What made you happy today?

I have chicken needing cooked by the 16th so I figured I'd make sure there was room in the freezer, because it's tiny and there's 2kg of chicken in there already and some ready meals and you know what I found?

TWO BOXES OF ICE LOLLIES. Hell yes. I feel like I just won the jackpot.

Still waiting for someone about the hot water taps :roll: but I went outside to have a vape earlier and as I sat down on my step I saw my neighbour's wee chihuahua come running towards me. Thankfully she's so tiny she's not going anywhere fast lol, my neighbour called her back but she kept running so instead he called to me to not let her get past me.

No chance, lol. I ended up having to walk her back up before she could have some more scritches and he's like "too bloody friendly, that's her problem" lol. She's great. He's right, she shouldn't be running at me from four houses away, but she's great anyway :wub:

Turning a negative into a positive. Finding home insurance when you run a business from home with clients coming to your home can be difficult. Our current insurer will no longer offer cover due to my business. So I’ve been forced to look around…. It’s taken ages but in doing so I’ve actually found that I can get better cover more cheaply. Got a couple of quotes and more to follow up on Monday. So that’s turned a negative into a positive 😊

Turning a negative into a positive. Finding home insurance when you run a business from home with clients coming to your home can be difficult. Our current insurer will no longer offer cover due to my business. So I’ve been forced to look around…. It’s taken ages but in doing so I’ve actually found that I can get better cover more cheaply. Got a couple of quotes and more to follow up on Monday. So that’s turned a negative into a positive 😊
That’s good news.
I always took pleasure in telling insurance providers who kept offering us coverage that they always refused us because home is also the workplace.

Having my first shower in 4 days! The caravan site we were staying at previous to this one had a toilet block that wasn't the cleanest and I would have been dirtier after having a shower than before I went in! The difference in the site we are at now to where we were previously is amazing. We have gone from no star to 5 star. (I had a shower as soon as we pitched up yhis afternoon).

Some of the boys fleece liners were starting to get a bit whiffy. Over the course of yesterday and today I managed to get the whole lot washed with a laundry cleanser and on the washing line to get a good airing. They are all good as new again.

After a lovely 5 days with my daughter today I cleaned all five piggy cages, washed all the fleece, line dried it and packed it away. I've also cooked enough curry for 2 days leaving tomorrow free to do whatever I feel like doing. Having seen the weather forecast that could be a jigsaw puzzle rather than a walk!

Tomorrow morning. So end of term drink will be commiseration or celebration! Trying to take my mind off it but failing and managing in almost equal measure 😁
Good luck. It’s over now. I hope you have a positive outcome. Is this for a new role in September?

It’s now 6 weeks and 2 days until retirement and a new adventure in life’s journey.
We’ve spent a couple of days in Yorkshire doing some more work in readiness for the move.
Space now identified for future piggies

View attachment 249294
Wow that’s brilliant ! Those 6 wks and 2 days will whizz by 🥰

Back