Chat Thread.

Compromise reached I think ;-) I spent yesterday (in the dark) re-arranging the shed, Pumpkin and Boo are going to live inside which gives D'Hoffryn and Lorne, and Jack Skellington and Hector Plasm more room in the shed and also gives me the space to get more covers and weather proofing on their cages. Currently Pumpkin and Boo are in a Cavy 80 inside with grids attached to make a run, their 2 x 4 is dismantled in the shed but I will bring it back inside. I just gave up last night as the rain and wind was battering down on me and things were nearly blowing away! I'm surprised the trampoline is still in the garden and not in our neighbours. Messing around with grids and cable ties in a howling gale is not fun.

On a bad note, my rabbit refused to come in last night and I could not catch her, this has never happened before! She stayed out all night (I was worried ) and was still there this morning but I'm very much hoping to catch her after work today. I have a big garden with lots of borders and lots of places to hide :( She has always come up to me and let me pick her up before when I called "Bed Time Katie!" I think the wind spooked her :( I wont make that mistake again.
She also looked like a drowned rat this morning, as she is a lionhead and was soaking wet :( But she still wouldn't come to me.

Good evening! Probably techinally morning..

Hope everyone is doing okay!
Ive had busy week! New sofas coming tomorrow, so on Tuesday me and OJ cleared the front room of the two sofas that were in there! (Bad idea, I hurt everywhere now) had to take a hammer to the biggest one too..couldn't get it out the door, God knows how it went in! Anyway, had to do it Tuesday as hes back at work now! So me and mum have been sofaless for two nights...at first it seemed fun...that soon wore off, I will never take my sofas for granted again! Good grief... What I wouldn't give for a nice sit down on a comfy sofa right now.... :eek:!
Anyway, sofas coming tomorrow! Thank God..can't go another night! Also tomorrow, scaffolding going up! Errrghhh! Having our roof done, it won't last another winter it's so bad, so getting the roof done in the next couple of weeks, but scaffolding going up tomorrow! Not only those two things happening but also..I'm going to a gig in the evening! So my friend is coming over too at some point during the day! Probably pretty good timing, I need someone to keep me sain! And she always makes me laugh so yeah! Thank God!

Don't know about anyone else but..I hate change, and especially building work change.. Anyone had there roof done? Was it noisy? I had loud noises to! Ergh! I'm so on edge. Sorry needed a rant! On the plus side of all that....new sofas! Recliner and orthopaedics ones too!

Good evening! Probably techinally morning..

Hope everyone is doing okay!
Ive had busy week! New sofas coming tomorrow, so on Tuesday me and OJ cleared the front room of the two sofas that were in there! (Bad idea, I hurt everywhere now) had to take a hammer to the biggest one too..couldn't get it out the door, God knows how it went in! Anyway, had to do it Tuesday as hes back at work now! So me and mum have been sofaless for two nights...at first it seemed fun...that soon wore off, I will never take my sofas for granted again! Good grief... What I wouldn't give for a nice sit down on a comfy sofa right now.... :eek:!
Anyway, sofas coming tomorrow! Thank God..can't go another night! Also tomorrow, scaffolding going up! Errrghhh! Having our roof done, it won't last another winter it's so bad, so getting the roof done in the next couple of weeks, but scaffolding going up tomorrow! Not only those two things happening but also..I'm going to a gig in the evening! So my friend is coming over too at some point during the day! Probably pretty good timing, I need someone to keep me sain! And she always makes me laugh so yeah! Thank God!

Don't know about anyone else but..I hate change, and especially building work change.. Anyone had there roof done? Was it noisy? I had loud noises to! Ergh! I'm so on edge. Sorry needed a rant! On the plus side of all that....new sofas! Recliner and orthopaedics ones too!

Hi @A&T ! I never even knew this thread existed! Just wanted to say i am also 23 and have RA- so i can relate on that front! Bad days are horrendous, the pain makes me so grumpy!

But we must soldier on- even if its with a hobble!

Reactions: A&T
Hi @A&T ! I never even knew this thread existed! Just wanted to say i am also 23 and have RA- so i can relate on that front! Bad days are horrendous, the pain makes me so grumpy!

But we must soldier on- even if its with a hobble!

