Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Nice! I like the first parrot.

I’m working on a grey sweater but nothing much to write home about just yet. Sleeves are done and I’m working on the front.

I don't seem to be able to send you one. Would it work if you send me a PM instead?

I like your colour combos @Lorcan, how do you choose them?

Honestly, there's no real thought process there. I cut my threads in advance because it's a royal pain to cut new ones every time I finish. So I'll get one hank of thread, cut them into 8 thread piles...and then see what I have left that has some sort of contrasting properties with the pile of 8. And I do most of them in 8/4/4. This is my excuse for buying like....60 hanks at a time, lol. Can't have everything looking the same, right?

That’s impressive though. You obviously have some kind of colour sense then.

Well I’ve not yet touched the knitting. Went on Facebook and now I’m washing my hair to get ready for its beautification on Monday 💃

Well I’ve not yet touched the knitting. Went on Facebook and now I’m washing my hair to get ready for its beautification on Monday 💃
Are you doing the hair beautification? or is someone else doing it for you? Before and after piccies required please!

Honestly, it's just practice, and taking a leap of faith that something won't look horrendously weird at the end. I've done macramé and other thread-based stuff since I was in primary school. Much of the braiding is...I don't want to say luck, but it's not planned. I could work out what colours will end up where and next to what in the braid proper, but it's not really much fun. I prefer to just hook the threads in the order they fall in, so much as they'll pattern out. Every one of my recent braids is the same braid pattern, just different colours and thread order.

This isn’t really a craft. My TA gave me some oil pastels and I was able to try them today after getting some paper and masking tape. I’ll be using fixative on it tomorrow. Then I need to find more to do. I may try it with water for blending the next one.

9DFC1075-E12A-403A-9CA2-AF29EBD7A226.webp

Back