The Frank Aka Frankelteeny Appreciation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha silly boy :) hes so tiny as well. One of my girls is really dinky at 850g but less than 700g is tiny!
I'll weigh him now, he was 608g yesterday, awwh he was snuggled up to humpy. He weighed 633g today (Bert weight 856g). But he did recently have a treat of a leaf of lettuce! :)
Aww bless her, is she just a naturally small pig or?

I'll weigh him now, he was 608g yesterday, awwh he was snuggled up to humpy. He weighed 633g today (Bert weight 856g). But he did recently have a treat of a leaf of lettuce! :)
Aww bless her, is she just a naturally small pig or?

Berts a small piggy too! Bless :)

Her and her half sister are quite small anyway, maybe due to bad start in life when they babies. She also had a baby very young which may or may not have caused her to grow even less so. Another of their sisters (who is also quite small) had one big baby who at last weight in was a hefty 1.3 kg!

Berts a small piggy too! Bless :)

Her and her half sister are quite small anyway, maybe due to bad start in life when they babies. She also had a baby very young which may or may not have caused her to grow even less so. Another of their sisters (who is also quite small) had one big baby who at last weight in was a hefty 1.3 kg!

Bert's only 5 months haha :')

Aww bless them and bless her for being put through that at such a young age :(, I think that's Frank's issue - he lived in a small 75cm & then 100cm cage for the first year of his life and had a poor diet with no hay etc. just muesli and was bedded on sawdust.

Gosh, that is a hefty baby! haha!

How many do you have?

Bert's only 5 months haha :')

Aww bless them and bless her for being put through that at such a young age :(, I think that's Frank's issue - he lived in a small 75cm & then 100cm cage for the first year of his life and had a poor diet with no hay etc. just muesli and was bedded on sawdust.

Gosh, that is a hefty baby! haha!

How many do you have?

Haha bert has a good excuse then! Did he come from the rescue?

I have four, two boys, two girls :)

Haha bert has a good excuse then! Did he come from the rescue?

I have four, two boys, two girls :)
Is the cost much higher to have four?

He does indeed! Nope, I had a bit of a melt down time after something went wrong and Frank was in the vets for a check up (when he used to go V4P), and I saw Bert... and I dunno, out of all the others he was the one that didn't seem to be able to work out the water bottle and wasn't eating the pellets and I ummed and arred for ages, and then thought 'sod it' I'll take him, took me a few weeks but I got him eating and drinking! He's such a little character. :)

If I did ever get more I'd get them from Suzy :)

Is the cost much higher to have four?

He does indeed! Nope, I had a bit of a melt down time after something went wrong and Frank was in the vets for a check up (when he used to go V4P), and I saw Bert... and I dunno, out of all the others he was the one that didn't seem to be able to work out the water bottle and wasn't eating the pellets and I ummed and arred for ages, and then thought 'sod it' I'll take him, took me a few weeks but I got him eating and drinking! He's such a little character. :)

If I did ever get more I'd get them from Suzy :)

Well, fuzzbert definitely has a lovely home now! Thats so sweet he couldn't work the water bottle.

Well, I'm able to care for four no problem, cleanout takes 15 mins, they go through a bale of bedding every month and a half and have about one hay bale and one bag of nuggets every 3 weeks to a month. However if I had 6 pigs it would be too much to handle. There's the increased risk of vet bills too! Although 3 of mine are under a year old and looking very healthy currently :)

Well, fuzzbert definitely has a lovely home now! Thats so sweet he couldn't work the water bottle.

Well, I'm able to care for four no problem, cleanout takes 15 mins, they go through a bale of bedding every month and a half and have about one hay bale and one bag of nuggets every 3 weeks to a month. However if I had 6 pigs it would be too much to handle. There's the increased risk of vet bills too! Although 3 of mine are under a year old and looking very healthy currently :)

I asked the OH if I could have the mum and baby Suzy posted, as the baby's birthday is the same day as mine... But no, wasnt a good enough excuse :(! Haha!

What bedding do you use? I have to use fleece for Franks legs and Bert can't cope with any dusty bedding!

That's not too bad then!

Yes vet bills are the issue I think that is why the OH says no, Frank was and is our first piggy and we've had all the issues but then again, within a week of having Bert he has a cold but 'touch wood' despite dusty bedding he's been okay and I pray it continues that way!

I asked the OH if I could have the mum and baby Suzy posted, as the baby's birthday is the same day as mine... But no, wasnt a good enough excuse :(! Haha!

What bedding do you use? I have to use fleece for Franks legs and Bert can't cope with any dusty bedding!

That's not too bad then!

Yes vet bills are the issue I think that is why the OH says no, Frank was and is our first piggy and we've had all the issues but then again, within a week of having Bert he has a cold but 'touch wood' despite dusty bedding he's been okay and I pray it continues that way!

Finacard bedding because the boys poo and wee for britain and that keeps the smell down the best! The girls will soon be switching to fleece cage liners when it's in my budget though as it makes them much more confident.

Ohh do you mean Livvy and her mummy?

Finacard bedding because the boys poo and wee for britain and that keeps the smell down the best! The girls will soon be switching to fleece cage liners when it's in my budget though as it makes them much more confident.

Ohh do you mean Livvy and her mummy?

Could be them birthday was 5th Nov :)

I've never heard of that before! :) is it just cardboard?

Could be them birthday was 5th Nov :)

I've never heard of that before! :) is it just cardboard?

Can't remember when livvy was born, but then there have plenty of babies born there so might not be her!

Yes its shredded cardboard, and this time I've ordered the paper litter tray stuff as well which seems pretty good.

Can't remember when livvy was born, but then there have plenty of babies born there so might not be her!

Yes its shredded cardboard, and this time I've ordered the paper litter tray stuff as well which seems pretty good.
It twas indeed Livvy and her mumma :)

Oh that's cool, I tried fitch but Frank couldn't walk and Bert wouldn't stop sneezing!

It twas indeed Livvy and her mumma :)

Oh that's cool, I tried fitch but Frank couldn't walk and Bert wouldn't stop sneezing!

I found Livvys mum and her 3 friends being advertised for free on gumtree a few months ago, with the females stated as being pregnant. Tried to convince the owners to hand them over, and a month later they finally phoned the rescue to hand them over. Thankfully that meant little Livvy was born in the best place! Shes an adorable baby and her mummy is so sweet.

Not many people seem to use finacard! I quite like it though as it does the job for my smelly boys :)

I found Livvys mum and her 3 friends being advertised for free on gumtree a few months ago, with the females stated as being pregnant. Tried to convince the owners to hand them over, and a month later they finally phoned the rescue to hand them over. Thankfully that meant little Livvy was born in the best place! Shes an adorable baby and her mummy is so sweet.

Not many people seem to use finacard! I quite like it though as it does the job for my smelly boys :)

Awwh, well done you! Is that the other mother also, with the baby that passed away? and now her and her other baby have been adopted? :)

She was certainly born in the best place!

If it does the job then its worth it!

Awwh, well done you! Is that the other mother also, with the baby that passed away? and now her and her other baby have been adopted? :)

She was certainly born in the best place!

If it does the job then its worth it!

Thats the ones! The females also arrived with two males, one of whom sadly died, and the other who went on a successful boar date and was subsequently rehomed :)

Aside from that blatant fib... isn't Tixylix for four year old girls?!
I was going to say something along the lines of **** GLITTER. Then thought no m, best not, already having him nearly on RSPCA watch list, best not get childline involved too...

But yes it's for children... And a more appropriate reply is, he has the mindset of a 4 year old girlie, hence the glitter shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back