Chat Thread.

If any of you are interested in what I get up to at work, next Monday night, 8pm Channel 5, there's a program on called the motorway. It's about the work we do at National Highways. A camera crew shadowed a number of our traffic officer patrols on the M1. 👍 (Unfortunately I'm not on it! XD )

I channelled my inner upcycler today. MrsHogg wanted a new wine rack for the kitchen, I found this one in a skip covered in emulsion paint. I dismantled it, rubbed the wood down with fine sandpaper and bought a spray tin of matt paint. Using white spirit and t-cut, I brought the metalwork back to life and put it all back together. I think I've done a pretty good job of it. 👍
IMG_20220508_173310_edit_2768881305226979.webp

Got home from late duty last night to be informed by MrsHogg that our poorly old cat Elijah is still out, he's been out 4 hours and no sign of him. Fearing the worst, I grabbed my torch to check all his usual sleeping haunts in the neighbours gardens, it's a regular occurrence, they know it's me and not a peeping Tom. No sign of him, so I'm a bit worried thinking he's cashed out in a place we don't know. So I'm stood at the top of our path looking up and down the street chh chhing him. Unbeknownst to me, the la'al fecker had come through next door but one's fence, round the back of next door's car and was sat between my feet looking up and down the street with me trying to see what I was looking at, like a scene from Hot Fuzz when Nick checks the cell and Danny is looking over his shoulder. This white git is going to be the death of me! XD

Back