Chat Thread.

Well, I am going to be a proper Victor Meldrew all day now !

I've just been in a local shop. Quite a few customers got to the tills at the same time so, we all formed a communal queue. I was in a bit of a daydream and didn't notice another member of staff opening an extra till. A bloke behind me went straight up there! The staff member was very good, she made a point of making eye contact with me and actually asked me if it was OK if she served this "gentleman". My body language stated "life's too short ".

This bloke must have been aware of the situation and didn't bat an eyelid ! Things would have been so different if he'd have turned round and maybe said something like " sorry - I didn't realise ".

I stopped in the shop after I'd been served . The staff member went back to filling shelves again so I went and thanked her for noticing me . I told her I was dumbfounded how rude people are nowadays. She agreed ! I then noticed this bloke was still in the shop too ! I hope he heard everything.

Dead Frog In My Hay!

This thread reminded me of something my Mum told me she did when i was a toddler .

Apparently , she was giving me a Weetabix for my breakfast . She poured the milk into the bowl and, as the weetabix was soaking up the milk , she noticed a squashed dead spider in the weetabix. The milk hadn't reached this part of the weetabix so, she snapped it off , fed me the soggy stuff and then posted the bit with the squashed spider in back to Weetabix for a refund !

Well , at least I'm still here to tell the tale !

Dead Frog In My Hay!

This thread reminded me of something my Mum told me she did when i was a toddler .

Apparently , she was giving me a Weetabix for my breakfast . She poured the milk into the bowl and, as the weetabix was soaking up the milk , she noticed a squashed dead spider in the weetabix. The milk hadn't reached this part of the weetabix so, she snapped it off , fed me the soggy stuff and then posted the bit with the squashed spider in back to Weetabix for a refund !

:yikes::hmm:Suppose it was extra protein though. Lol. XD

When I was little I found a live maggot type thing in my cornflakes. I just fished it out and carried on! :)

Dead Frog In My Hay!

:vom::vom::vom::vom::vom::vom:

I was going to have weetabix for breakfast :td:

Having a late lunch, consisting of crisps, olives, chorizo slices and smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, all washed down with peppermint tea. Best bit? Completely vegan! ^_^ Nom.

I found a maggot INSIDE a pistachio nut once.... Put me off for life! And there was only half left....:vom:....did I eat the other half?!?!

Had a smashing JP from the deli for lunch at work last week. Smothered in beans. Just getting started on it then the beans parted and through the sauce I could see some sort of worm/maggot that had burrowed into the potato. Lunch over. What a waste :ban:

Had a smashing JP from the deli for lunch at work last week. Smothered in beans. Just getting started on it then the beans parted and through the sauce I could see some sort of worm/maggot that had burrowed into the potato. Lunch over. What a waste :ban:

Ewwwww! The worm was still inside the potato?!?
This is where a 'dislike' button would come in handy :))

Just think of it as a string of spaghetti with protein :vom:
:))

Back