• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Percy’s turn 😢

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this @weepweeps especially after everything you have gone through with Pepper ❤️ Hopefully the C&R can see you before your holiday for a much lower price!

Simon and Kim are on holiday and are fully booked next week. 😢

But I’m away anyway so won’t be able to get there.

Husband said cancelling the holiday is a no.

My friend is still willing to take them for me. But now she’s very worried she has two piggies under the weather. I feel so bad that I’m causing her anxiety.

These things allways seem to happen at the most impossible moment 😔.
And going on holliday with 2 sick piggy’s is terrible.
I hope everything goes well weepweeps and you will still enjoy your holliday a bit 🥺

Oh No! I'm so sorry that Percy has a stone, these things always happen at the most inconvenient time :( £650 does seem quite high. It's awful having two poorly piggies at the same time. Yes, Simon and Kim are on holiday. They're on holiday when Edward's next appointment was due but thankfully they made the appointment for 5 days later. I hope that Percy's op goes well tomorrow x

Sorry that Percy has a stone. I was quoted £650 for a bladder stone removal 2 years ago, i ended up paying more as my piggy was hospitalised for 3 days after the op. So the price seems about right.

We will have fingers and paws crossed here for Percy.

That is quite normal given all you’ve been through with the boys.
The added pressure of an imminent holiday doesn’t help.
Relax, breathe and take things a day at a time.

Off to the vets tomorrow. Percy is now peeing blood this evening 😭

I do have some Baytril left over from Pepper. But I don’t want to give it in case it’s not the right medication for a UTI. I really hope it’s not a stone. My holiday is in 3 days. 🤦🏻‍♀️

View attachment 208606
I am so sorry for you and poor Pepper, I hope the stone can be quickly removed. These things always seem to happen at the very worst time x

I'm sorry your piggies are unwell,just before you go on holiday.my vet charged £350,for stone removal from female piggie 18 months ago.

When Percy comes home this afternoon what would be the best bedding for him? He’s bleeding and his urine is quite smelly so I will need to change it often. At the moment I have a waterproof layer, then newspaper, then a towel on top in the bedroom. I can change the towel daily. Does that sound ok? In the main part I’ve got a waterproof layer, newspaper then hay but it’s quite a large area and gets smelly quickly.

5293665F-A891-4F67-838F-502020BD8E59.jpeg

Also I’ve had a look at the bladder piggy diet.

I’m already very careful what to feed my boys.

From now on they will each be getting only a slice of cucumber, 1 green bean, coriander, 1/4 of a baby sweet corn, a slice of pepper and 1/2 a lettuce leaf.

Does that sound bladder friendly.

I also already filter their water.

I feed Haybox nuggets. Should I stop nuggets all together?

Grass is ok I think.

No fruit or carrots.

What about dried pea flakes and forage?

Thanks.

I would cut out the sweetcorn (it’s one of the recommended things to drop for bladder piggies). You could give a different herb in its place
Haybox nuggets are fine. If you are worried then hand feed a few as a treat, or use give intermittently (every other day for example)
Grass is fine
I would think some dried forage would still be ok, just make sure you aren’t giving things known to be higher in calcium.
Keeping the bladder flushing through is important so don’t make the diet too dry

Back