Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Was afraid I would be hearing from the GPU. :whistle:
The threat of the GPU has most piggy owners quaking in their boots!

Luckily for you The One and Only Thea has been off gallivanting on her holidays and arrives back tomorrow morning so hasn't got to hear of your misdemeanours. She only responds to the really serious cases when she's on holiday and even then she gets told of by The Very Lovely Lexi because she's on holiday and therefore should be relaxing!

The threat of the GPU has most piggy owners quaking in their boots!

Luckily for you The One and Only Thea has been off gallivanting on her holidays and arrives back tomorrow morning so hasn't got to hear of your misdemeanours. She only responds to the really serious cases when she's on holiday and even then she gets told of by The Very Lovely Lexi because she's on holiday and therefore should be relaxing!
I agree with the Very Lovely Lexi! :nod: The One and Only Thea really shouldn't work while on holiday. Working on behalf of the GPU she has to set a good example. :whistle:

I'll ask here because you guys are smart - is there anywhere I can look up whether my sewing machine can take generic feet? I need a quarter inch foot, but I only have one for the Jones and I'm missing the power cable for it, so I'd have to hand crank it.

I'd still love to know what happened to that power cable. But meh.

I'll ask here because you guys are smart - is there anywhere I can look up whether my sewing machine can take generic feet? I need a quarter inch foot, but I only have one for the Jones and I'm missing the power cable for it, so I'd have to hand crank it.

Yeah I have no patience and I caved and bought a replacement cable+pedal for the Jones lol. Not that I mind hand cranking, but...y'know. Now that I have the space to sew again, I feel like I should. But one machine has the foot I want and the other one has the power cable. 🤷‍♂️

I would say, if you use Facebook, hit up a group called sewing and s**t UK (without the * obviously, don't want the forum banning me for foul language). It's a huge group, really friendly and someone on there is likely to know the answer.

I would say, if you use Facebook, hit up a group called sewing and s**t UK (without the * obviously, don't want the forum banning me for foul language). It's a huge group, really friendly and someone on there is likely to know the answer.

Oooh neat, thank you. I'm fairly certain the Husqvarna can take generic ones, it's the Jones that needs a screwdriver taken to it when stuff needs swapped, everything needs screwing in.

I've enough squares to do stuff with, but the foot would make putting them together easier. £40 for a replacement power cable though :td: I'd love to know wtf I did with the other cable, it's a weird thing to go missing. PayPal let me do it over 3 payments rather than immediately, so at least there's that.

Oooh neat, thank you. I'm fairly certain the Husqvarna can take generic ones, it's the Jones that needs a screwdriver taken to it when stuff needs swapped, everything needs screwing in.

I've enough squares to do stuff with, but the foot would make putting them together easier. £40 for a replacement power cable though :td: I'd love to know wtf I did with the other cable, it's a weird thing to go missing. PayPal let me do it over 3 payments rather than immediately, so at least there's that.

It's one of those things, people will know if they have the same machine and some people on that group have a whole host of machines. Me?! I wouldn't even know if my machine would take generic feet or not because it came with a load so it's not something I've ever had to think about

It's one of those things, people will know if they have the same machine and some people on that group have a whole host of machines. Me?! I wouldn't even know if my machine would take generic feet or not because it came with a load so it's not something I've ever had to think about

I was talking with my mum earlier about the squares because I haven't touched the machine in a while, and they're 2 1/2, and 3 1/2, in squares. The 1/4" foot would work with them nicely, but the videocall was to show me what she was talking about. The husqvarna has a couple of other feet but not what I need, and the foot on the Jones isn't a 1/4" but it would work. I'd handcrank it if I had to, though, but it's awkward without the light.

The Jones is old enough to have...I'll call it compatibility issues. Also I stared at it for ages earlier and had to ask my mum "...how do I get the drawer compartment opened again?" :doh: It's worth the new cable though, 35 years and counting.

I was talking with my mum earlier about the squares because I haven't touched the machine in a while, and they're 2 1/2, and 3 1/2, in squares. The 1/4" foot would work with them nicely, but the videocall was to show me what she was talking about. The husqvarna has a couple of other feet but not what I need, and the foot on the Jones isn't a 1/4" but it would work. I'd handcrank it if I had to, though, but it's awkward without the light.

The Jones is old enough to have...I'll call it compatibility issues. Also I stared at it for ages earlier and had to ask my mum "...how do I get the drawer compartment opened again?" :doh: It's worth the new cable though, 35 years and counting.
To be fair I have seen both brands talked about as being proper "work horses". I think compatibility issues is for more modern machines when there are so many options for buyers and brands want to ensure that someone buys only their brand.

To be fair I have seen both brands talked about as being proper "work horses". I think compatibility issues is for more modern machines when there are so many options for buyers and brands want to ensure that someone buys only their brand.

Yeah, but ease of access/installation has come a long way. The older one requires disassembly with a screwdriver to change feet, the newer one (thankfully) doesn't. That said, the older one is designed to make it much easier for me to replace broken pieces or stuff like the light bulb. Always a plus.

I drew this Jaguar portrait a while ago from a tutorial on YouTube called "how 2 draw animals". It's a great YouTube channel which I highly recommend if anyone wants to draw animals like this.

IMG_20221026_194636_2.webp

I think it was a great idea to post a thread where people can share their art and craft! 😊

None of these match. Most of the larger square piles are colour coordinated, but not all, and none of the smaller ones are. The smaller ones are just in an order that means they're clashing with the squares around them.

Larger squares in piles of 9 for 3x3, smaller ones in piles of 16 for 4x4.

DSC_1115.webp

I drew this Jaguar portrait a while ago from a tutorial on YouTube called "how 2 draw animals". It's a great YouTube channel which I highly recommend if anyone wants to draw animals like this.

View attachment 213140

I think it was a great idea to post a thread where people can share their art and craft! 😊

That’s beautiful.

None of these match. Most of the larger square piles are colour coordinated, but not all, and none of the smaller ones are. The smaller ones are just in an order that means they're clashing with the squares around them.

View attachment 213141

There’s a lot there. What are you going to make with them all?

There’s a lot there. What are you going to make with them all?

I genuinely don't know. The plan right now is just to get them into their larger, sewn together squares and then going from there, but they're why I wanted the 1/4" foot, it's a perfect size for the seams.

View attachment 213141

The quilt is going to look beautiful! I love all of the colors. You could order them to rainbow color order. Or you could shade them from dark to light; a friend of mine made a quilt in that color order/pattern and it was really neat to look at.

The quilt is going to look beautiful! I love all of the colors. You could order them to rainbow color order. Or you could shade them from dark to light; a friend of mine made a quilt in that color order/pattern and it was really neat to look at.

I'm good with not having a coordinated scheme for it, mismatched suits me perfectly lol. Which is good because I somehow have so many floral squares it's unreal, also there's a bunch have been starched which feels odd. Who starches off cuts like that, and was it me? :))

Looks good to me.

The seams aren't quite even, but for random patches it's not bad at all. Every square is cotton, some better quality than others, so they stretch more (or less), pinch more (or less) and the outer edges will need evened out at some point, but I'm not unhappy with it.

The seams aren't quite even, but for random patches it's not bad at all. Every square is cotton, some better quality than others, so they stretch more (or less), pinch more (or less) and the outer edges will need evened out at some point, but I'm not unhappy with it.
I like that and I think the slight unevenness of a handmade quilt gives it a character that you don’t find in mass produced stuff.

Back