A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

• Thread starter Thread starter DMS260820
  • Start date Start date
It was easier with the yale lock because I could tell just by looking at the door, but not with the current lock. Decided to chance it though and stayed in bed, the door was locked this morning! And thank you. It's just strained, it's easier this morning.

Definitely a strain from filling a 10ml syringe with a mix of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol and then transferring the contents of said syringe into a different bottle. It's a very thick liquid.

It was easier with the yale lock because I could tell just by looking at the door, but not with the current lock. Decided to chance it though and stayed in bed, the door was locked this morning! And thank you. It's just strained, it's easier this morning.
One of the benefits of moving to this house was the Yale lock, if I shut the door it was locked! I did manage to lock myself out a few times though because I was used to having to lock the door with a key. It's a case of getting used to the new door now.
Glad to hear your thumb is feeling better.

Last edited:
One of the benefits of moving to this house was the Yale lock, if I shut the door it was locked! I did manage to lock myself out a few times though becase I was used to having to lock the door with a key. It's a case of getting used to the new door now.
Glad to hear your thumb is feeling better.

I had a habit of putting the snib up if I was just going for a smoke or to the bins, not if I was going out anywhere obviously. Sometimes I'd forget to drop the snib again but you can see it just by looking if you haven't and now, I can't. I'm trying to set the habit of "close door inside, lock it". A bit extreme but it's the only way I can be sure since I don't leave the keys in the door.

So my car arrived, because it was delayed due to the weather it can't get registered until Monday. Picking it up Tuesday.
Did you pick up your car?

I have a son with autism and things have been more difficult lately. There has been some new negative behaviors from him like pinching people (he uses his nails and my arms look like I have been scratched up by a cat!), escaping his car seat while I am driving, and eloping/running away. I met with his doctor today and she said which one is the most concerning right now and I said the elopement as he could get really hurt or worse because of it. She said it might be time to try medications so I am pretty upset about it, but if it will help him I am for it. But first I have to get him to take medicine. I have 3 months to teach him to take a placebo pill and then we will come back to see if my husband and I want to have him take medicine.

I was at a craft store later today and overheard some mothers in another aisle talking. One was saying she loves watching this cute Youtube channel about an autistic child. She then said, "I would LOVE to have an autistic child! It looks like so much fun!" I was ready to burst into tears over that as I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I had to hold it in since they rounded the corner with their children. I wish these channels talked about real life not this fake façade they create.

I have two emails from DPD about parcels for delivery. They're both legitimate looking emails leading to the same places bar the fact they're clearly about two different parcels.

The catch is I have no idea what one of them is for. "E-cigarette" in Dunstable is all I can tell from it but I've trawled for more info. I don't know what this mystery parcel is. If it's a scam it's a terrible one that's not asking for anything, no passwords, no bank details, no money. They have my exact name and address. Everything is screaming legit except for the fact I didn't buy it.

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow.

My Tax Return is due tomorrow, my Accountant has had the info for ages. I chased my Accountant yesterday and she told me I would have it this morning ready for signature and return. I didn't get it. I left a message for her this afternoon asking where it was and never had a reply. I appreciate it's a busy time for Accountants atm. I have now emailed her asking for it first thing tomorrow. The thing is I don't do numbers, never have done, don't understand them. My OH was with me last year to help me check it through and was there to help me sign it in the correct place. He wasn't working today, he is tomorrow and will be back late. He has let me know what to check but I'm still nervous of signing it on my own as I'm worried I'll do it wrong.

My Tax Return is due tomorrow, my Accountant has had the info for ages. I chased my Accountant yesterday and she told me I would have it this morning ready for signature and return. I didn't get it. I left a message for her this afternoon asking where it was and never had a reply. I appreciate it's a busy time for Accountants atm. I have now emailed her asking for it first thing tomorrow. The thing is I don't do numbers, never have done, don't understand them. My OH was with me last year to help me check it through and was there to help me sign it in the correct place. He wasn't working today, he is tomorrow and will be back late. He has let me know what to check but I'm still nervous of signing it on my own as I'm worried I'll do it wrong.
I’m sorry your accountant has let you down - hopefully she’ll provide it for you tomorrow - if not then if there a penalty to pay for late submission then you can deduct from her fee ! Awful to stress you out like that !

Did you pick up your car?

