Wiebke's Tribe: Sows and the City Boars

Oh I’m so sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to Dylan. What a beautiful boy and you rescued him and gave him his best life ever. Sending much love as you cope with another loss …. 💔

I’m so sorry you had to say goodbye to Dylan, he lived his very best life with you and the tribe, sending big hugs x

Sleep tight gentle Dylan 🌈

I’m so sorry you have lost Dylan so soon after Nye. You give all your piggies such wonderful lives. Take care ❤️

I am so sorry to learn you have had another sad loss. This year has not been kind to you. Popcorn free Dylan. Hugs x

This year and the second half of last year have been horrible.

Many of the piggies from the big adoption spree I adopted in the years around 2017 have been born around 2016, so that is unfortunately reflected in my losses right now. I have been blessed that the first 18 months of the pandemic when I didn't lose a single piggy have coincided with a generational gap in between two large wodges of piggies but I am now making up for that with a vengeance. :(

Thankfully, the majority of them have been able to live a normal life span despite a bad start; most of the ones that passed away at a younger age had already lost their siblings or first cousins before that in other hands - some of them have come here because there was a known risk they may not live very long due to their background.
Plus the inevitable medical kerb balls you can never anticipate and that usually happen at the worst possible time. :(
Any measures I have put in place last autumn to protect any younger companions of older piggies are working out well; they all have got extra company to bolster their foreseeable loss.

The actual losses, especially when they happen in multipacks, are however still not hurting any less and still take their time to digest - which is something I am currently no longer able to do since I am suffering from what I call 'grieving indigestion', i.e. I am no longer able to keep up with the normal processing and it all just feels like a strong general achy mass of mush that has got stuck in my soul and is blocking it but new lumps are still arriving all the time.
Only time and a longer period of respite can help to unblock that but it will still leave me feeling for a considerable time like I have lost some individuals in the whole mess and while I have been grieving for them, I haven't been able to grieve for them as a special personality the way they deserve. I am still chewing over my previous wodge in 2019 when I lost another bunch of long term companions in very quick succession. They still come up in 'burps' every then; thankfully pretty mildly. :(
If I adopt similar looking piggies (never dead ringers!) not all that long after a loss, it is often because I feel the need to reconnect with individuals I have been drowned out in the general misery during a grieving wodge and I can honour their memory that way.

This year and the second half of last year have been horrible.

Many of the piggies from the big adoption spree I adopted in the years around 2017 have been born around 2016, so that is unfortunately reflected in my losses right now. I have been blessed that the first 18 months of the pandemic when I didn't lose a single piggy have coincided with a generational gap in between two large wodges of piggies but I am now making up for that with a vengeance. :(

Thankfully, the majority of them have been able to live a normal life span despite a bad start; most of the ones that passed away at a younger age had already lost their siblings or first cousins in other hands - some of them have come here because there was a known risk they may not live very long due to their background.
Plus the inevitable medical kerb balls you can neer anticipate and that usually happen at the worst possible time. :( Any measures I have put in place to protect any younger companions of older piggies last autumn are working out well; they all have extra company to bolster their foreseeable loss.

The actual losses, especially when they happen in multipacks, are however still not hurting any less and still take their time to digest - which is something I am currently no longer able to do since I am suffering from what I call 'grieving indigestion', i.e. I am no longer able to keep up with the normal processing and it all just feels like a strong general achy mass of mush that has got stuck in my soul and is blocking it but new lumps are still arriving all the time.
Only time and a longer period of respite can help to unblock that but it will still leave me feeling for a considerable time that I have lost some individuals in the whole mess and while I have been grieving for them, I haven't grieved for them as a special personality the way they deserve. I am still chewing over my previous wodge in 2019 when lost another bunch of long term companions in very quick succession. They still come up in 'burps'. :(
If I adopt similar looking piggies (never dead ringers!) not all that long after a loss, it is often because I feel the need to reconnect with individuals I have lost in the general misery during a grieving wodge and I can honour their memory that way.
I think you are a true guinea pig person and have a very special connection with the furry potatoes. Your soul is in tune with theirs and strongly attached so letting go will be hard, especially if rushed along by an other departed piggy in quick succession. What you describe as " grieving indigestion" sounds along the lines of "anxiety stacking". I hope you are being gentle with yourself. It is ok if you haven't been able to grieve for some individuals as a special personality in the way you would wish, that doesn't mean they weren't special individuals or that you have failed them in any way or love them any less, what they deserved most was to have the best of lives and that is what you gave them. And you honoured them every day they were in your care. Your love for them will always remain a constant xx

I think you are a true guinea pig person and have a very special connection with the furry potatoes. Your soul is in tune with theirs and strongly attached so letting go will be hard, especially if rushed along by an other departed piggy in quick succession. What you describe as " grieving indigestion" sounds along the lines of "anxiety stacking". I hope you are being gentle with yourself. It is ok if you haven't been able to grieve for some individuals as a special personality in the way you would wish, that doesn't mean they weren't special individuals or that you have failed them in any way or love them any less, what they deserved most was to have the best of lives and that is what you gave them. And you honoured them every day they were in your care. Your love for them will always remain a constant xx

Thank you.

I know that I am doing my best for my piggies as much as I can and that this is an extreme situation that we would all struggle with. I am not suffering from feelings of guilt/failure or loss of self-esteem, just from having temporarily exceeded my coping limit right now; it all coming right on top of me having had a bad ride with Covid and suffering from some Long Covid symptoms. You cannot speed up the grieving process and there are no shortcuts.

