The Goblin Diaries (previously Quitting Smoking)

Definitely don't, lol. We watched 3 films that night - The Room, The Disaster Artist (based on a book, written by one of the actors in The Room about the film's background and everything else), and Trolls 2. It managed to be worse than Trolls 2 and that's not easy, lol.

It's up there, but The Room...there's no explanation that'll suffice for just how bad it is. I got through it only because that was the night I discovered cherry cola and coconut rum taste amazing when mixed.
I'm surprised you remembered anything about it, even the fact you'd watched a film!

The problem is I might be missing snippets from when I went for a smoke too, but the whole film is so badly disjointed it's really hard to know.

Today was my turn. Sorry, Goblins.

Thursday is bin day. We all put our bins by a gate and another resident puts them out proper, the gate's finicky and it's easier this was. One house is unoccupied. Dunno about one of the others, they store their bins in a shed. Two houses did have their bins. Mine was...somewhere. I did check by the gate, nothing was there. I could tell from the window the large industrial bins for the road side of the terrace were still on the street so I figured whatever, mine's probably there and if it's not I'll ring the council...probably not tomorrow, but at some point.

So then I heard what sounded like a knock at the door? But when I moved I managed to kick over the fan at my feet (it's there for a legit reason, I swear) and it started making some very not-good noises. I switched it off to check the door and I could hear a woman talking, but by the time I'm at the door there's nobody in view on the street but hey, my bin's back! Sweet. Realise I should bring the goblins something back up the stairs. Select a bag of parsley because I'm lazy and can take the rest back later. Get upstairs, goblins are excited, I open the bag and...gross. It's all in a wet clump at the bottom and the smell is something else. Riiiight. Go back downstairs, dump bag contents into brown bin, find some more parsley in a different bag that's still good, give goblins parsley.

Stage II - fix the fan. Took a good amount of 🤷‍♂️ , :td:, :cen:, 😠 and 😣 but I got there. Remind me never to do that again though because it felt like I just did the same thing repeatedly til it decided to stop mucking about.

It's too warm for this nonsense, lol.

I'd laugh, everything's working fine again now and I've even got the smell of dodgy parsley out of my nose lol. I had an internally mouldy pepper today too, I should probably turn the fridge up or something.

I'm having the same problem with veg. Don't think turning the fridge up will help, I suspect storage at the shop in the hot weather is to blame. They don't keep lettuce, cucumber, pepper etc in fridges so it will have got pretty hot.

I'm having the same problem with veg. Don't think turning the fridge up will help, I suspect storage at the shop in the hot weather is to blame. They don't keep lettuce, cucumber, pepper etc in fridges so it will have got pretty hot.

I've turned it up for now because even my Coke wasn't the coldest, but yeah, it's not going to change much I don't think. The other two peppers in the bag look fine - one definitely was because I've let the goblins have it, but I can't see anything on the second one. There was something not quite right with the dodgy one but you couldn't tell what externally, but it's at least not furry mould.

People have asked me why I overbuy veg. This is why. Something will always go off and I need backups.

Well done on day 474🌟
I think veg especially coriander is a bit hit and miss atm

I love the adventures in your house …..whether it’s the goblins or you 🥰

I've genuinely just watched Cam insist on drinking with his head upside down. He can drink normally and was drinking normally and then started twisting his head upside down and I wish I understood why, lol.

Then Bann was eating a hay cookie. Cam wanted some. Bann did the push up nose thing. Cam acquiesced. Bann ate some more. Cam waited til Bann's attention was momentarily distracted and grabbed the cookie instead.

Now they're both sharing, nose to nose, and making sure they both can grab it.

Weirdos :wub:

Changed my sheets yesterday. The new ones had a thing "wash before first use" but I kinda needed to change the sheets so straight to the bed they go. Washing sheets in the old washing machine was...fun. Half the time it'd decide there wasn't enough weight in them so it wouldn't spin, the other half was that soaking wet sheets unbalanced it...so it also wouldn't spin. New washing machine, let's hope it spins.

Had to swap out my quilt too because the old one needs washed and I hate this one. It's new so it's got that "new quilt" quirk to it and nooooo. It won't fold flat, it's...bouncy. I don't want a bouncy quilt I want my old one back, lol. But sheets first.

And then because I'm still half in a panic over Monday I'm playing videogames all day. There's not much else I can do though tbf. Breathe, right?

Helped someone else with a new vape purchase last night though and it feels good to be able to help someone out no matter what.

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread, I haven't really been on the forum much lately. I'll have to read back to see what is happening on Monday but I hope it goes really well for you.
Its not long now until day 500! I hope its an exciting finale 🎉🎉 But then what? Will the thread finish?😥
Congratulations on day 476🌟

Well my original plan was to count to #505, which came from Reddit - my first number in a sub was #505 and a few of us were chatting in a thread about it, and it seemed like a good number to set on. As for once I'm done, I've no idea. I've managed to turn it into my own informal chat thread which is all well and good but can I keep that up? No idea. I'll get next week over and then look at it from there I think, assuming next week goes as planned anyway.

Bann's unimpressed with me because the hay landed on his head again :bal: pretty sure he thinks I do it on purpose now. Also Cam fell asleep in the bed earlier and woke up just as I opened the hay box., but only moved his head once I actually had the hay out lol. Bann's protesting at the heat now by sleeping on the roof of the bed. I think. Cam might have stood on him in bed again. It's like neither of them ever learn.

I gave them the cardboard from the bedding last night too, the one for the sheet's a bit skinny but they've been eating at it, the one for the quilt and pillows is chunky enough it's not a makeshift hiding place. I need to find Cam some more cardboard trays. Hmm.

I'd given them a couple of pepper slices the other day and while they ate I was tossing the remaining slices into various places around the cage, right up until one point where Bann decides to back up for no apparent reason and gets pinged with a pepper slice on the hip, and then gets huffy at me for it. And as for hay, it's always landing on his head. When I was at the end of the last box of hay, there's always a few dusty bits and it was like he'd be wearing a hay dust coat.

Bann has that side-eye, "are you (bleep)ing kidding me" look going on. Cam just looks confused. "Wait, what did I miss?" before Bann swipes his food again. They're both absolute clowns, and Cam's still insisting on drinking with his head upside down. I can't put the bottles any higher on the grids unless I stack a second grid on tip but he's got plenty of room to drink. Although I guarantee if I moved the bottle so he didn't feel he had to do it, he'd then get huffy at me because I moved the bottle. As you do.

The entire house looks like a bomb's hit it, lol. Because I washed the bedsheets today (three pillowcases, 2 fitted sheets, two duvet covers) well, it needs to dry somewhere right? And where? Doors. So there's a fitted sheet on one kitchen door and a duvet cover on the other, there's a fitted sheet over the head of the armchair, there's a pillowcase on top of two pairs of jeans on the seat of the armchair, there's a pillowcase on the sofa, there's a pillowcase on the bannister at the bottom of the stairs, and there's a duvet cover over the bedroom door. And for the goblins' sake I used their detergent because mine's scented. My skin doesn't like the Persil much. I knew this, I washed my sheets in it anyway lol. So much to do, so much time to waste not doing it. :bal:

Back