Chat Thread.

Oh my god yes! When you look all dry and horrible, I get it in between my eyebrows and on my cheeks, worse thing ever. How do you tackle it?! You wear liquid foundation so how do you stop it from going all dry and crusty, and flakey?!

I get it in the exact same places!

The power of clinique! I use their 3 step system for dry skin. It has been the best thing ever! The bottles are quite expensive, but they last ages, and my skin loves it :)

I get it in the exact same places!

The power of clinique! I use their 3 step system for dry skin. It has been the best thing ever! The bottles are quite expensive, but they last ages, and my skin loves it :)

Good god! Your like.. Officially a god! I'm going to try that! I've tried so many products and just nothing seems to work! I've been worried about buying expensive ones in case they don't work and I've wasted my money! I've actually been looking at clinique! Right I'm trying this!
And it gets rid of your flakey skin?! And when you use foundation it doesn't look horrible?!

Do you get it online or from like boots or one of those places?!

Good god! Your like.. Officially a god! I'm going to try that! I've tried so many products and just nothing seems to work! I've been worried about buying expensive ones in case they don't work and I've wasted my money! I've actually been looking at clinique! Right I'm trying this!
And it gets rid of your flakey skin?! And when you use foundation it doesn't look horrible?!

Do you get it online or from like boots or one of those places?!

Haha! :P

Yep! It makes my skin feel so smooth and nice. I began to notice a different within a week! They also do a little serum that you can use for when some dry patches are really stubborn. I got a little pot of it in a travel pack I got for christmas. I've only used it once because the normal 3 step thing has helped loads.

I get mine from Boots :) Just tell them you want to try the 3 step for dry skin. They started me off with a little travel kit sized with all 3 in for £20. That way you're not spending loads on the big bottles if your skin doesn't agree with it. Fingers crossed you'll like it! Its the only thing my skin likes. If I use anything else I can really tell, my skin goes back to being so dry!

Haha! :P

Yep! It makes my skin feel so smooth and nice. I began to notice a different within a week! They also do a little serum that you can use for when some dry patches are really stubborn. I got a little pot of it in a travel pack I got for christmas. I've only used it once because the normal 3 step thing has helped loads.

I get mine from Boots :) Just tell them you want to try the 3 step for dry skin. They started me off with a little travel kit sized with all 3 in for £20. That way you're not spending loads on the big bottles if your skin doesn't agree with it. Fingers crossed you'll like it! Its the only thing my skin likes. If I use anything else I can really tell, my skin goes back to being so dry!

Eeeeek! I'm gunna order that travel one, I just saw that on boots actually haha. There's two though, is it type one or type two?! Gunna order me some!
I've just read loads od reviews that say its really good too, so hopefully! With your help! I've found something that will actually work on my dry skin too! I was gunna try that clinique foundation for dry patchy skin but a lot of people say it's really like.. Tacky?! Have you ever tried it?

Thank you soooooo much too :D! Literally I get so depressed putting on makeup, I end up taking it off a few times before I end up like fine I won't put makeup on that bit of skin hahaha then I look like a derp.

Eeeeek! I'm gunna order that travel one, I just saw that on boots actually haha. There's two though, is it type one or type two?! Gunna order me some!
I've just read loads od reviews that say its really good too, so hopefully! With your help! I've found something that will actually work on my dry skin too! I was gunna try that clinique foundation for dry patchy skin but a lot of people say it's really like.. Tacky?! Have you ever tried it?

Thank you soooooo much too :D! Literally I get so depressed putting on makeup, I end up taking it off a few times before I end up like fine I won't put makeup on that bit of skin hahaha then I look like a derp.

Type One is for really dry skin so I use that one :)

I really hope it works for you! I went through exactly the same thing. I would take off my foundation and get so fed up that my skin always looked rough :(
I haven't tried that foundation. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear Light foundation :) It doesn't seem to clump, and is nice and smooth :)

Reactions: A&T
Type One is for really dry skin so I use that one :)

I really hope it works for you! I went through exactly the same thing. I would take off my foundation and get so fed up that my skin always looked rough :(
I haven't tried that foundation. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear Light foundation :) It doesn't seem to clump, and is nice and smooth :)

Thank you :D I thought it was type one but wasn't 100% sure!
Well to be honest for £20 even if it doesn't work at least I tried it! It sounds like we have pretty similar skin types though so I'm pretty hopeful!
Maybe I'll see if I can get a small bottle of it to try. Ohh estee lauder never thought of trying that actually, I get a lot of stuff from feel unique! Its cheaper I find than department stores they do a lot of small tester things too!

Thank you :D I thought it was type one but wasn't 100% sure!
Well to be honest for £20 even if it doesn't work at least I tried it! It sounds like we have pretty similar skin types though so I'm pretty hopeful!
Maybe I'll see if I can get a small bottle of it to try. Ohh estee lauder never thought of trying that actually, I get a lot of stuff from feel unique! Its cheaper I find than department stores they do a lot of small tester things too!

True! :D

I'll have to take a look on there. Yeah I love the estee lauder :) One tube of it has lasted me about 5 months.

@A&T
I've got really flakey, and dry skin. Which I struggle to find the right sort of foundation. Firstly, never use a matt finish! As this highlights the flakes, and takes away any oils! :mal::P
I use this foundation, as it is hydrating, I also have sensitive skin, but I haven't found this foundation a problem.
http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Lasting-Finish-Nude-Foundation_1525350/

When I apply it, I use Olay sensitive skin moisturiser, especially on the T part of your face, as around my nose is flakiest.
Then I dot the foundation on with a triangle makeup sponge, as using a foundation brush irritated the flakes, and causes them to flake out even more.

I do not put on powder foundation after the liquid foundation. I found this to dry through the liquid.
I hope that has helped.

I wish I could use that mousse @Flutterby ! All my friends that use it, it makes their skin look so nice!

My skin just hates it though :(

I'm lucky in that it doesn't bother my skin, well no more than anything else. I don't wear makeup often to be fair.

But won't your foundation look really wet and tacky. I can't not use powder though, I use to put a layer of foundation then a layer of powder! I find it keeps it all on then and all in place :)

I use to use dream matt mouse actually but it breaks me out!

But won't your foundation look really wet and tacky. I can't not use powder though, I use to put a layer of foundation then a layer of powder! I find it keeps it all on then and all in place :)

I use to use dream matt mouse actually but it breaks me out!
I haven't found it looks wet or tacky. But I don't pile it on like cement, which some people do! Haha

Reactions: A&T
I don't use powder, Cat. Just the mouse.

Does some parts of your face get oily with it though? My chin and side of my nose gets really oily when I have actual foundation on but there about the only parts of my face that do get oily.

I haven't found it looks wet or tacky. But I don't pile it on like cement, which some people do! Haha

I've never used just foundation on its own to be perfectly honest, I always think it makes my face shiny if I don't use powder. I like it to look matt and.. Normal.

I don't wear foundation very often, but when I do I always put powder over the top, otherwise I feel too shiny!
I'm using a mascara from Lush at the minute which I'm liking :)

Back