• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Oh dear - think our baby is poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you text her she calls you back :)

Glad things are looking more positive. Keep us posted, thinking of you :)

At the start of this thread I was really worried for you but I'm glad things are looking better for him.

I hope he is better soon :smitten: Give him a kiss for me? :-*

Aw thank you - he is still wobbling all over the place - the vet has said it will take a couple of weeks for him to recover. We bought him a special bottle that we thougth we could attach inside his cage and lower down so that he can reach it as he is only tiny - damn thing leaks. Am so annoyed. We have to hold the bottle in front of him, and his poor little head wobbles all over the place but eventually he finds it and has a drink.

I gave him a kiss from you Jane!

Aw poor little lucky, you must have been terrified to find him like that it must have been so upsetting not knowing how to help him, but fingers crossed he makes a full recovery, glad things r looking up :) get well soon little lucky :smitten: x

I would have been the same, such a scary thing to happern but at least things are looking up for him. Do you still need a cage for him? I've got a nero3 you could have for nothing its only 3 weeks old and nothing wrong with it at all but you'd have to pick it up I'm in liverpool? x

Hiya! Just found this thread after posting on another (sorry about that!)

Gosh... cant imagine how worried you must've felt seeing him like that :( REALLY hope little Lucky gets better soon. Poor little guy.

Loadsa love and piggy licks from my girlies :-* :-* :-*

Aw thank you so much! We got him a Nero 2 today as he is so small and cannot move around very well so I didn't want him to tire himself out and feel lost in a big cage.
Whereabouts in Liverpool are you? I am originally from Birkenhead! :o

My 3 girls send hugs and kisses to him :)

I hope all goes well and he makes a full recovery O0

Aw i really hope he starts to get better soon, doesn't sound as if you've had much luck recently with your piggies, lets hope 'lucky' lives up to his name for you :) get well soon little man :smitten: x

Lucky is still with us, I took him out for a long cuddle as it seems to calm him down. He had a doze on my knee and then tried to pull the label off my bathrobe before rewarding me with a pile of little poops!
His head movements seem to have calmed down a little, and he is tottering round, but still falls over. I found him lying on his side earlier and thought the worst, but he was just having a doze.
He is eating and drinking, and likes to settle down on his snugglepad. Back to the vets tomorrow for more jabs, poor little mite. he is not much bigger than a hamster!

Come on Lucky! :smitten:

katiep said:
He had a doze on my knee and then tried to pull the label off my bathrobe before rewarding me with a pile of little poops!

;D ;D ;D hee hee! Awww... bless him. So glad he seems a bit better. Still got my fingers crossed for him.

So far he's had 2 jabs, and anti-inflammatories too. (The anti-bs are Baytril).
The first vet we saw on Friday said the prognosis was not good, which really upset us, but we saw our usual piggy vet on Saturday who said that in the majority of cases they do recover. He also said that Lucky wasn't blind and his eyes were reacting to light...

Which is best, injection or orally? We wantr to give him the best chance possible.

I'm not too sure. I have heard some people say orally is better but I really don't know. My vet always gives antibiotics orally and he is a very experienced piggy vet. The only antibiotic he has given by injection was penicillin for my rabbit which had to be injected as its fatal if given orally.

I guess its easier for you to give him his antibiotics regularly if you are giving it orally. Maybe you should ask the vet about it when you see him tomorrow.

Its just good to hear he is improving a little...thats all that matters! xx

Yes I would definitely check with the vet tomorrow. :)

You would just need to syringe the required amount, although you may want to mix it with some fruit juice, as baytril tastes absolutely disgusting! I know because I have tasted it!! Eugh! :o :o :o

yes, we are seeing James, he's great with piggies and has them himself, and also they have opened a new branch and it is about 3minutes from our house which is brilliant! Less stress for the little ones.

Only just caught up with this thread,good luck at the vet's tommorow,my 2 girlies send loads of piggy ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back