What made you happy today?

It doesn’t but it was 5 years ago.
I think Covid caused time to feel skewed
Too true. You, @Betsy and I were all moving that summer ( though in the end I didn't move until October) and it doesn't seem like nearly 5 years for me either. Thank heaven we all moved before Covid hit ...

Too true. You, @Betsy and I were all moving that summer ( though in the end I didn't move until October) and it doesn't seem like nearly 5 years for me either. Thank heaven we all moved before Covid hit ...
We didn't move until October either. Yes we are thankful that we moved before Covid too.

I'm looking forward to the eclipse today! We have about 3 and a half minutes to see totality this afternoon!

I also got to talk with a very nice lady at the disability office over the phone. The disability office called the wrong number for an appointment they said I had to attend on the 1st. The lady rescheduled it and put in the notes to "Please look at the phone number and call the correct number". Fingers crossed they will actually call me on Wednesday!

Went to see the circus today. Had never seen a planet circus one and it was brilliant!

I also bought a dress and a maxi skirt. I saw one last year and wish I'd bought it as I decided wasn't for me. The one I've got today has a pattern on it and doesn't feel like there is yards of material. Operation lose middle/hips continues!

Two hour video calls with besties ...

Went to see the circus today. Had never seen a planet circus one and it was brilliant!

I also bought a dress and a maxi skirt. I saw one last year and wish I'd bought it as I decided wasn't for me. The one I've got today has a pattern on it and doesn't feel like there is yards of material. Operation lose middle/hips continues!

Two hour video calls with besties ...
1713039380608.webp1713039467897.webp

I love a maxi skirt but at 5ft 1 it's difficult to find one that isn't 6 inches too long!

I know what you mean,I'm 5 foot 2 and I really have to pull maxi skirts up so they don't drag on the floor.
I'm only 5ft in heels! I got it from select and they had a range of colours in, so if you have one nearby go have a look 😊 it has maxi skirt on the label but don't know if is a true maxi skirt as I always thought they were made for tall people and had yards and yards of material. Either way, I have a floaty skiry now....

If only I was still in Milton Keynes, we had everything there. Suffolk is like going back in time 30 years!
However, booked a holiday to Portugal today. Going in 3 weeks with sister in law. Family are going to look after the beastie boys so no disruption for them.
Also, Mischievous Master Boris is still being a little cuddly man and is snuggling and napping at every lap time now. Welcome Mellow Master Boris ❤️

So... the skirt I bought yesterday is actually a midi skirt. I tried about 5 on so no wonder I got mixed up. As I'm so short though, it does the same job as a maxi skirt!

Somebody asked for a photo of my Easter Cactus... I can't remember who but I added it to my to do list. We had a little photo shoot this morning!

20240414_104323.webp

I've avoided looking at the vivarium in my bedroom since Maurice my African fat tailed gecko passed away during surgery just over a year ago.. it basically became a table. Over the year I've slowly, bit by bit, been cleaning it out when I felt able to.
I finished it this weekend, and turned it into a home again.
After much thought and planning over the last few months I have a new family member coming to join us week after next.
Just needs a water bowl and it's done! I'm very excited to meet him after everything that's been happening.

20240413_174219.webp

I've avoided looking at the vivarium in my bedroom since Maurice my African fat tailed gecko passed away during surgery just over a year ago.. it basically became a table. Over the year I've slowly, bit by bit, been cleaning it out when I felt able to.
I finished it this weekend, and turned it into a home again.
After much thought and planning over the last few months I have a new family member coming to join us week after next.
Just needs a water bowl and it's done! I'm very excited to meet him after everything that's been happening.

View attachment 246009

Can’t wait to meet them.

I love a maxi skirt but at 5ft 1 it's difficult to find one that isn't 6 inches too long!
I know what you mean,I'm 5 foot 2 and I really have to pull maxi skirts up so they don't drag on the floor.
I like maxi skirts too and find that if I go for 33” that’s ankle lengths .
I’m 5.0’ feet tall

So this is a couple of days late but I had a lovely day on Saturday, picked up Son No 1 and girlfriend from their new house, took the train to London had a bit of a wander around, then met up with Sons Nos 2 and 3 at a lovely Thai Restaurant, went for a walk in Regent's Park and saw where Son No 2 is moving to next weekend in Camden, had another meal in a Brew Dog at Waterloo Station and took the train back to Southampton Parkway, dropped Son No 1 and girlfriend back to their house, drove back home and collapsed into bed having had a wonderful day and I walked 10 miles.

So this is a couple of days late but I had a lovely day on Saturday, picked up Son No 1 and girlfriend from their new house, took the train to London had a bit of a wander around, then met up with Sons Nos 2 and 3 at a lovely Thai Restaurant, went for a walk in Regent's Park and saw where Son No 2 is moving to next weekend in Camden, had another meal in a Brew Dog at Waterloo Station and took the train back to Southampton Parkway, dropped Son No 1 and girlfriend back to their house, drove back home and collapsed into bed having had a wonderful day and I walked 10 miles.
Sounds like you had a good day.

Did you have a go on the slide at BrewDog?

Back