I have a son with autism and things have been more difficult lately. There has been some new negative behaviors from him like pinching people (he uses his nails and my arms look like I have been scratched up by a cat!), escaping his car seat while I am driving, and eloping/running away. I met with his doctor today and she said which one is the most concerning right now and I said the elopement as he could get really hurt or worse because of it. She said it might be time to try medications so I am pretty upset about it, but if it will help him I am for it. But first I have to get him to take medicine. I have 3 months to teach him to take a placebo pill and then we will come back to see if my husband and I want to have him take medicine.

I was at a craft store later today and overheard some mothers in another aisle talking. One was saying she loves watching this cute Youtube channel about an autistic child. She then said, "I would LOVE to have an autistic child! It looks like so much fun!" I was ready to burst into tears over that as I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I had to hold it in since they rounded the corner with their children. I wish these channels talked about real life not this fake façade they create.
Yes I got the car, thanks for asking.
My oldest child is on the spectrum. He is in his 30s and the knowledge of ASD back then was almost non existent so I regularly got called a bad mother even by a health professional as apparently having multi coloured hair was making my 11 month old decide to be non conformist.

My oldest child is on the spectrum. He is in his 30s and the knowledge of ASD back then was almost non existent so I regularly got called a bad mother even by a health professional as apparently having multi coloured hair was making my 11 month old decide to be non conformist.
Thankfully things have changed since then.

Glad you got your car.

My husband is on the spectrum too. He is in his 40s and the things my mother-in-law went through was horrible. She realized nobody really knew what they were talking about and decided that she would help him the best way she could. I'm grateful for her wonderful example and she is a huge support for me.

I have two emails from DPD about parcels for delivery. They're both legitimate looking emails leading to the same places bar the fact they're clearly about two different parcels.

The catch is I have no idea what one of them is for. "E-cigarette" in Dunstable is all I can tell from it but I've trawled for more info. I don't know what this mystery parcel is. If it's a scam it's a terrible one that's not asking for anything, no passwords, no bank details, no money. They have my exact name and address. Everything is screaming legit except for the fact I didn't buy it.

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow.

Mystery parcel turned up. Apparently the place I bought juice concentrates from ships their nicotine from a different depot. Sigh. At least it wasn't dodgy.

It's Son No 2's birthday next week. He loves Historical Maps and he likes jigsaw puzzles. I found a Historical Map Jigsaw. Perfect! I ordered it and apparently it was delivered yesterday. But it wasn't. The packaging it was in was delivered inside a Royal Mail Bag and a delivery note but no puzzle.

IMG-20240203-WA0000.webp

and just the empty packaging! I have emailed the company I got it from and await a reply. I am extremely unhappy about this. My son hasn't got the present that I bought him. There is clearly a Tea Leaf among the Posties!

That's shocking.
One wonders why they bothered delivering just the packaging. Surely it was obvious that the contents were all missing so they should have looked for it at the sorting office and on their cctv

I'll be on the phone with them tomorrow too. Fair enough if I don't answer the door but the reason for non delivery is "address inaccessible".

In other words, I don't believe for half a second they were anywhere near my door.

My bathroom light and bathroom fan are controlled by the same switch. I flicked said switch on, and this thought process occurred within the equivalent of one breath:

"hey weird light ugh must've flicked the wrong switch landing light's not on wait why's the fan running ach s***e the bulb's gone"

I mean it's been threatening to go ever since I moved in but it could've chosen a better time than a Sunday afternoon.

(Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in…)
My housemate wants to put the freshly neutered boy in with the girls NOW. The girls gave birth before, and one almost died. What the heck?!?!?! I mean, I am not going to let it happen (duh), but how does she not get it?
Sadly she’s an idiot and not thinking about the piggies

It's Son No 2's birthday next week. He loves Historical Maps and he likes jigsaw puzzles. I found a Historical Map Jigsaw. Perfect! I ordered it and apparently it was delivered yesterday. But it wasn't. The packaging it was in was delivered inside a Royal Mail Bag and a delivery note but no puzzle.

View attachment 240929

and just the empty packaging! I have emailed the company I got it from and await a reply. I am extremely unhappy about this. My son hasn't got the present that I bought him. There is clearly a Tea Leaf among the Posties!
I had an email yesterday from Royal Mail telling me that a replacement puzzle will be delivered today. I hope it's not the packaging again! I'll find out in a few days when Son No 2 comes back from his holiday.

Never water house plants until the first top cm of compost is totally dry and let the pot drain. I’ve killed off loads of plants by overwatering, far more than under watering 😉

Most roses are very hardy, it may look sad and lifeless now but wait until late spring before binning it, they often burst into life!

Back