Chat Thread.

Thanks, she's sitting behind me, one paw on my shoulder snoring away. Its amazing how a treat can distract them x

Reactions: A&T
Ooft, that doesn't look good. Poor thing! Has it only come up relatively quickly? Looks like it could be ear mites! Best thing is to comfort her, stop her scratching :(
I'm not long home so has come on during the day. She does scratch her face on the side of the c&c cage a lot. It's only one side tho which is weird. Are ear mites contagious, should I keep her away from the kitten? X

I'm not long home so has come on during the day. She does scratch her face on the side of the c&c cage a lot. It's only one side tho which is weird. Are ear mites contagious, should I keep her away from the kitten? X

Yes they are contagious, very actually, if tomorrow it turns out she does have mites, tell the vet you have a kitten, they will more than likely give you ear drops for the kitten too. You can actually get a warm wet cotton wool ball (not bud) and gently wipe the head/just inside the ear, sometimes you can see the mites on the cotton wool ball. Make sure you squeeze all the water out of the cotton wool too.

Do you have a dog? Ear mites occationally be spread from cat to dog too.

I tried with the cotton wool, couldn't see anything except a little bit of blood. Wish I'd got home earlier and noticed so she could have seen the vet today.
No dog but i shall try and keep chandler away from her, not that they cuddle up together. Will mention to the vet that I have chandler as well. Poor old lady just looks really fed up, she didn't eat all her dinner either so she's probably feeling crap.

I tried with the cotton wool, couldn't see anything except a little bit of blood. Wish I'd got home earlier and noticed so she could have seen the vet today.
No dog but i shall try and keep chandler away from her, not that they cuddle up together. Will mention to the vet that I have chandler as well. Poor old lady just looks really fed up, she didn't eat all her dinner either so she's probably feeling crap.

Blood, that's not good, maybe just do it a few more times give it a clean, you can clean the bits you can see like the outside surrounding areas within risk of damage. It could sooth it a little too, get rid of any itchy dry blood etc!

If she sleep in the same place it could be transferrable, then they'll need washing and stuff but don't bother until you find out for sure :)! It's good you got an appointment that early though!
Have you got any chicken? Or some tuna? I bet she'd happily tuck into some of those :)!

Blood, that's not good, maybe just do it a few more times give it a clean, you can clean the bits you can see like the outside surrounding areas within risk of damage. It could sooth it a little too, get rid of any itchy dry blood etc!

If she sleep in the same place it could be transferrable, then they'll need washing and stuff but don't bother until you find out for sure :)! It's good you got an appointment that early though!
Have you got any chicken? Or some tuna? I bet she'd happily tuck into some of those :)!
She's taken some chicken but won't let me clean it.
My vets are excellent, can't recommend them highly enough. They run clinics everyday of the week even bank holidays so I can just take her down as soon as they open.
Just on a side note b&m now sell encore and applaws cat food for 39p a piece, priced the exact same item in pets at home for £1.29! Almost bought the whole shelf today x

She's taken some chicken but won't let me clean it.
My vets are excellent, can't recommend them highly enough. They run clinics everyday of the week even bank holidays so I can just take her down as soon as they open.
Just on a side note b&m now sell encore and applaws cat food for 39p a piece, priced the exact same item in pets at home for £1.29! Almost bought the whole shelf today x

That's good she's taken some chicken! Chicken is always a good indicator on how your cat feels! None of my cats would ever turn down chicken! Haha. I wouldn't worry too much, just keep her close to you tonight so if she starts going mental at it you can comfort her :)
Your vets sound excellent, mine opens at 9 but only Monday - Saturday and they have a half day of Thursday or something. Vets amazing, just abit annoying with their opening hours!

Oh! Funny you should say that, a b&m literally just opened up by me! Didn't use to be one for milesssss! Now there's one just round the corner! I do like b&m! My cats love applaws! Sadly they mostly are on renal or senior :( but I do give them the cheeky bit of adult food now and then.

Vet wasn't sure what could be causing it so we are treating with surolan ear drops in case of mites and advocate in case of a flea allergy, even though we couldn't find a single flea. Better to be safe than sorry though. She's to go back in 5 days if its still bothering her. Thanks for all your advice. She seems much happier already :)

Just come home from work and discovered poor gismo has made another wound in her ear. Her fur was soaked in blood but the wound itself has stopped bleeding. The heat and swelling have reduced so I'm sure the eardrops are working if only she'd leave it alone to heal. I've just ordered a soft collar from amazon to try and see if that helps. Apart from cleaning with salt water and using the drops I'm not sure there's much else I can do :(

Just come home from work and discovered poor gismo has made another wound in her ear. Her fur was soaked in blood but the wound itself has stopped bleeding. The heat and swelling have reduced so I'm sure the eardrops are working if only she'd leave it alone to heal. I've just ordered a soft collar from amazon to try and see if that helps. Apart from cleaning with salt water and using the drops I'm not sure there's much else I can do :(

I wonder of your vet would provide you with one of those things that look like lampshades ?

I wonder of your vet would provide you with one of those things that look like lampshades ?
I ordered one off Amazon, only £3.50 and so much nicer than the vet ones, it's fabric rather than plastic. I just wish she would realise I'm trying to help her but cleaning and giving her ear drops, she keeps giving me the stink eye!

I ordered one off Amazon, only £3.50 and so much nicer than the vet ones, it's fabric rather than plastic. I just wish she would realise I'm trying to help her but cleaning and giving her ear drops, she keeps giving me the stink eye!
The dreaded stink eye !

I have a very heavy heart this evening, I said goodbye to Dougal :( xx

I have a very heavy heart this evening, I said goodbye to Dougal :( xx
Oh Tim I'm so sorry.... Dougal was such a special boy. So many piggies struggling or leaving us right now it's awful. Huge big hugs to you. x

The issue i have with lush is this.
I always spend more than i planned too...

I spent 48 £ yesterday in there
I got a 100 ml bottle of one of my favorite perfumes from lush and a bottle of shower jell which smells of grapefruit...yum yum.

I've never bought anything from Lush - what's the shower gel called Maddy?

The shower jell's called happy hippy
The perfume is called karma
My other perfume that i have from lush is called breath of god.
That one smells kind of smokey as its got ceder wood in it
The karma has a smell of its own
They also do a body lotion in that range too which is really good
I use a leave in conditioner from lush as well which smells of oranges as its got orange blossom flowers in it
Chock trys to lick my dreads when its in my hair because of the orange in it.
He loves orange...
You should pop in and have a look round
You'll come out with stuff that you never new you needed till you went in
It should have a money spending risk notice on the door of that place...

The shower jell's called happy hippy
The perfume is called karma
My other perfume that i have from lush is called breath of god.
That one smells kind of smokey as its got ceder wood in it
The karma has a smell of its own
They also do a body lotion in that range too which is really good
I use a leave in conditioner from lush as well which smells of oranges as its got orange blossom flowers in it
Chock trys to lick my dreads when its in my hair because of the orange in it.
He loves orange...
You should pop in and have a look round
You'll come out with stuff that you never new you needed till you went in
It should have a money spending risk notice on the door of that place...

I will ! I think I'd better start saving up !

Even though the stuff is expensive to buy at the time the products last for ages...

I use Lush body wash, foundation and perfume. The body wash Happy Hippie is so lovely! Smells amazing. Plus its all completely cruelty free! :)

Back