Chat Thread.

So very sad. What turmoil she must have been in. Whatever the rights and wrongs of what had happened, I hate to think that she felt that was her only option. RIP x

Didn't know where to put this & didn't want to start a new thread for a quick question.

Does anyone ever get glasses from boots optician & have thinner lenses? I've been getting Nine West ones for last few years & had thinner lenses in but as my prescription is quite high they are still thick on the sides.

I'm going glasses searching tomorrow but have just found out that Specsavers have 3 levels of thinning and wondering if boots have something similar. I'm not fussed where get glassses from as long as I like them & feel comfortable but I'm intrigued now.

I’ve used both and I too have lens thinning. Lens thinning does not suit everyone’s eyes, but I’ve had the best results from Specsavers whereas Boots could not get it right. I have the highest thinning available (yes, I am blind as a bat 🦇) which I think is the ultra thinning. I had to take the last pair back, Specsavers were very helpful as sorted them within a week. With ultra thinning, you get the anti glare coating included. At the time, they were slightly cheaper than boots.

My glasses are from Boots but I’ve no experience with lens thinning. My eyesight is fine, but I’ve got astigmatism

Piggy daddy (who is blinder than bats with a minus 8 prescription in both eyes) has had thinner lenses from both Boots and Specsavers... but they still arent very thin at all as there are limits to thinning for extreme prescriptions! So last time he went to Asda opticians and got pretty much the same lenses as always but for cheaper :) I dont think any optician has an exclusive patent on super-thin lenses when it comes to the "blinder than a blind cave fish without any eyes" prescription strengths :)

I’ve used both and I too have lens thinning. Lens thinning does not suit everyone’s eyes, but I’ve had the best results from Specsavers whereas Boots could not get it right. I have the highest thinning available (yes, I am blind as a bat 🦇) which I think is the ultra thinning. I had to take the last pair back, Specsavers were very helpful as sorted them within a week. With ultra thinning, you get the anti glare coating included. At the time, they were slightly cheaper than boots.

My first pair were from specsavers & I didn't even know about lens thinning they just put these whack off lenses in. I was about 20 at the time and so self conscious at having to wear glasses constantly I stopped wearing them as people used to comment on them. The next time I needed glasses I went to boots as a woman in Specsavers supposedly helping me made me cry in the middle of the shop picking out glasses the complete opposite of what I wanted. She did this whilst talking loudly about my poor eyesight!

My glasses are from Boots but I’ve no experience with lens thinning. My eyesight is fine, but I’ve got astigmatism

Ditto with the astigmatism. I got all the luck with eyes ☹

Piggy daddy (who is blinder than bats with a minus 8 prescription in both eyes) has had thinner lenses from both Boots and Specsavers... but they still arent very thin at all as there are limits to thinning for extreme prescriptions! So last time he went to Asda opticians and got pretty much the same lenses as always but for cheaper :) I dont think any optician has an exclusive patent on super-thin lenses when it comes to the "blinder than a blind cave fish without any eyes" prescription strengths :)

Until I researched I used to think it was only me with dodgy eyes! I know there's only so much they can do with lens but until my optician said there are 3 lense thinning options at Specsavers I'd not thought of it. I assumed it was standard, thin or sunglasses / tinted.

Thanks guys, I will shop around see what deals are on and what I can find I like. I don't mind what they cost really, I'm going to be stuck with glasses for life so would like to feel comfortable in them & enjoy wearing them. Once I have them can hopefully start driving lessons so this is my motivator really.

I not quite as bad as your hub, but not far away with some added complications (about everything that can be irregular is irregular), so new tailor-made glasses are always a major expense.

I hated the large glasses of the 80ies (and won't certainly not opt for them again now) because they were so heavy and in my case, ever so thick at the outer rim!

I had the swab, when he did my throat, I nearly threw up over him and when he did my nose, I nearly sneezed all over him, no wonder they had a clear plastic face shield on! XD
Was it painful with the nose one?😣

All North West Ambulance Service staff and NHS staff are getting tested this week.

That’s a very quick turnaround! We were told days! Blood results were straight away though. I’m clean, so far... 🤭

I not long ago had some bad news, one reason why I’m tested. It goes to show how careful we are being yet how easy it spreads.

Back