Chat Thread.

Aww thank you Jenny. I felt so sorry for the lady, she was struggling to cope. The pigs are well loved and it's more an ignorance thing than anything. She was happy I could give them a good home but honest enough to say they had been in with the male so there was a good chance they are pregnant. What will be will be they will be looked after either way :)

wow @Flutterby .. you have been busy ! You are so good taking them in... we had a discussion today about Pippin, I always joke about Pippin being pregnant cos she has a fat belly lol.... then the oh says we would have to sell the babies... I was like NOOOOOOOO can't sell babies lol !

Wow @Flutterby, you don't do things by halves do you?!
Are you up to full capacity yet? My limit is definitely 6!
Congratulations on the new arrivals!

I know someone who has over 40 piggies and is struggling to cope. They are all clean and cared for but in stacked cavy 80s, floor to ceiling virtually. She's just taken too many in. I don't know what to say to her......but I can see she's struggling. I don't want to be a bossy boots or interfere and upset her though?

I know someone who has over 40 piggies and is struggling to cope. They are all clean and cared for but in stacked cavy 80s, floor to ceiling virtually. She's just taken too many in. I don't know what to say to her......but I can see she's struggling. I don't want to be a bossy boots or interfere and upset her though?
wow... 40 piggies.... could you offer her some help maybe ? xx

wow... 40 piggies.... could you offer her some help maybe ? xx

Well, before I got ill I had been over to help but currently I have my family and friends looking after my own animals for me as I am still recovering from pneumonia :-( I am considering rehoming one of my pairs of piggies and possibly my rabbit if my health does not improve soon. I'm going to go down to half pay soon as I have been off work for ages and its going to be tough financially as well as not being fair on my friends and family to impose on them.

Sorry, just feeling mopey and sad tonight :-(

Well, before I got ill I had been over to help but currently I have my family and friends looking after my own animals for me as I am still recovering from pneumonia :-( I am considering rehoming one of my pairs of piggies and possibly my rabbit if my health does not improve soon. I'm going to go down to half pay soon as I have been off work for ages and its going to be tough financially as well as not being fair on my friends and family to impose on them.

Sorry, just feeling mopey and sad tonight :-(
Awww sorry to hear of your ill health... That must be hard.. I really hope your health improves soon and you feel a bit better x

Thanks xx I had another chest xray on Thursday so hopefully that will give me an idea of what's going on, though I think it's just that pneumonia takes a while to get over.

On another topic, I'm lying on the sofa surrounded by dust sheets watching my husband paint the living room dark purple.....it seemed like a good idea when we bought the paint but now it's very......purple!

Thanks xx I had another chest xray on Thursday so hopefully that will give me an idea of what's going on, though I think it's just that pneumonia takes a while to get over.

On another topic, I'm lying on the sofa surrounded by dust sheets watching my husband paint the living room dark purple.....it seemed like a good idea when we bought the paint but now it's very......purple!

Hope you'll recover soon :hug:
And it's NEVER very purple! (I have my hair purple, my room purple, the back of my phone is purple..) XD

sorry to here about your struggles Goth Mummy.As you know I have had to rehome six of my piggies due to financial and medical reasons and had to rehome twelve rabbits few years ago. Its horrible having to do it. Just pleased I get to see and hear about the last two I rehomed.Fingers crossed things start looking up. Huge hugs

Morning everyone!

Hahah, I try my best to do things by half but you are right, never end up doing! Full, what's this 'full' you speak of? :P :P Every time I end up with more I say 'no, that's it, i'm full' but then I end up with more. This time though yes, I truly am (honest... :whistle:), especially if we are possibly expecting two litters of babies!

You were so brave @madguinealady
Even though we think we are financially secure etc you never know whats round the corner, I could never have expected being off sick from work since March :-( fortunately I do have savings and a vet fund, but if it turns in to very long term absence from work, my savings would run out eventually.

Thanks, I'm not bad thanks.. Cas is doing great. Hes all healed up nicely and back to his normal self :). The animals are a good distraction from everything with my grandma thankfully..

Hope you're all well x

That's brill that he's recovered so nicely :) I am ok thank you!
That's good :-)
Hopefully in a few weeks his new 8ftx6ft run will arrive. (its custom built and coming in aprox 3wks. Then we can contact my local rescue and get him mixed with a spay lady bunny :-). They will be outdoors in spring-autumn and inside for harsh weather(winter). He will love hopping about outside with a friend in the nice weather. Getting him some new toys especially for in the run (tunnels and play things) and got some small toys that are boxed up for inside his hutch.
Will be nervous having him outside....but know he will love the space and love having a friend.

Back