The Beastie Boys

After observing between the bars interactions and thinking (hoping) that M.M.Boris has matured enough to not be a brat to D.S.George now, we have decided to attempt another bonding session tomorrow. We maybe seperated too soon last time but didn't want things to get to the point of no return.
I'm very nervous about it. Wish me luck.

After observing between the bars interactions and thinking (hoping) that M.M.Boris has matured enough to not be a brat to D.S.George now, we have decided to attempt another bonding session tomorrow. We maybe seperated too soon last time but didn't want things to get to the point of no return.
I'm very nervous about it. Wish me luck.
Good luck! It would be great to have them back together again ❤️

Good luck tomorrow. I am in a similar situation, only mine never lived together. I think that whatever happens, they would still be happy living as neighbours.

FAIL
I don't know if it's relevant but hubby came back into the room. He was REALLY stressed by it all, can our pheromones be a factor? He then thought he was doing the right thing and stopped them squaring up by herding Master Boris away then kept him in a corner for a moment using a spare grid. I stopped it but it tipped the poor boy over the edge and he then lunged for Sir George.
We separated them again and will not try again until next year.
There were too many good signals to never try again, constantly eating hay, a couple of piggy trains and lots of grooming. Master Boris was much improved with his fear aggressive reactions since last time so hopefully even more maturity will make a difference.
It was lovely seeing them together again and Sir George gave a popcorn when he realised they were together.
Next time will be the last try and failure means the plum fairy whether hubby likes it or not!

Aw I’m sorry it didn’t work out, it sounds like you made the right call and have a good plan moving forward though. Hopefully Master Boris continues to mellow!

Sorry to hear this afternoon did not quite go to plan. I hope your boys have relaxed back into neighbourly living.

When we found out about Master Boris he was 6 months old (?) We were told he had needed to be quarantined when he was younger and couldn't bond once he was better. We have no idea how long he was living on his own, poor little love didn't even have bar buddies so he never learned how to behave. D.S.George, being the chilled lil dude that he is, has always been (and still is) very patient with him but is not much older so his tolerance did eventually fray.
I did like seeing them together again.

Back