C&C - Grids/Cubes/Connectors

• Thread starter Thread starter GPQ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
help finding c&c in high street shop

Ahh I'm going nuts on here trying to find somewhere that sells them in the shops as i dont order online. i have seen wicks ones but wanted the ones which are grids as oposed to mesh as i think it looks better as its going to be a permanant thing in my kitchen i has to look good or hubby will be evicting them outside! can anyone help was hoping to go today to get them whilst kids are at school. cant see anything on the usual b&q/homebase ect unless its just that they are not listed rolleyes

I'm off to collect my cubes today! Its nearly a 2 hour drive but its worth it, they were the only ones I could find in Ireland.

Ahh I'm going nuts on here trying to find somewhere that sells them in the shops as i dont order online.

Perhaps a friend who does have the ability to order online could help you? I myself am in the process of building a C&C cage and have ordered the materials as well as the fleece online, it would have been quite a bit of work to go get everything in person.

C&C Cage

I have a full C&C cage for sale!
It does not have the proper connectors but we used cable ties and my piggies left them well alone because they were too busy enjoying all the new space.
I am having to sell because one of my girls passed away and we just don't have room for it anymore.

I have posted in the 'for sale' section and there is a picture there also.:))

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted before. I've been a lurker as I haven't yet got any piggies but I'm hoping to get some in the summer and was wondering if these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/**-MODERN-SHO...dZViewItemQQptZUK_Storage?hash=item35a6a60c96 could be used instead? It would work out a lot cheaper and enable me to build a bigger house than I could with a 4 cube system.

I'd be grateful for your input and I want to get a home sorted for the piggies asap so that I can have everything ready for when I get them.

Thanks in advance and I will be posting a lot more in future!

Donna. x

http://www.kreshay.com/index.php?pa...yword=seville&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

Kreshay Impex do a 4 cube unit (17 panels and 20 connectors) for £14.85 with only £5 p&P no matter how many packs you order!
It is called the SEVILLE cube mesh & grid system.
This is by FAR THE CHEAPEST for the cube system anywhere online, even ebay. The P&P alone makes it worthwhile buying a few sets.

DisplaySense do indivudual connectors for 60-70p BUT there is a minimum order value of £25 so its pointless unless you are ordering other stuff.

I've not been able to find individual or small packs of connectors anywhere else and I've been looking all day online.

Hope that helps someone!
Louise

Hello Donna

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted before. I've been a lurker as I haven't yet got any piggies but I'm hoping to get some in the summer and was wondering if these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/**-MODERN-SHOE...item35a6a60c96 could be used instead? It would work out a lot cheaper and enable me to build a bigger house than I could with a 4 cube system.

I'd be grateful for your input and I want to get a home sorted for the piggies asap so that I can have everything ready for when I get them.

Thanks in advance and I will be posting a lot more in future!

Donna. x

These would not be suitable - they are the same as the ones on Amazon where there is a bit more description:

"It is made up from frosted plastic panels which are reinforced with steel frames to make them rigid."

The problem with this is how would you hang on bottles etc?

and the cubes are much smaller than the C+C ones people here use.

"EACH INDIVIDUAL CUBE MEASURES 23CM X 23CMX35CM APPROX"

Th C+C ones measure about 36cm x 36cm.

You are best off getting them from the company that LouiseScotland76 just mentioned:

http://www.kreshay.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=56

Kreshay Impex do a 4 cube unit (17 panels and 20 connectors) for £14.85 with only £5 p&P no matter how many packs you order!
This is by FAR THE CHEAPEST for the cube system anywhere online, even ebay. The P&P alone makes it worthwhile buying a few sets.

Hope this helps.

Just done a couple of hours research into getting additional plastic connectors for the cubes in the UK.
There does not seem to be anywhere that sels them to the UK - all the places that sell individual or packs of connectors are in the USA (ebay.com have loads listed under wire cube connectors but the shipping is prohibitive) and amazon.com, but shipping makes it un-feasable.

I have tried every search combination I can think of.

The only company that does it for the UK is DisplaySense, but I think there is a 'minimum order charge' of £7 if you spend less than £15, and the shipping is about £8 itself - WHICH TAKES IT TO £22 just for shipping unless you buy more than £15 worth of stuff.

The individual connectors are about 69p each (ex vat) and there are other types which can be used to add shelves to the cubes which come in packs of 16 for £2.95 (ex vat).

The only thing that would be feasible would be for someone to buy a lot of connectors (more than £15 worth to avoid the minimum order charge) and pay only the £8 shipping fee, then you could split them into lots for anyone here who needs extra connectors.

Hope that helps for future reference.
Louise

larger stores of wicks do mesh grids i have used these for mine and they are ace 17 grids and 20 connectors its called storage cube item number 165125 £27.58 try punching it in on their web site :) hope it helps! X

Got my 2 packs of Seville cube systems today.

(Kreshay Impex at £14.85 per box of 17 panels and 20 connectors - £5 P&P no matter how much ordered).
I have to sing this company's praises.......excellent service, 2 days delivery by courier, kept informed every step of the way. :(|)

The product itself is brilliant, very good quality metal, nice colour silver grey, and the connectors themselves are very durable and good quality - it seems to me it would be hard to break them, but we'll see how they fair with use.

Definately recommended - this is the cheapest set and cheapest P&P anywhere.
Louise
x

Hi Louise, yeah I saw them on that website too. They sell through Amazon aswell but its a lot cheaper going through them direct... that's where I'm gonna get mine from.

http://www.kreshay.com/index.php?pa...yword=seville&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

DisplaySense do indivudual connectors for 60-70p BUT there is a minimum order value of £25 so its pointless unless you are ordering other stuff.

