Wiebke's Tribe: Sows and the City Boars

Oh my goodness …….they are so cute ❤️
It’s lovely seeing how the babies are developing and their interaction with Mum
I hope you’re feeling a bit better Wiebke lots of rest and self care 🥰

Brangwyn is going to be quite the little man then, gosh rumble strutting at a day old :yikes: he thinks he’s too dog already, what a character 😆 Wonder what Barcud will make of that then. He may take the wind out of his sails when he joins the bachelor pad?
They really are a joy to see and see their lives unfold

Last edited:
They are so so adorable 😍 I do love Aby babies with their little spiky hair do’s!

I made use of some better daylight than lately and the babies now old enough (but still keen on sticking close to their mother) for a family photoshoot.

Brace for some serious cuteness overload! :D

Modron 'Mother Goddess' with her two baby sons Bronrhyddyn 'Robin' and Brangwyn 'White Raven':
DSCN4797_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4801_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4818_edited-1.jpg

With her daughter and granddaughter who share her pen
DSCN4809_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4815_edited-1.jpg
Just see how much Blodyn 'Flower' has grown in not even a month! She's nearly doubled her weight. (with her mother Millyn 'Sweet Violet')

Because things were going so well (thanks to a generous supply of pellets), I then added dad Barcud 'Red Kite' and his son with Millyn, Boncath 'Buzzard' for a full family line up:
DSCN4836_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4829_edited-1.jpg

Dad Barcud finally met his new sons shortly; they are going to live with him until they are safely neutered and ready for wives of their own sometime next spring, so I want them to be aware of each other with short meetings (just as long as Modron is not getting worried) for an easier switch at separation time and better acceptance by Barcud.
DSCN4845_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4849_edited-1.jpg

And here is a little snapshot of Boncath, Blodyn's brother who currently lives with his dad.
DSCN4833_edited-1.jpg

They are the most beautiful little family! Some gorgeous smiling faces you managed to capture!

Ah that’s really lovely to see this little family. All looking so well and thriving with your love and care🥰

I love your little Cornish tribe and am so happy for them and you. I know you have a soft spot for the ginger piggies, so that makes it seem even more perfect. And Blodyn reminds me a little of Morwenna too 🥰 I hope she also lives such a long and happy life xx

The boys are developing well; they are both eating hay and are at 9 days of age already 180g - I guess we are on course for an earlier separation if they keep growing at nearly 10g a day. They are already larger than their half-sister Blodyn was at 3 weeks when she arrived here.

But Blodyn and her brother Boncath are also doing well and have not quite doubled in size over the last month but they are also not all that far off, either!
The little boys are now a lot more vocal and active and their baby hair is starting to grow out with Bronrhyddyn's coat starting to lighten up. This is the time when they are at their cutest. They have both already started rumble-strutting, by the way, while Boncath is still not doing it...

DSCN4943_edited-1.jpg

With Blodyn and her mother Millyn at the back
DSCN4934_edited-1.jpg

Trying to get a clear picture of the piggies up and about is usually ending up like this:
DSCN4880.JPG
DSCN4882.JPG
It takes around 50 pictures just to get a couple of decent ones when you have babies! :D

I am so happy you are getting to enjoy some baby antics again Wiebke.

It's been four years since Llelo and his two brothers were born here less than 24 hours after their mother's arrival after I offered to emergency holiday board a very pregnant pet shop sow and her sister...

They went home to their family once they were back from their holiday so I missed the real fun part.

Wow, everyone is looking so well, all those babies are so delightful, the two youngest are growing amazingly fast 😊

Little Boncath has made the trip with me to The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue Christmas Fair in Stoke-on-Trent where he has been handed over to his new family. It has been rather sad to let him go because he is such a delightful little boy but I can unfortunately not keep four more boys for the long term in addition to my other three husboars.

For Boncath's next chapter, you will have to head across to the Bradshaw Family blog thread!

I have had a little last shared photoshoot with him and dad Barcud yesterday.
DSCN4985_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4970_edited-1.jpg
DSCN4979_edited-1.jpg

Back