• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Time to say goodbye?

Thank you.

It was particularly hard when Nancy was upset. But she suddenly decided things are fine now, which makes me feel a lot less sad. She is wanting a lot of extra attention. I'm normally out for about 12 hours on a Thursday. Managed to come home couple of hours earlier because I didn't want Nancy to be alone all day. I do want a friend for Nancy, I'm waiting to hear about one. But I'm relieved she is doing okay now.

I have been less sad today. I have grieved for Pumpkin multiple times this year. We've had some very close calls. I have a blanket from ASDA that looks a bit like Nancy and Pumpkin together. At the vets I had Pumpkin wrapped in it while I was saying goodbye. So been sleeping hugging it. Sounds weird but brings me comfort. Miss Pumpkin hugs. Nancy doesn't do hugs, so got to respect that.

I know I did the right thing for Pumpkin, sometimes feel a slight amount of guilt that I 'gave up on her' when I haven't given up on Nancy's issues. But it is a different situation. Pumpkin kept needing operations and her bladder was not likely fixable.
i held my boys close in my arms and on my chest, i had the top not washed for few days kept it close to me later near pen for the others and the carrier that had my sevrus and his towel i left it near pens for few weeks The other boys would go snuggle by it and it helped them. Your not weird to have the blanket near you at all. Glad Nancy is doing well be kind to yourself!

Also....forgive my ignorance what is IC ? i likely will say when you tell me omg i should have known that but i would rather ask ..

I'm so glad Nancy is doing good all things considered and I'm sure it was nice for both of you to get home a bit earlier today. I'm sure when you're both ready Nancy will be there with her best frock on trying to impress the next piggie that walks through the door.

The blanket thing is not weird at all. My rabbit had a soft toy rabbit which she would wash and play with and it would always go to the vets with her. I slept with that toy bunny for months after I lost her, the only reason I stopped was because I wanted to preserve her smell and not have it smell like me otherwise I would still be sleeping with it now. Times like these you need your comfort objects and if yours is the blanket Pumpkin was with at the vets that's not weird at all.

It's nice to hear your sadness hasn't been too heavy today, as bad as it may sound, as hard as it is to lose her, there must be a small amount of relief for both you and her so you should make the most of the lighter moments and or days.

I hope Nancy continues to do okay and the days get easier on you both xx
Thank you. I can totally get sleeping with the toy bunny, specially when it was a fond item of hers. Pumpkin's favourite stuff was hay & a carrot house. Not too comfy to sleep with 🤣.

i held my boys close in my arms and on my chest, i had the top not washed for few days kept it close to me later near pen for the others and the carrier that had my sevrus and his towel i left it near pens for few weeks The other boys would go snuggle by it and it helped them. Your not weird to have the blanket near you at all. Glad Nancy is doing well be kind to yourself!
Thank you. I've not washed the beds etc so Nancy can have some of Pumpkins scent still.

Also....forgive my ignorance what is IC ? i likely will say when you tell me omg i should have known that but i would rather ask ..
Nancy gets pain sometimes when weeing. It varies how much but unfortunately her IC has been quite severe. It stands for interstitial cystitis. It can look like your piggie has bladder stones or a urine infection symptom wise but Nancy doesn't have either.

Back