I've not been able to find individual or small packs of connectors anywhere else and I've been looking all day online.

Hope that helps someone!
Louise
hey you how big is each square out of interest? i got mine which are all mesh from wicks but much prefer the 'grid' look might have to buy some :(|)
are they plastic coated grids or sprayed on paint finish?
thank you in advance x>>

Hi there.
The panels are 14 inches square, same as the other makes.

Hope that helps - you get a mix of the mesh types (for when you are using them as shelves so that small items dont fall through) and the grids.

In the pack there are mostly grids though (6 mesh and 11 grids).
They are painted metal grids, kind of a silvery grey colour.
Louise
x

your a bad influence louise lol i am now going to go and buy two packets lol! thanks hun for getting back to me :) X

Think I've managed to get myself a bargain today - I got 2 boxes of 4 mesh cube mesh/grids for £10 each. Which will give me a 4 x 2 c&c. I'm so happy, I've been wanting to make this for my girls for so long now as I hate their cage.

Now, the next big is getting the correx and learning out to deal with that?

Is it possible to put a hinged lid on the cage?

Does everyone use fleeces with these set-ups?

Sorry to sell dumb but are these the grids?
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001PHOB7A/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=[/ame]

Also how big a cage will each box make?
I have 2 boars which will go in one and 3 sows which will go in another :)

Yep those are the things you need but not the seller everyone on here is on about. This is their website...

http://www.kreshay.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=34&product_id=178&Itemid=1

It works out cheaper to buy direct from them. They're only charging £13.99 with a maximum of £5 p&p so if you bought 2 or 3 boxes you wouldn't pay more than £5. If you were to buy off Amazon you're paying over £14 then £6 or £7 p&p.

Hope this helps.

Donna. x

PS - I've been told that one box will make a 6x2 open cage. x

Yep those are the things you need but not the seller everyone on here is on about. This is their website...

http://www.kreshay.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=34&product_id=178&Itemid=1

It works out cheaper to buy direct from them. They're only charging £13.99 with a maximum of £5 p&p so if you bought 2 or 3 boxes you wouldn't pay more than £5. If you were to buy off Amazon you're paying over £14 then £6 or £7 p&p.

Hope this helps.

Donna. x

PS - I've been told that one box will make a 6x2 open cage. x

Ah that's brilliant help thank you :)
The price is brilliant too, best get some before they all sell out after all the great advertising on here! x

Dunno if this helps but if you or someone you know is a member of Costco you can get a box for just over £10 - I got 4 boxes and it come to £42-odd. x

Its coroplast "correx" - its the same stuff estate agent signs are made of. There's plenty of threads on here about suppliers. I got mine from www.teacratepackaging.co.uk , under £4 for a 2mx1mx2mm sheet but its a bit thin so I'm gonna double them up. x

I went into Wickes today and found the mesh grids for C&C cages for about £16.99 I think!

Screamed with joy when I saw them, moving house In July so gonna wait til then to buy them.

Correx in collapsible run?

hi I'm not able to build a c&c cage due to room but wondered if I can just use the correx to put inside a collapsible run that is permanently up during the day in my front room! Although just fleece down is working well as I have laminate flooring and they do use a litter tray, just have an odd wee in a corner which isn't a big deal but thought correx would be better with fleece in. It would also stop them chewing on the wood around the bottom, not had the run long and it looks a bit of a mess already! rolleyes The run is 116cm x 116cm (just under 4ft).

hi I'm not able to build a c&c cage due to room but wondered if I can just use the correx to put inside a collapsible run that is permanently up during the day in my front room! Although just fleece down is working well as I have laminate flooring and they do use a litter tray, just have an odd wee in a corner which isn't a big deal but thought correx would be better with fleece in. It would also stop them chewing on the wood around the bottom, not had the run long and it looks a bit of a mess already! rolleyes The run is 116cm x 116cm (just under 4ft).

Correx should be fine for this. Great idea. :)

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this supplier - i got my cc's from ebay seller j17esh ;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170465083969

postage quoted covers up to 4 boxes, they are delivered by DHL and they arrived quickly :)

I just bought some from this ebay seller too. £14.95 each pack plus £5.95 p&p for up to 4 packs. For those of us who can't access Costco I thought this was reasonable compared to many ebay sellers who don't offer much discount on combined shipping. What's even better is that this seller will allow local pick-up for cash payment (by arrangement), so you wouldn't have to pay any postage at all.....assuming that you can collect from Birmingham, just off spaghetti junction.

IS that for real?

Think I've managed to get myself a bargain today - I got 2 boxes of 4 mesh cube mesh/grids for £10 each. Which will give me a 4 x 2 c&c. I'm so happy, I've been wanting to make this for my girls for so long now as I hate their cage.

Now, the next big is getting the correx and learning out to deal with that?

Is it possible to put a hinged lid on the cage?

Does everyone use fleeces with these set-ups?

You managed to get 2 boxes for £10 each? How did you make him to give * such a good bargain? =)

Dunno if this helps but if you or someone you know is a member of Costco you can get a box for just over £10 - I got 4 boxes and it come to £42-odd. x

Where did * buy yours from? Costco? or Kreshay Impex?

Also, could anyone tell me if a box of Mesh & Grid System could make a 4x2 C&C? If so, what is the measurement of 4x2? I am thinking of putting some grid on top as a protection from cat in my house. Do I need two boxes then? What is the greatest bargain out there?
What kind of base you guys are using? I am thinking of buying a coroplast but I dont know if there is any cheap one out there or any good substitution? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back