Two spoilt pigs 😊

Patrick hasn’t replaced Pepper. He’s still very much in my heart. ❤️

I don't expect that anyone thinks that. Personally I think it's wonderful that you got Patrick so soon to put Pebbles needs first.
Thank you @fluffysal. That’s exactly what I did. I thought do I want to continue the piggy cycle? Yes. So get Pebble a friend as soon as possible so he’s not alone for long. But it didn’t give me much time to grieve for Pepper.

I know exactely how you feel. In all the years that I had pairs, I never really had the time to properly grieve for one piggy, because the partner needed a new companion asap.
But the new piggy never replaced the lost one. It's more of a new start.

In the last couple of years, I have kept them in a group of four to six. There always comes a time when I fall in love with every pig I see. During these times, there is a certain risk that I take in a new piggy. :cool: But it also has to do with succession planing because it can be easier to introduce a new piggy into a bigger group than a smaller one. It's usually at time when I feel uncomfortable about one of them, without being able to put my finger on it why I'm feeling uncomfortable. (If that makes any sense.)
But in the weeks or even months after loosing one, I'm not in the mood to take in a new piggy.

The only exception is when we loose the group's husboar. And I'm dreading the day we have to say goodbye to Odi already. The girls are usually very subdued without a boar, but finding a suitable new one and the bonding will be quite a challenge.

I know exactely how you feel. In all the years that I had pairs, I never really had the time to properly grieve for one piggy, because the partner needed a new companion asap.
But the new piggy never replaced the lost one. It's more of a new start.

In the last couple of years, I have kept them in a group of four to six. There always comes a time when I fall in love with every pig I see. During these times, there is a certain risk that I take in a new piggy. :cool: But it also has to do with succession planing because it can be easier to introduce a new piggy into a bigger group than a smaller one. It's usually at time when I feel uncomfortable about one of them, without being able to put my finger on it why I'm feeling uncomfortable. (If that makes any sense.)
But in the weeks or even months after loosing one, I'm not in the mood to take in a new piggy.

The only exception is when we loose the group's husboar. And I'm dreading the day we have to say goodbye to Odi already. The girls are usually very subdued without a boar, but finding a suitable new one and the bonding will be quite a challenge.
Yes I know what you mean. 😍

I also understand the pressure of losing the husboar. Let’s hope Odi has many, many, many more happy days with you and his wives. 🤞🏻😍

Thank you @fluffysal. That’s exactly what I did. I thought do I want to continue the piggy cycle? Yes. So get Pebble a friend as soon as possible so he’s not alone for long. But it didn’t give me much time to grieve for Pepper.
The cycle of love and grief is a tough one but yet so rewarding. Our hearts break so theirs don’t have to :).

Back