Chat Thread.

Bursting for a pee today, miles from the nearest toilet, so I leave the motorway and find a deserted country lane, reverse into a farmer's gateway, open the door and hop out. Rule number one, always look before you leap. What I thought was firm ground was a 6 foot deep drainage ditch with long reed grass. I had to hold on to the driver's door for grim death and nearly put my back out trying to climb back up into the patrol car! XD

Bursting for a pee today, miles from the nearest toilet, so I leave the motorway and find a deserted country lane, reverse into a farmer's gateway, open the door and hop out. Rule number one, always look before you leap. What I thought was firm ground was a 6 foot deep drainage ditch with long reed grass. I had to hold on to the driver's door for grim death and nearly put my back out trying to climb back up into the patrol car! XD
Oops! So much for the wee. Did it desert you as you saved yourself?!

Just watched The Top Secret Drum Corps from Switzerland performing at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
They are brilliant.

Well worth watching - on BBC iPlayer or on YouTube

This has me thinking. With the movers coming on Friday, is it wrong of me not to insist on them wearing a mask? I'm sure they're supposed to but repeatedly walking up and down one or two flights of stairs and lifting heavy stuff in a mask can't be fun, nevermind the heat issues.

I'm lucky, in a way. I won't be seeing anyone over the Christmas/New Year period, anything like groceries (or tobacco) I can have delivered. If I need to isolate then I'm in a position to do so. It's not like I get regular visits anyway.
Felt this pain while a client insisted me working whole day long with the mask

Felt this pain while a client insisted me working whole day long with the mask

Ouch :( I didn't in the end. I caused them enough trouble, they were told I lived in a studio flat/apartment, and not that I managed to fit a house's worth of furniture in there too somehow.

Slightly random and definitely not guinea pig related but does anyone know what this brand I ors driving me mad I can't read the label properly 😅 😆20221210_145350.webp

Slightly random and definitely not guinea pig related but does anyone know what this brand I ors driving me mad I can't read the label properly 😅 😆
Just tried Google lens for you..... It appears that Aunty Google couldn't find it either!

It looks like it reads Banella to me, but that's all I could tell you.

To me the word looks like Biretta, with one of those backwards r's that some people use. But a biretta is a kind of hat worn by (Catholic) priests. And Beretta are a gun manufacturer, they sell clothing too but their logo's not like that at all.

To me the word looks like Biretta, with one of those backwards r's that some people use. But a biretta is a kind of hat worn by (Catholic) priests. And Beretta are a gun manufacturer, they sell clothing too but their logo's not like that at all.
I think it might be old beretta maybe!

Sad start to the day, just back from the vet, Bob my friend's cat who I've posted about before on here, was found during the night paralyzed from the middle of his back down. Rushed to vet who diagnosed an aortic blood clot. Nothing to be done to improve his way of life so the sad decision was made to let him go. He was 6 and a half. :(
IMG20230202081421.webp

Sad start to the day, just back from the vet, Bob my friend's cat who I've posted about before on here, was found during the night paralyzed from the middle of his back down. Rushed to vet who diagnosed an aortic blood clot. Nothing to be done to improve his way of life so the sad decision was made to let him go. He was 6 and a half. :(
View attachment 218972

I am so very sorry. :(

As it was, we spirited him away from a cat hoarder when he was 12 weeks old and gave him to our friend where he was treated like royalty. Nothing was too much for Bob, he had an expensive bed, ate the best foods and lived the life he could only dream of in his previous home. He was idolised by our friend, I spoke to him today, he is still heart broken, he's only just got over losing his Staffie Dylan 2 years ago to cancer. 😢

Back