The Frank Aka Frankelteeny Appreciation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look for a piggy sized, toddler-safe humping toy. I understand that Rattie from Ikea has been quite a favourite in past years. Wash the toy and ideally rub it over the boy/boys first, so it smells "right".

Look for a piggy sized, toddler-safe humping toy. I understand that Rattie from Ikea has been quite a favourite in past years. Wash the toy and ideally rub it over the boy/boys first, so it smells "right".

So I should run it over Frank?
Was defo child safe! Checked that!

Suzy said about Rattie, but i can't get there and she said there hard to get! So she said about child safe toys, especially a polar bear but Cai couldnt find one of them haha!

I can also now pronounce your name correctly! :)

Thank you!

Should have picked up a trolley load of ratties when I was in ikea recently. Suzy swears by them for her piggies haha ! I wonder if ikea know what they get bought for...
Yup! Should have done! Haha!
I wonder.... :o

You could also run it over Bert, that would be even more exciting for Frank... :)
Frank doesn't mount, he'd probably cuddle up to it! So I may do! Haha :')

My boys have had a doggy toy before when Monty was overdoing the humping, but he just slumped onto it sulking and used it as a pillow because he wasn't top pig yet :))

image.webp
Sleepy boy!

Weighed him yesterday and he was 608g, think it's because the new food has little fat in it. So spoke to Helen, and I'm going to be adding a bit of grated beetroot on his food and he'll be getting bought the burgess excel again, and having that seperate. As he can't keep losing weight, seeing as he's special needs and I'm surprised Lance never mentioned his weight :/ but then he doesn't want him above 700g.

View attachment 21512
Sleepy boy!

Weighed him yesterday and he was 608g, think it's because the new food has little fat in it. So spoke to Helen, and I'm going to be adding a bit of grated beetroot on his food and he'll be getting bought the burgess excel again, and having that seperate. As he can't keep losing weight, seeing as he's special needs and I'm surprised Lance never mentioned his weight :/ but then he doesn't want him above 700g.
Aww, which pellets was he on currently? Or has he always been on burgess.

My elderly piggy is currently being fed on a teaspoon of bran and oats to keep his weight and fibre up. Would this be a good idea for frank?

Just for the sake of being nosey what are his special needs?

Edit: he generally gets bran and oats 2 or 3 times a week, not every day

Last edited:
My elderly piggy is currently being fed on a teaspoon of bran and oats to keep his weight and fibre up. Would this be a good idea for frank?

Just for the sake of being nosey what are his special needs?

He's recovering from a bone infection and has very bad arthritis, he has much more bone growing than he should and he's only like 1.5/2 years old - the x-rays looks so weird. And he has a bridged spine, so he's a bit of a hunchback bless him! :(

It could be? I did ask someone about Bran before but they wasn't too sure it would do much? But if it would work and be cheaper than the burgess, then I'd give it a go.

He's recovering from a bone infection and has very bad arthritis, he has much more bone growing than he should and he's only like 1.5/2 years old - the x-rays looks so weird. And he has a bridged spine, so he's a bit of a hunchback bless him! :(

It could be? I did ask someone about Bran before but they wasn't too sure it would do much? But if it would work and be cheaper than the burgess, then I'd give it a go.

Oh poor boy! He really is special needs.

It was actually suzy who suggested eddie had some bran to supplement his diet when he had some weight loss. She also recommended oats for my girls who were struggling a little to put on weight when they were growing. So it may be a good idea, eddie loves the mix of oats and bran and I have to keep it away from his cagemate who keeps stealing it and getting a bit chubby! Ask somebody first though, frank sounds fragile so I wouldnt recommend anything without experienced advice.

Oh poor boy! He really is special needs.

It was actually suzy who suggested eddie had some bran to supplement his diet when he had some weight loss. She also recommended oats for my girls who were struggling a little to put on weight when they were growing. So it may be a good idea, eddie loves the mix of oats and bran and I have to keep it away from his cagemate who keeps stealing it and getting a bit chubby! Ask somebody first though, frank sounds fragile so I wouldnt recommend anything without experienced advice.

Yeah I think that's why I was told before not to use them because he's such a delicate little thing. When my friend Becs was looking after them whilst I went home for a a few weeks at christmas, she loved him haha, he's a right little character! He refused to walk for Lance at the vets the other day too! Diva much? ahaha. I don't think he liked the american intern things small talk tbh, and he probably felt exposed and violated haha! He's getting stronger though, and he still runs around, just need to boost his weight up now, that's the main thing, I'd like him to be atleast 750g, but I'll compromise with Lance and get him to 725g haha, at 700 he was still so frail - mind you, he has a chubby belly - it's the rest. :)

Yeah I think that's why I was told before not to use them because he's such a delicate little thing. When my friend Becs was looking after them whilst I went home for a a few weeks at christmas, she loved him haha, he's a right little character! He refused to walk for Lance at the vets the other day too! Diva much? ahaha. I don't think he liked the american intern things small talk tbh, and he probably felt exposed and violated haha! He's getting stronger though, and he still runs around, just need to boost his weight up now, that's the main thing, I'd like him to be atleast 750g, but I'll compromise with Lance and get him to 725g haha, at 700 he was still so frail - mind you, he has a chubby belly - it's the rest. :)

Haha silly boy :) hes so tiny as well. One of my girls is really dinky at 850g but less than 700g is tiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back