she can climb into lol, she likes the guinea pig cage too (when they're not in it of course!)

Can't just have one glass of red wine, it's not possible. I am impressed I still have some left from last night, I'm happy to share :)

As long as you don't mix wine and spirits, made that mistake not long ago :vom: you'd think ny age 30 I'd know better

I have run out of wine! But am still making pancakes for the family on a production line ;)

Well i am fed up!
i lost Honor nearly 4 weeks ago and the day she died i contacted my local rescue and she said send my details and she will be in touch to arrange a home check. Since then not heard a word. I sent an email checking she had received my email and still no word. So a week later i sent a Facebook message and still no reply, even though the message was "received" as you can see when a message has been received on facebook. As i say its been nearly 4 weeks now and still no word.
Sweep is slowly getting more and more fed up and i have been trying to wait patiently so he can go to a rescue where he can pick his own friend. But i have given up- this week end i am going to the rspca and finding him a friend....it means me mixing them myself, but he is very fed up.
Now he has got a poorly chest. He has antibiotics and a diuretic and it should clear up soon as luckily its only the start of one, but me and the vet both suspect its where he is downs since loosing Honor.
Anyway once Sweep improves will go to the rpsca as the whole process takes a week before i can bring the piggie home to mix anyway. Either way i am just fed up with the whole thing, i knew Sweep would get stressed or ill on his own...he hates being on his own, but i decided to wait for the "right" rescue and had faith they would get back to me- i even sent a message last week explaining can i ahve a rough estimate how long it will be until the home check (very polite) but still no reply. I guess its my own fault...i should have listened to my gut and gone to the rspca straight away...i could literally cry. I hate that Sweep has a bad chest because i waited to do "the right thing"....

anyway rant over.... Gonna stuff myself with food :(

Ah balls, here I go again!
*stamps feet* hrumph!

Well done :) What's in a Tattie pot? I'm guessing potatoes and something? :)
I'm having a ploughman's sandwich for my dinner... yum :)

Tattie pot is a pound of good cubed steak, diced carrot and onion, half a link of black pudding cubed and 4 heaped tablespoons of gravy granules. Salt and pepper to season. Place the lot in a large casserole dish, half fill with water and cover with foil, middle shelf in the oven, gas mark 4 for 2 hours. Whilst that's cooking peel and thinly slice enough potatoes for a couple of layers. Take your dish out of the oven and give a good stir, add more gravy granules if needed. Then layer the potatoes across the entire dish, making sure there are a couple of layers, bed the potatoes down into the gravy, recover with foil and back in the oven for a further 3 hours, checking regular. After 2 hours, take the foil off and allow the top to crisp up. Serve with veg for a filling meal. The black pudding breaks down to make a really thick rich gravy that is fantastic. I'm hungry again now! :D

Well i am fed up!
i lost Honor nearly 4 weeks ago and the day she died i contacted my local rescue and she said send my details and she will be in touch to arrange a home check. Since then not heard a word. I sent an email checking she had received my email and still no word. So a week later i sent a Facebook message and still no reply, even though the message was "received" as you can see when a message has been received on facebook. As i say its been nearly 4 weeks now and still no word.
Sweep is slowly getting more and more fed up and i have been trying to wait patiently so he can go to a rescue where he can pick his own friend. But i have given up- this week end i am going to the rspca and finding him a friend....it means me mixing them myself, but he is very fed up.
Now he has got a poorly chest. He has antibiotics and a diuretic and it should clear up soon as luckily its only the start of one, but me and the vet both suspect its where he is downs since loosing Honor.
Anyway once Sweep improves will go to the rpsca as the whole process takes a week before i can bring the piggie home to mix anyway. Either way i am just fed up with the whole thing, i knew Sweep would get stressed or ill on his own...he hates being on his own, but i decided to wait for the "right" rescue and had faith they would get back to me- i even sent a message last week explaining can i ahve a rough estimate how long it will be until the home check (very polite) but still no reply. I guess its my own fault...i should have listened to my gut and gone to the rspca straight away...i could literally cry. I hate that Sweep has a bad chest because i waited to do "the right thing"....

I'm so sorry is has got to this stage . I think you're doing the right thing contacting the RSPCA.

Well i am fed up!

:( oh no! Here's to hoping sweep finding a buddy. Paws crossed! x
As for stuffing your belly, pancakes by any chance? :)

Back