Chat Thread.

Lol yes I heard mad fireworks start about 10pm, wondered at first if it was another spate of drug dealing teenagers shooting each other but apparently we won the football? Feel sorry for my daughter who lives the next street over from Anfield stadium trying to settle the baby! But good news for the footie fans :)

It's not 22 men, it's only 20 kicking it around a little field, 2 of them stand in front of 3 planks of wood trying to stop the other 20 from kicking the ball behind them. :raz:
That sounds even more pointless! Enlighten me as to the point of it all.

Don't ask me! I'm a scouser, I was brought up supporting the sport. ;)

It's not 22 men, it's only 20 kicking it around a little field, 2 of them stand in front of 3 planks of wood trying to stop the other 20 from kicking the ball behind them. :raz:
Just been playing football myself, with my 9 year old nephew who is a huge Liverpool fan! According to 9 year olds the version of the game involving 1 child and 2 middle aged relatives who hate sport has the following rules: 1) kick ball as hard as you can at the old people then laugh if you hit them, 2) show off fancy ball skills that end by booting the ball 30ft into the nettles then make old people fetch it, 3) mock old people for not being as good as Mo Salah, 4) sulk if old people score a goal because you slipped and fell on your ass on the wet grass that you insisted wasnt wet but really was :)

I never did like football but actually have a fear of footballs as I got hit in the head at school by one when I was 11 and it early knocked me out so when I'm walking and I see people playing football on a field etc I feel so anxious and try to not get near them.

I never did like football but actually have a fear of footballs as I got hit in the head at school by one when I was 11 and it early knocked me out so when I'm walking and I see people playing football on a field etc I feel so anxious and try to not get near them.
Me too, I was always the kid who got concussion (rounders) or broken fingers (netball) during sports involving projectiles, I used to duck and run and deliberately not get near the ball at all! I really hate anyone kicking or hitting any kind of ball towards me, but I feel obligated to be pelted with balls for an hour after being "homeschool" for the morning and making a dyslexic kid do reading and writing for me before he goes to his dyslexia tutoring :)

I really don't know how parents are managing homeschool every day, I'm just doing it on a friday for 1 kid and today was my second go!
I settled on starting the day with a cooked breakfast for bribery purposes, then an intensive 1 hour proper lesson with reading and writing, then a half hour break for playing with lego, then a hands-on educational activity for an hour and a half, then a pizza lunch reward (with healthy salad) watching an educational dvd, then an hour in the park doing sport, then sending the little chap off for an hour's private dyslexia tutoring :)

I really don't know how parents are managing homeschool every day, I'm just doing it on a friday for 1 kid and today was my second go!
I settled on starting the day with a cooked breakfast for bribery purposes, then an intensive 1 hour proper lesson with reading and writing, then a half hour break for playing with lego, then a hands-on educational activity for an hour and a half, then a pizza lunch reward (with healthy salad) watching an educational dvd, then an hour in the park doing sport, then sending the little chap off for an hour's private dyslexia tutoring :)
I’m managing because that’s how it has to be. It’s the kids I worry more about.

That sounds impressive

I’m managing because that’s how it has to be. It’s the kids I worry more about.
It must be very tough, my nephews are both still in school mostly as their Mum is a keyworker but apparently school arent teaching very much, as they say it would disadvantage those who are at home- and its all mixed age classes with supply teachers and no proper curriculum! So their Mum is having to get home from work then try and still do the homeschooling in the evenings and at weekends. The younger boy who is very good at reading is doing fine but his dyslexic big brother is struggling a bit academically and has a horrible bully in his class so he's coming to us so every friday he's coming to us for most of the day then going to a tutor for an hour so he can get the educational support he needs and get a break from the mean boy...

It must be very tough, my nephews are both still in school mostly as their Mum is a keyworker but apparently school arent teaching very much, as they say it would disadvantage those who are at home- and its all mixed age classes with supply teachers and no proper curriculum! So their Mum is having to get home from work then try and still do the homeschooling in the evenings and at weekends. The younger boy who is very good at reading is doing fine but his dyslexic big brother is struggling a bit academically and has a horrible bully in his class so he's coming to us so every friday he's coming to us for most of the day then going to a tutor for an hour so he can get the educational support he needs and get a break from the mean boy...
The bully needs to be dealt with. Are thy not able to offer. Him one-2-one support at the school even just an hour a day? Anyway probably not as the are spread thin as it is. Mum should try and do it at the weekend when she’s also more relaxed. I feel all will be disadvantaged whether at home or school. Difficult times.

PS I think my children are fairing okay in terms of work. The older two in particular. The youngest was due to do sats but 🤷🏾‍♀️ Hopefully we can help her cover the gaps. She’s the youngest in the class as well which has always been a worry for me.

The bully needs to be dealt with. Are thy not able to offer. Him one-2-one support at the school even just an hour a day? Anyway probably not as the are spread thin as it is. Mum should try and do it at the weekend when she’s also more relaxed. I feel all will be disadvantaged whether at home or school. Difficult times.

PS I think my children are fairing okay in terms of work. The older two in particular. The youngest was due to do sats but 🤷🏾‍♀️ Hopefully we can help her cover the gaps. She’s the youngest in the class as well which has always been a worry for me.
Its tricky as schools now only contain key workers kids and "vulnerable" children who either come from children's homes or who social workers think would be "at risk" if left at home. The bully must be one of the "vulnerable" kids from an "at risk" family with a history of violence or substance abuse or similar so he has to go to school... and if that's his home life I guess its not his fault he thinks bullying is a normal thing to do... but in a class of 10 kids who cant get away from each other at breaktimes and lunchtimes a bully is a much bigger deal than usual :(
Anyway glad your kids are mostly doing ok, I'm sure they will be, you're obviously doing a good job and continuing their education at home- I think many parents just havent bothered, the family across the road from us just sends all 5 kids out to play on the street from dawn til dusk every day!
Let's all hope everything can get back to normal schoolwise in September!

Is it just me or does everyone else’s guinea pigs look serious when you can’t see their mouth, and when you do see their mouth they look happy

Attachments

• 9AEDEFC7-9277-4109-A9EF-A9D71191B11F.webp
    9AEDEFC7-9277-4109-A9EF-A9D71191B11F.webp
    19 KB · Views: 5
  • 84D85FF3-9139-4671-9606-67679CF6A5A0.webp
    84D85FF3-9139-4671-9606-67679CF6A5A0.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 5
Back