The Beastie Boys

Sorry to hear this. Your plan seems like a good one. A few months break made all the difference for our two. In the end it all hinges on them both agreeing who is dominant, in our case the challenger, who had been very determined, ended up having second thoughts about pursuing the top spot.

As an aside, I believe research currently suggests humans don't actually have pheromones. Guinea pigs, however, are very sensitive to signs of stress e.g. in the voice, so they will still pick it up. When they are in the midst of a dominance dispute, however, they are probably too preoccupied to care how we are feeling!

Sorry to hear this. Your plan seems like a good one. A few months break made all the difference for our two. In the end it all hinges on them both agreeing who is dominant, in our case the challenger, who had been very determined, ended up having second thoughts about pursuing the top spot.
Knowing my boys as well as I do, I firmly believe that D.S.George would step down if the challenge was whole hearted/more developed (does that make sense?) As it stands it's interspersed with submissive behaviour, which is why I interpret it as fear aggressive.
All of the negative yesterday was from M.M.Boris. D.S.George explored, noticed they were together, did a little rumblestrut that turned into a popcorn, gave a nose bump then started eating hay. Every time M.M.Boris started teeth chattering, the initial response from D.S.George was to start grooming then ignore it while eating hay.

It sounds very similar to my Popchop, he didn't really have a plan, he was just a ball of swagger and bad manners. He wouldn't even initiate a contest properly, just barge in. Kept pushing and pushing and eventually nearly lost an ear for it! When we finally reintroduced him, it's as if he looked at Fuzzable and realised "good grief you are actually quite big, aren't you?" and gave up on the whole project.

I feel very honoured right now. D.S.George does enjoy lap time but his preferred method is to sploot while being stroked. IMG-20240623-WA0000.webp
Tonight however he decided that a cuddle was the way to do it. Instead of a quick hug followed by climbing down to spread out, he stayed in my arms, ate two pea flakes, licked my arm then told me about his busy day before giving a big sigh and settling in my arms....
WITH HIS EYES FULLY CLOSED!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The boys just had a chat and nose bumps at the divider, then both had a fit of popcorns 🥰

Back