Oh God, its such a relief! Most people are older then me (us) so sometimes it's harder from them to related. The support from the people on here has been amazing though!
I find that friends our age have a hard time understandings why you can't necessarily do the things they do and go places they go, I don't know if you've experienced that. Thankfully most of my friends (which is a small number) understand to a certain extent but I still find it hard to say no and explain why I can't or that I'm having a bad day etc!
Your right though! My pain makes me so grumpy! And then if I'm hungry too! I must be hell to live with!

Your right! At least I know I'm not alone! :)

Hi all. I'm not old but I have medical problems so I sometimes feel old.

Feeling a bit sad. We had a family wedding yesterday which was wonderful and it was lovely to see everyone who live far away. Was tinged with sadness though. It was my aunt getting married, she is younger than me as my Grandad remarried after my nan died when I was 2. Anyway, her mum (my stepnan) was always a very forceful woman when I was growing up and over the last few years she has developed very advanced dementia, so much so that she actually has no idea who anyone is. She was able to be at the wedding which was wonderful but I think we were all shocked to see how advanced it has become. There are some lovely photos of her and her daughter but I don't think she actually realised who was getting married or that she was even at a wedding :(

its a horrible disease. My dad had it for three years and it broke my heart. Got to the point that he actually said I wasn't his daughter and he wouldn't want me to be

I wanted to show my boyfriend my previous guinea pigs (he met the immediate predecessors) so dad has dug out a load of old photos of most of them and sent them to me. Just missing my first pair and one from the second pair of guinea pigs now. Aww, it's both wonderful and sad looking back at the photos. I'd kind of forgotten just how much I loved them all, if that makes any sense? But just seeing their photos I'm reminded of their personalities and the little things they used to do. I miss them.

hi, I'm fine and dandy. Need sleep cos last week been strange, been a real whirlwind and loads of conflicting emotions.Gonna catch up today.

@madguinealady It's rubbish - lack of sleep isn't it. Thing is when you are missing out on it, it makes the real world a lot harder to deal with on a day to day basis. I'm rubbish without sleep...I'll exhaust myself and end up doing lots of snoozes during the course of a weekend. I feel for you. Hope your getting in some zzz's now.

have slept ,most of the day. Still be able to sleep tonight cos tired again. Finding me again finally so more relaxed. Has only took forty eigth years

My boyfriend and I have made the decision to be more ethical with our eating. That is, we've cut out dairy completely (I'm lactose intolerant, so not really that big a deal for me as I'd mostly switched over to dairy alternatives already), we're only buying eggs from people who own chickens, cutting down on our meat consumption and only eating meat we've sourced from truly free range farms instead of buying anything from the supermarkets.

Anyway, we bought a huge bulk of meat to tide us over for the next few months, all from one farm. It arrived the morning and bloody hell. It was such an obscene amount of meat, haha! (Not really that much; less that we'd normally eat in a couple of months but I don't normally see that much food it one go!)

It looks tasty though. ^_^

My boyfriend and I have made the decision to be more ethical with our eating. That is, we've cut out dairy completely (I'm lactose intolerant, so not really that big a deal for me as I'd mostly switched over to dairy alternatives already), we're only buying eggs from people who own chickens, cutting down on our meat consumption and only eating meat we've sourced from truly free range farms instead of buying anything from the supermarkets.

Anyway, we bought a huge bulk of meat to tide us over for the next few months, all from one farm. It arrived the morning and bloody hell. It was such an obscene amount of meat, haha! (Not really that much; less that we'd normally eat in a couple of months but I don't normally see that much food it one go!)

It looks tasty though. ^_^

Good for you! I myself am very picky about the animal products I consume.

We had a lovely time tonight out ice skating, and my daughter was so excited as Anna, Elsa and Olaf were on the ice too. However when we got home we found D'Hoffryn dead in his cage with Lorne lying down next to him. We are all very very sad. I didn't know he was ill, he was only 3 :( he seemed his normal self. Lorne is very very sad too :(

Thanks. I'm still bewildered and worried that it was something I did, or missed :(

How are you feeling now @helen105281 is the doxycycline making you feel grim?

A bit up and down, am uncomfortable stomach wise and keep getting headaches and nausea too but I was told it would flare the symptoms (even those I haven't had before it looks like).

Great Christmas day.Everyone got on well.Boxing day mad due to boyfriends dad being a total uncaring pig and boyfriend losing his temper with him but sorted now

Back