Wiebke's Tribe: Sows and the City Boars

Happy Birthday girls!

Goodness, Lleian and Llinos are 3, it only seems like last year they came to you.

6 & 3 😳?! How did that happen? Dori and Meg Wheek them all a happy birthday and are wondering if there may possibly be any carrot treats left 😊

It was so heart-warming to see Maelona's mum Manon play tag with 5 year old Macsen the other week in order to reaffirm their bond at the end of their grieving period.
They have started to hang out together more and Manon is actually coming out of herself quite a bit more and is discovering her more playful side. She is one of my persisitently skittish piggies (not surprising with her awful background).

Macsen 'The Greatest' (after the last Roman emperor on British soil, Magnus Maximus) and Manon 'Queen'
DSCN6545_0626_edited-1.webp

Just to say that Brangwyn 'White Raven' on the left and his widows harem have all made it through the summer. Carys and Begw are very arthritic and frail now; but Carys 'Love' has already turned 6 years and Begw 'Little Pearl (Peggy)' is going to this celebrate this landmark, which I never expected her to reach, in less than a month. Black Beti (Betty) is now four years old. She has calmed down a lot and is turning into a bit of a couch potato.

Brangwyn - Beti - Begw - Carys
DSCN6602_0798 copy.webp

After Maelona's unexpected early death has thrown my careful plans in the air, I tried to bond her rather fear-aggressive also 3 years old mother Manon 'Queen' and her now 5 years old hub Macsen 'The Greatest' with their neighbours (also somewhat fear aggressive 5 years old Dryw 'Wren' and her 3 years old sidekicks Llinos 'Linnet' and Lleian 'Smew' after a chance encounter on the roming floor didn't develop into an immediate diplomatic crisis.

Having my two 5 year olds in the same group would have made things a lot easier for me but not quite unexpectedly, Manon took a defence flying tackle at Dryw and shocked herself as much as Dryw. Poor Macsen (who is a rather sensitive soul) got stressed out with all sows, so I decided to call it a day as the tension was not coming down although Manon signalled repeatedly that she wanted to be friends. There was no real aggression in it.
But at least I now know that Manon is likely to accept my runty cousins Llinos and Lleian so I have a new longer term companionship option for her. :)

Manon - Llinos - Lleian - Dryw - Macsen (at the start of the bonding)
DSCN6592_0819.webp

Back