Wiebke's Tribe: Sows and the City Boars

Tudur is a handsome boy 😍

He is! :wub:

Tudur was initially adopted by another forum member and lived with their last older sow before coming here with the same batch of widowed TEAS sanctuary piggies as Cai. He has been accepted by Hapus and Heilin after Teggy's death in June; the new wives had been his neighbours during the time he lived with Teggy in the hopes that he and Heilin would take a liking to each other for the long term.
Hapus is now no longer fit enough to keep up with Tudur and has moved in with her sister Llawen and Nye's widow Hyfryd in an old ladies' commune.

Tudur is very pleased with himself indeed to have a whole harem of ladies to woo now! :yahoo:

A ready-made new family of dumped piggies having lived rough in dog walking, bramble-infested wasteland underneath a main road viaduct for a while have arrived all the way from Cornwall on 8th October, courtesy of @Bill & Ted , who did both the catching and the later the transport from Maria's Animal Shelter to Coventry.
Here is their back story: Three guinea pigs have been dumped near me
And here is the next chapter of their story: Dumped Cornwall piggies - What happened next

DSCN4582_edited-3.jpg
Matriarch Modron (named after a Mother goddess), her son Barcud (pronounced Barkid) and daughter Millyn (pronounced Mikhlen) and their two rescue-born babies Boncath and Blodyn ('Flower' - slight name change here to avoid confusion on the forum with a namesake) have all settled in well.

DSCN6476_edited-2.jpg
Barcud and his son Boncath have left the family a week ago when Boncath was coming close to the cut-off weight after an extra week with the family due to his small size. Here is one last family photoshoot before the split. Barcud will return to the family once Boncath is safely neutered and ready for his own harem.

DSCN4604_edited-2.jpg
Modron is now in the latest stages of another pregnancy; thankfully it doesn't look like a large litter. The rescue has made an exception because of my experience with pregnancies and baby care and the unprecedented pressure on the rescue due to the money crunch in order to save more lives at immediate risk.

Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well!

I was so sorry to read that you lost Nye, Dylan and Cai so close to each other in the last month or so. Rainbow Bridge has been so busy lately :hug:
:hug:

It's lovely though that you have been able to take on the little Cornish family, they are very lucky piggies indeed. The babies are so cute, absolutely delightful. 🥰 I hope granny Modren's babies arrive safely in due course too 🙏🤞

I was so sorry to read that you lost Nye, Dylan and Cai so close to each other in the last month or so. Rainbow Bridge has been so busy lately :hug:
:hug:

It's lovely though that you have been able to take on the little Cornish family, they are very lucky piggies indeed. The babies are so cute, absolutely delightful. 🥰 I hope granny Modren's babies arrive safely in due course too 🙏🤞

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Modron and her pups, too. The last bit of the waiting game is always hardest, though.

The pups are growing well now and are doing what pups do. :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Modron and her pups, too. The last bit of the waiting game is always hardest, though.

The pups are growing well now and are doing what pups do. :)
Hope it’s not long now @Wiekbe 🙏

Aw, what a pair of cuties. Little Boncath is growing well, they are a handsome pair 💙💙
Boncath has nearly gained 100g in just over two weeks - he weighs a third more than he did on arrival, just on a normal diet with a little more pellets (2 tablespoons per piggy per day instead of one) since both boys can do with a bit more. Dad Barcud is still a bit on the thin side himself at the moment - but only for as long as they need to catch up.
But they have both still plenty of time to catch up and to realise their personal genetically determined optimum as adults in their own time so there is no need for any drastic measures. :)

Cuteness overload ❤️
Lovely that Boncath is putting on weight as are the others I’m sure under your loving care
Hope you’re feeling better in yourself Wiebke 🥰

Two more baby boys have arrived last Saturday; they Barcud's sons with his mother Modron.

The the cream baby is called Brangwyn ('White Raven', pronounced Braan-guin) and the red baby is Bronrhyddyn (Robin 'Redbreast', pronounced Bronn-rithin).
They were a perfect birth weight of 100g and are growing and developing very quickly now.
Brace for some baby cuteness overload!

Day one
Just born and still a bit damp

DSCN4626.JPG

A little later in the afternoon
DSCN4637_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4634_edited-2.jpg
DSCN4647_edited-2.jpg

On day two - being about and busy drinking from their mother
DSCN4659.JPG
DSCN4661.JPG

On day three with lots of piggy trains around the newly cleaned and upgraded baby safe run (babies can walk straight through normal C&C grids). The boys are both weighing in at a rather whopping 125g!
DSCN4693_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4688_edited-1.jpg

Today, on day four - nice plump babies starting to munch on hay a bit more seriously
DSCN4753_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4721_edited-1.jpg

Aw they are a delight, the most beautiful babies 😊

They are! All the little baby noises I have forgotten about, like the funny little squealing noise they make when they feel tickled while mummy is licking their bum in the first days in order to stimulate the digestive system (which is only starting up after birth)...

Brangwyn has started nibbling on the fresh food tonight but Bronrhyddyn still hanging back a bit; he is the less adventurous of the two. He is eating hay, though.

I've never heard a one day old baby boy rumbling but Brangwyn does already dominance rumble-strut at his brother. Boncath still doesn't do it at 6 weeks of age and despite living with sow neighbours...

Back