Chat Thread.

Jeez....what happened to your knees @Bekki? Was it some horrible roller Derby accident?

Hmmm. Just been out to my Guinea pigs shed and I'm wondering if its time to bring everyone in for winter yet! It does not feel very nice out there and definitely autumnal. Added to which I really miss the piggies when they are outdoors. I mean, its OK when they are on the grass most days but I miss my little evening buddies running round the living room (though not all the sweeping and cleaning afterwards).

Jeez....what happened to your knees @Bekki? Was it some horrible roller Derby accident?

Hmmm. Just been out to my Guinea pigs shed and I'm wondering if its time to bring everyone in for winter yet! It does not feel very nice out there and definitely autumnal. Added to which I really miss the piggies when they are outdoors. I mean, its OK when they are on the grass most days but I miss my little evening buddies running round the living room (though not all the sweeping and cleaning afterwards).
Psoriatic arthritis :) no derby related incident currently not allowed to play until my joints start behaving again x

My great aunt had a fall earlier and mum and step dad are up with her at the mome. Am waiting up for an update. She sounds okay...but struggling to get out of bed to go to the toilet...she's not very mobile and a large woman so I hope she's okay... X

View attachment 35128 View attachment 35128 so this is what me being 38 looks like then.....feeling old!

You look wonderful! I love your dress! And hair! :D

My great aunt had a fall earlier and mum and step dad are up with her at the mome. Am waiting up for an update. She sounds okay...but struggling to get out of bed to go to the toilet...she's not very mobile and a large woman so I hope she's okay... X

Oh no :( I hope she's okay, and I hope your okay too, you've had a lot of stress and worry recently! *hugs*

Thanks, she is sore and bruised on her hips- but nothing broken at least. My step dad is visiting her again at the moment so hopefully will have another update then. She was supposed to have the doctor visit today- so hopefully he showed up and has made her a bit more comfortable. x

Thanks, she is sore and bruised on her hips- but nothing broken at least. My step dad is visiting her again at the moment so hopefully will have another update then. She was supposed to have the doctor visit today- so hopefully he showed up and has made her a bit more comfortable. x

Well that's a good thing atleast that nothing is broken! Although bruises can be really painful! I hope the doctor has been in and made her a bit comfortable untill the bruising and stuff can go down!

Poor @jenniferanneharris your relations are causing lots of worry for you at the moment.

Well, today has been my first day back at work after 6 months off sick, its also been my step grand funeral and David has been away on a residential conference.....not the best day to start back.

Went to the doctors for my bloods, they have to be taken 2 weekly and I booked loads in advance 2 weeks apart. Receptionist had made a mistake so instead of the 2nd sep shed booked 26 Aug so they said I was a week late ... err nope. Thankfully they squeezed me in.

That sounds like a hassle @Bekki When did you develop arthritis?
Do you have piggies still?
Officially psoriatic arthritus summer 2015 (suspected rheumatoid for 3 years prior) but I've been pretty bad with chronic fatigue and badly swollen joints this year so fought the docs and even took my mum with me, had a few flare ups over the last few years but due to my age the doctors were quite dismissive knees have been sore for 10 years :) I do have guinea pigs still. The zoo is declining but if I'm this zombied it's probably a good thing x pretty much why I've not been around here battling to manage derby and work and not much else bit not even allowed the derby now until I'm under control.

I'm really sorry to hear you have been so unwell. It's horrible, and the pain you are in must be awful. You are so young too. I hope that the arthritis is under control soon and that you recover from chronic fatigue :(

Poor @jenniferanneharris your relations are causing lots of worry for you at the moment.

Well, today has been my first day back at work after 6 months off sick, its also been my step grand funeral and David has been away on a residential conference.....not the best day to start back.
Oh bless you hun, not a good day. I hope work isn't too tiring after 6 months off, take it easy and well done x

Went to the doctors for my bloods, they have to be taken 2 weekly and I booked loads in advance 2 weeks apart. Receptionist had made a mistake so instead of the 2nd sep shed booked 26 Aug so they said I was a week late ... err nope. Thankfully they squeezed me in.
How annoying- bless you. Glad they squeezed you in though x

I have to go for blood tests Monday, one a fasting diabetes check cos feeling bad.Pain and fatigue getting worse so they want to check wether it us fibromyalgia getting worse or new problems.

I am getting nervous now. On Saturday i am popping over to a lady who takes in unwanted bunnies and seeing if she has anyone Castiel the bunny likes.... The nearer it gets the more nervous i am. I am worried i will screw up the bonding (as they don't do actual bonding).
Any one with any bunny bonding tips? I have not bonded rabbits in years and then i was fearless- and it always worked. Now i am so nervous when it comes to bonding and am getting so many mixed signals on how to bond- any one got any advice/ tips?

Thanks

I've done a few bonds, very nerve wracking. I just went with the if they aren't trying to kill each other dont split them method after having let them get used to living side by side but there's so many ways to do these things and it varies on the bunnies so much too.

Thanks Bekki. No one on the bunny foum answered me so that's why I thought I would ask here.

How is everyone this morning? X x

Hi Jenny

Hope Saturday goes okay... How are the piggies doing? x
Thanks Lee. I am nervous but excited....am preparing for the worse but hoping for the best. Wish I was 18 and fearless again lol ...sometimes too much knowledge is dangerous I think :-p

The piggies are great. Nala is getting bigger all the time...and sweep is still my cuddle monster who is always up at the bars for cuddles. Nala is cage nervous -but always up at the bars for treats -she loves her food. :-p

How are your piggies? Hope you and Rach are well also :-) x x

Don't we all.... When you are younger you have no fear. Let us know how he gets on. I am sure you will be fine, you are experienced and know him inside out.

Sweep is such a softie isn't he. Nala sounds like Vimto :)) she doesn't like petting in the cage but always at the bars just in case something turns into food

We are both good thanks. The girls are all doing well... They need a clean however and are a little smelly this week! :)) Clean day tomorrow...... I hate cleaning out but it is nice to see them popcorn around in their run :)

Keep us updated on tomorrow x

Don't we all.... When you are younger you have no fear. Let us know how he gets on. I am sure you will be fine, you are experienced and know him inside out.

Sweep is such a softie isn't he. Nala sounds like Vimto :)) she doesn't like petting in the cage but always at the bars just in case something turns into food

We are both good thanks. The girls are all doing well... They need a clean however and are a little smelly this week! :)) Clean day tomorrow...... I hate cleaning out but it is nice to see them popcorn around in their run :)

Keep us updated on tomorrow x
Aw bless....i must be sad because i love cleaning out the animals haha. As you say its fab seeing them popcorn and run about like a loon after :-).
Will do Lee....am sure I will be on the forum loads tomorrow ...on tenterhooks. :-p will also upload some pics of the buns I'm sure :-)

Back