Chat Thread.

Those piggies are gorgeous, Tim!
Thankyou, it's hard not to fall in love with them and especially when I have plenty of space for more. I was trying to think of reasons why not to take them in, there were none. I need to get there first and see them but will post pics when the time is right :)
*popcorn* *popcorn*
:D xx

Morning everyone :)

Well, it looks like I've just adopted a couple of boys, I shall be going to see them tomorrow :D
Although I'm not sure about the names. Whenever I think of Chip and Dale, I think of semi clad blokes covered in fake tan strutting their stuff on stage :doh:
:))
Congrats @Tim! Can't wait to see the pigtures!

I've just been offered two more boars that need rehoming! 12 months old. They are moving home and can't take them! My lord I end up with some waifs and strays! AAhhhhhh!

4am.... The only time I have got up that early is to my son when he was a baby and when I wanted to get bargains at the Next sale lol !

Ok that's good to know. Might just keep an eye on her for s few days then. She been very chatty too but hard to tell if it's a pain chatty or she's just talking to herself. I'm amazed it oxidised so quickly, that was a clean white towel this evening. She is weeing, I just wanted to check if that coloured wee was definetly coming from her and not Harry. It's so hard to tell when there's 2.
Thanks for the replies. Xx

A guinea pig can have quantities of blood in the urine without it showing, but it can also have very red pees that test free of blood. I have been there with piggies of my own! It is especially difficult in the very early stages of an UTI when not every pee actually contains blood and your vet may not be able to diagnose it reliably yet.

Right now, I would keep an eye on your pig and see whether there are further developments over the next few days, like pain when peeing/pooping, increased very strong and stale smelling urination (you can't miss that very distinctive smell) or visible blood in the urine. See a vet if and when necessary, but please do not panic and try not to hover over your piggy all the time. ;)

Morning (just) everyone. Was watching Lloyd this morning and she's been chewing on this toy I got from p&h ages ago and recently popped in their cage. I think when she's been chewing it some of the dye has come off and has discoloured her wee. image.webp It's now banished.
Also got told my step dads getting out of hospital today, he had a blood clot in his lung, and their going to use him as a human guinea pig with some new clot busting medicine :)

Morning (just) everyone. Was watching Lloyd this morning and she's been chewing on this toy I got from p&h ages ago and recently popped in their cage. I think when she's been chewing it some of the dye has come off and has discoloured her wee. View attachment 32178 It's now banished.
Also got told my step dads getting out of hospital today, he had a blood clot in his lung, and their going to use him as a human guinea pig with some new clot busting medicine :)
I have some of the uncoloured version of this chew toy.

I'm glad your step dad is coming home

Back