Chat Thread.

Noooo :( bad in what way? :hug:

My backdoor broke. Its been dodgy for ages. But OH went to lock it and he felt it go. Couldn't lock it but couldn't open it either. Anyway got a locksmith to open it which was £65 and then had to have a whole new locking system, it all cost around £350 odd squid! £350 squid we barely have. So yano.. That was great.
And I have a holiday to pay for this month. So yh, been crappy :( an expense we didnt need just to fix the backdoor! Rediclous!

My backdoor broke. Its been dodgy for ages. But OH went to lock it and he felt it go. Couldn't lock it but couldn't open it either. Anyway got a locksmith to open it which was £65 and then had to have a whole new locking system, it all cost around £350 odd squid! £350 squid we barely have. So yano.. That was great.
And I have a holiday to pay for this month. So yh, been crappy :( an expense we didnt need just to fix the backdoor! Rediclous!

OH NO! Sorry to hear this . I hope you have enough money to pay for your holiday too .

I know, I don't even think I was wripped of though like others there starting price was 150 so can you imagine what that would have been in the end!

I am going to the sunny country of Corfu on my holibobs! Very excited! Can't wait. Although I don't know if I'll get there at this rate!

Random question but has anyone ever had a grommet put in their ear drum before? My consultant has scheduled me to have one put in next month but didn't really give me any info apart from it shouldn't hurt and it's done under local anaesthetic.

Random question but has anyone ever had a grommet put in their ear drum before? My consultant has scheduled me to have one put in next month but didn't really give me any info apart from it shouldn't hurt and it's done under local anaesthetic.

Yep, I've had a couple. Although mine were done years ago under general anaesthetic, I assume methods have now changed. Nowt to worry about, you'll be fine. :nod:

Yep, I've had a couple. Although mine were done years ago under general anaesthetic, I assume methods have now changed. Nowt to worry about, you'll be fine. :nod:
Thank you, that's reassuring. Did you have them as a child (if you don't mind me asking). I didn't know they used them in adults

Thank you, that's reassuring. Did you have them as a child (if you don't mind me asking). I didn't know they used them in adults
No problem at all! :)
I had them fitted when I was about 6, then they attempted to fit some more when I was 17. This wasn't successful as they fell straight out again :(
That was 20 years ago and methods now are a lot better than they were back then.

Yes had mine done when i was about 7. Had it as a day surgery and quickly recovered. :) Mine was done under GA (But that was about 18 years ago :P )

Morning Tim, or is it night for you? :P

P.s, My name is Ruth, if you didn't know :)

Reactions: Tim
Hiya Ruth :) Shall you be joining us in brum next month?

Hello Tim! :P

Sadly no, I can't join you all. It was originally planned, but some things have changed my end so I won't be able to make it :( I'm gutted, but perhaps next time!

Ah, I vaguely remember you saying before. That's a shame :( Hopefully have another one when there is beer garden or picnic weather :D

Thank you. How's sweeps new friends settling in?
Slolwy calming down...much less chasing....i actually slept last night.

Booked my bunny Cass in for a dental on Monday as he isn't eating/ pooing/weeing as much as he should be...so stressed. Never known a bun eat so little...first I thought it was being in a new home...but he's been with me 5 days now and he dose the fewest wees and poos I have ever seen in a bunny...something's up. Gonna proba be supplementing him with syringe feeding and water over the week end to make sure he is getting enough to keep his guy moving.
He's bright and alert...just shows no interest in food...and never seen that with a bunny before....they are usually food mad.

Feeling stressed :-( and sad :-(

Back