Wiebke's Tribe: Sows and the City Boars

After Sulwen/Sisu and Melangell 'Sweet Angel' failed to gel and Sulwen is currently living next to Merlin, I have had a busy dating weekend with Melangell (nickname Mella).
The bonding with her old short term family sadly failed since Manon quite simply didn't want Mella back on her doorstep even though she submitted to Manon last week.

So I tried her with the big oldies group she's been living alongside with over the last week.
DSCN6398_0167.JPG
Brangwyn was an outright 'no' after he introduced himself rather rudely and Carys was too touchie-feelie friendly too quickly for her liking (poor dear), so I tried Mella with just Esme (who seemed drawn to her and who looks vaguely a bit like Llelo) and Beti who she hadn't shown any negative reactions to during the full group bonding.
DSCN6405_0174.JPG

DSCN6406_0175.JPG
I changed it to 5 years old Heilin instead of 4 years old Beti when the leadership contest between Beti and Mella got a bit heated. Friendly but not dominant Heilin proved to be the right choice, which has allowed me to split the large group space into two equal group pens. Brangwyn is back to his original ladies Beti and Begw plus Carys .

DSCN6414_0163_edited-1.jpg
(Heilin - Esme - Melangell)

The current combo allows me to bond Melangell and Esme with Merlin as my back-up option in case Sulwen is not working out with him. Mella is only 11 months younger than Esme.

Sounds like a bit of a headache but I’m glad things have worked out for Melangell the third time round and that she’s happy in a trio with Esme and Heilin ❤️

Neither Esme nor Heilin have shown any interest in their former mates or rattled the divider; this is the mark of a successful bonding. It was about all finding the right mix for both groups at the end.

@Claire W , it's great to know that you love Esme enough to have given her the opportunity to have a happy new life ❤️
Thank you. Your words mean a lot. I’ll always miss Esme but I’m happy for her that she’s living the life she deserves with Wiebke and piggy friends which is what I couldn’t give her x

Neither Esme nor Heilin have shown any interest in their former mates or rattled the divider; this is the mark of a successful bonding. It was about all finding the right mix for both groups at the end.
Your understanding of piggies is awe inspiring ! We all learn so much from you 🥰

I have been a bit silent but all piggies are still here.
Here are some recent pictures:

Carys
DSCN6439_0304_edited-1 - Copy.webp

Begw

DSCN6441_0306_edited-1.webp

Heilin
DSCN6436_0301_edited-1 - Copy.webp

Melangell (Mella)
DSCN6438_0303_edited-1 - Copy.webp

Modron, Barcud and Millyn
DSCN6443_0308_edited-1.webp

Baeddan enjoying a peek across to Sulwen (Sisu's) cage with Blodyn in the hut although she will jump up as well
DSCN6445_0310_edited-1.webp

DSCN6447_0312.webp

Esme
DSCN6448_0297.webp

Been ill and then busy with catching up but here are some escapees from the piggy section on the run during a cage cleaning orgy.

Baeddan and Blodyn
DSCN6490_0426_edited-1.jpg

And finally a good view of Beaddan's version of a budgie smuggler :D
DSCN6493_0429_edited-1.jpg

Oh aren’t they both adorable! That little face of Blodyn’s!

Hope you’re feeling better now, I honestly don’t know how you do it all.

A very happy 5th wheekday to you, Dryw 'Wren' (nickname: Deedoo)!

It is hard to believe that you are already an older lady now when not that long ago you arrived here as a little baby companion to big Pioden and his last surviving wife, arthritic and very frail Hedydd 'Skylark' who would die just after her 8th birthday a few weeks later. The other three sow mates had all passed away within a single year, even the one that was younger than Pioden.
Just before Pioden died (around his own estimated 8th birthday), I found you two little baby friends that could not challenge you or Pioden, Llinos 'Linnet' and Lleian 'Smew'.
IMG_0139_edited-1.webp

IMG_0522_edited-3.webp

DSCN5890_edited-1.webp

Back