Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

I wish I could sew. My Mum was an excellent seamstress and could make anything. Unfortunately, I never inherited that gene!

A family member recently had a baby, so it was good excuse to sew lots of teeny tiny things.
I think I am done with pink for a while now though.
I am selfishly hoping that the kid gets really into dragons or dinosaurs when they are a bit older!

View attachment 205424

Jessica's the opposite. I never put her in pink unless it was something someone else brought her and I felt obliged to. She still loves dinosaurs but now often likes to pick out pink and unicorns 🙄

Jessica's the opposite. I never put her in pink unless it was something someone else brought her and I felt obliged to. She still loves dinosaurs but now often likes to pick out pink and unicorns 🙄
My granddaughter was the same. Always wore dinosaurs and now she's a bit older picking out pink, purple and unicorns. Must admit most things I buy her have guinea pigs on though!

I avoided the blue and pink for my children. In fact my son was given a pink fleece blanket by my sisters friend. Cue people asking if he’s a girl. He absolutely LOVED that fleece though, until it was swapped for a cream one 🤣

One of the reasons I started sewing was because DD2 loved dinosaurs, and we really struggled to find dinosaur clothes that fit her - she would happily pick shorts from the boys department, but they were always huge around the waist. Plus with quite limited clothing choices here (this was 15 years ago - it has improved) she hated when she would wear a t-shirt from the boys department of a popular chain store to school, and get teased by the boys when one of them had the same shirt.
So I started sewing so she could have all the dinosaur, seahorse and dragon clothing that she wanted.
DD1 on the other hand loved everything pink, frilly and unicorn themed from the start!

IMG-20220616-WA0004.webpIMG-20220616-WA0003.webp

Intermediate class started last weds, I have picked this star for my centre piece and the materials. It's done by foundation piecing onto paper. I had a go at a piece using some scraps to understand the process.
1655668223271283294400583566490.webp
So instead of making blocks I will make a centre and build outwards, creating borders or small blocks using different techniques to build it outwards.

View attachment 205726View attachment 205727

Intermediate class started last weds, I have picked this star for my centre piece and the materials. It's done by foundation piecing onto paper. I had a go at a piece using some scraps to understand the process.
View attachment 205728
So instead of making blocks I will make a centre and build outwards, creating borders or small blocks using different techniques to build it outwards.
I am in awe - it sounds like you are learning so many great techniques, and I think you have a real eye for colour too.

I am in awe - it sounds like you are learning so many great techniques, and I think you have a real eye for colour too.
Thank you, took me ages to pick the materials, so much to choose from, but I chose the one that I really liked and chose matching colours from there, there are a couple of others designs within the range I'm hoping to incorporate but they are directional so it might make it a bit tricky, it's a 5 week rolling course so I have a lot to learn!
I also wanted it to be quite different colour wise from the first one, although I really loved the colours and was so pleased with it, I felt this should be really different.

Ooh I like the one with blue 👍🏾

It's that blue one from before. Could've been a lot worse, really you need all 16 strands to be the same thread and thickness which they weren't, the blue was slightly thinner than the others.

It's that blue one from before. Could've been a lot worse, really you need all 16 strands to be the same thread and thickness which they weren't, the blue was slightly thinner than the others.
Don’t care still like it 😁

Back