But I also know from experience that it will come back again, given time - which is exactly what I haven't had especially this summer. While I still have some more oldies left, I also know that there going to be some gaps ahead in which I can catch up again and that there are several years ahead in which I haven't adopted as much; mainly companions for bereaved piggies so the number of losses is going to reflect that.

We’re with you Wiebke and understand your losses.
Advising lots of self care to help you to get better and to cope with the long covid stuff.
Your piggies know how much you love/loved and care/cared for them and you have given every one of those piggies their best life ever. You still are. You could not do any more. 🥰

We’re with you Wiebke and understand your losses.
Advising lots of self care to help you to get better and to cope with the long covid stuff.
Your piggies know how much you love/loved and care/cared for them and you have given every one of those piggies their best life ever. You still are. You could not do any more. 🥰

I am already onto the self-care bit... :)

Your posts were for me, hard to read as they were so sad. You have been through so much and all I can do is send you hugs, but am thinking of you. Take care of yourself xx:hug:

Your posts were for me, hard to read as they were so sad. You have been through so much and all I can do is send you hugs, but am thinking of you. Take care of yourself xx:hug:
I am taking care of myself, thanks. ;)

But whether you are a member or a moderator, we all have difficult times and stuff happening in our own lives. It is OK to not be OK at times for everybody.

It's yet another blow for me, just five days after I had to say goodbye to Dylan and less than a month after losing Nye. This time it was one of these curve balls out of the blue that you can never predict and therefore neither brace for nor prevent.

Something must have suddenly gone wrong in the brain because I found Cai very disorientated and struggling to control/coordinate his movements when I made my last piggy round of the day refilling the water bottles and hay trays for the night. Cai passed away not all that long after during the small hours.

DSCN4007_edited-1.jpg

He was one of the bunch of newly bereaved rescue returnees I adopted from TEAS sanctuary pretty much to the day a year ago in the wake of my first big wodge of several deaths in very close succession last summer. At four years of age, Cai was the oldest of them.
He found new happiness with Gethin's widows Carys and Tegeirian; they have been a well bonded trio that loved to splodge out together half-buried in the hay tray, looking like a tray of toads in the hole. Cai has sadly not been here for long, but I am going to miss my little nose bumps with him over the top of the grids when he reminded me that dinner was due!

DSCN3949_edited-2.jpg

He now rests with my other two husboars I lost this month.

RIP Nye - the cheerful one
DSCN4535_edited-1.jpg

RIP Dylan - the gentle one
DSCN4560_edited-1.jpg

RIP Cai - the friendly one
DSCN4585_edited-1.jpg

I hope that you can understand why I need to take a bit of an out-time from the forum right now and need to look after myself and my piggies first.

I am so very sorry that Cai has trotted off to the rainbow bridge so soon after Nye and Dylan 😞 (((hugs)))

Please take as much time as you need to process your losses. We’ll all be here when you feel up to returning.

Take good care of yourself and your piggies xx

Sorry for your losses. Take all the time you need. You do so much for piggies and you’ve given all these boys wonderful lives. Sleep tight Nye, Dylan and Cai x

Omg I’m so sorry that Cai has travelled to RB.💔
What a gorgeous boy and we know he was living his best life ever with you and his wives.
We will be here for you when you feel able to return and thank you for everything you do in the piggy world 🥰

I am so sorry you lost Cai, what a dreadful shock for you, take great care while you grieve :hug:

Sleep tight gorgeous boy 🌈

Oh Wiebke what terribly sad timing for you, I'm so very sorry. Thinking of you as you grieve for your beloved piggies 🌈

What a terrible time your are having. I hope the coming year will be so much better for you.
Go meet your friends at the rainbow bridge Cai - you will not be forgotten 🌈

Oh Wiebke I am so very sorry that you have lost Cai so soon after Nye and Dylan.
You need to look after yourself.
Battered and bruised hearts need time and space to heal.
Holding you in my heart ♥️

So sorry that you have lost another piggy in so short a space of time. You must be devasted. Look after yourself as you grieve. Hugs.

I am very happy that Cai's widows Carys 'Love' and Tegeirian 'Orchid' have given their paws in marriage to Tudur 'Tudor/Leader of the People' and his remaining wife Heilin 'Generous' after Dylan's two widows Beti and Begw declined the honour a few days ago.
Gentle Gethin (RIP October 2021), Carys' big love, was a black sheltie, so I hoped that she would be disposed to take a shine to another dark boar whereas his successor, brown Cai, was very much Tegeirian's choice last year. The bonding was one of the mildest I have ever done and the current group shake down is also very much on the minor side.

All four piggies have come here at different times as much younger companions to bereaved/soon to be bereaved older piggies but they will hopefully have several happy years together and can see each other out.

DSCN6479_edited-1.jpg

I am very happy that Cai's widows Carys 'Love' and Tegeirian 'Orchid' have given their paws in marriage to Tudur 'Tudor/Leader of the People' and his remaining wife Heilin 'Generous' after Dylan's two widows Beti and Begw denied the honour a few days ago.
Gentle Gethin (RIP October 2021), Carys' big love, was a black sheltie, so I hoped that she would be disposed to take a shine to another dark boar whereas brown Cai was very much Tegeirian's choice last year. The bonding was one of the mildest I have ever done and the current group shake down is also very much on the minor side.

All four piggies have come here at different times as much younger companions to bereaved/soon to be bereaved older piggies but they will hopefully have several happy years together and can see each other out.

View attachment 212594
Tudur is a handsome boy 😍

Back