Minnou’s piggies

Serious question that Gaia may not like the answer to but... at 1,165g, is she fat? :xd:
Nope definitely not. Curvaceous maybe.

I have got in trouble before with Miss Bramble or maybe it was Thea for calling my boys fatties. They were both 1.4kg so justified I think.

Whitney says Gaia needs to eat more coz she's underweight. Whitney weighs 1380g. 🤭🫣😁
Gaia will be thrilled to hear that she can, nay, should! eat more. 🤣

*Minerva slinks over to whisper in my ear*

Oh... Whitney? Minerva would like to know if it's alright for her to eat slippers. 🙄

Question - I can suddenly see the gif I posted in my very first post in this thread, never been able to until now, so can other people also see it now?

The One and Only Thea of the Funky Fringe, Miss Bramble and Misty Morning aren't at all fussy to them grass is grass and needs to be delivered daily in the Spring/Summer/Autumn. If Gaia and Minerva don't want there's sent it down here.

The address is:

Thea, Misty and Bramble
The Penthouse Suite
The Hutch
The Garage

Gaia will be thrilled to hear that she can, nay, should! eat more. 🤣

*Minerva slinks over to whisper in my ear*

Oh... Whitney? Minerva would like to know if it's alright for her to eat slippers. 🙄
Whitney says she doesn't know what slippers are. But she does eat boxes. And just all the food as much as she can. 😁

The One and Only Thea of the Funky Fringe, Miss Bramble and Misty Morning aren't at all fussy to them grass is grass and needs to be delivered daily in the Spring/Summer/Autumn. If Gaia and Minerva don't want there's sent it down here.

The address is:

Thea, Misty and Bramble
The Penthouse Suite
The Hutch
The Garage
I JUST KNEW that my two would be picky grass eaters as well. I bet every other piggy in the world is grateful for any fresh grass that they receive but these two can afford to be picky apparently... 🙄

Whitney says she doesn't know what slippers are. But she does eat boxes. And just all the food as much as she can. 😁
I get the girls boxes to eat/destroy alongside chews and other toys and they won't touch any of them.

What they do chew is: the wallpaper, radiator pipes, furniture, shoes/slippers....

I JUST KNEW that my two would be picky grass eaters as well. I bet every other piggy in the world is grateful for any fresh grass that they receive but these two can afford to be picky apparently... 🙄
Bryce is applauding you both Gaia and Minerva. 👏👏😏

Bryce is also soooooo picky with grass, especially now that he is still not well. We have different types of grass in our garden. Hubby hasn't cut them yet because of him. But no no no, he wants different kinds of grass every freaking day and sometimes we have to drive and look for farms we can cut grass. 🙄🙄

Bryce is applauding you both Gaia and Minerva. 👏👏😏

Bryce is also soooooo picky with grass, especially now that he is still not well. We have different types of grass in our garden. Hubby hasn't cut them yet because of him. But no no no, he wants different kinds of grass every freaking day and sometimes we have to drive and look for farms we can cut grass. 🙄🙄
Bryce doesn't come across as spoiled at all. 🤣

I, not Gaia, need Miss Bramble!

Hopefully she can explain Gaia to me.

Today I walked in on the girls having a moment; Gaia was being very nice to Minerva and giving her ear nuzzles. Then I stroked Gaia and she made herself go all flat then sort of belly crawled even closer to Minerva and started nosing repeatedly at Minerva's mouth, like a baby bird harassing its mum to feed it.

I don't understand really, is she that ravenous she's asking Minerva to cough up (literally) some snacks?

Dear @Minnou

I'm sorry I can't help you. It would be against the Guinea Pig Code to explain the unpredictability and foibles of guinea pig behaviour and I would be sacked as GPU Rep, banished from GPU Headquarters forever, be pigsona non grata and have to pretend to be a rabbit!

Wheeks
Miss Bramble

Dear @Minnou

I'm sorry I can't help you. It would be against the Guinea Pig Code to explain the unpredictability and foibles of guinea pig behaviour and I would be sacked as GPU Rep, banished from GPU Headquarters forever, be pigsona non grata and have to pretend to be a rabbit!

Wheeks
Miss Bramble
This Slave will never understand the girls then. :c

Guess I could just interpret their behaviour any way I want... Gaia was belly crawling in front of Minerva and pecking at her face because they're role-playing; Minerva is momma bird and Gaia is baby bird. It's a top secret play they've been working on and it will be ready for audiences to view in Spring/Summer '25 because things are moving slower than expected due to high production costs (finding high quality bird costumes for guinea pigs is difficult).

Minerva was bothering the dustpan and brush today; biting them all over and then she actually bit down on the handle and picked it up! Lifted the entire brush off the ground! :yikes:

Miss Muscles :wub:

I think she was trying to get it out of the dustpan because she likes to sit in that. :xd:

!Public Service Announcement!

The girls are both back in full rumblestrut-horny-madam mode.

They're also projectile peeing everywhere. It's like a water gun battle in here. Everyone/everypig should wear goggles and wetsuits.

Despite it feeling like Autumn outside, I decided to pull some weeds in the front garden and left the front door open because the girls were having floor time and I was curious as to whether they would come investigate.

The answer is, yes they would.

Minerva came alone and didn't look too sure about things until I called out to her and then she parked her bum on the front door step and watched me for a bit before vanishing. Then she came back with Gaia and they were both on the front door step. Minerva looked like she wanted to hop down but then one of next door's grandkids made a noise and they both went back in.

I was in trouble when I went back inside though.

Gaia: "You were out there all this time and didn't bring us a third helping of grass?!" - "MINERVA!"

Minerva: "On it!" *starts mauling slippers*

Confessions of a Slave....

I spend time 'foraging' with the girls; when I bring them a pile of grass in the morning, I sometimes stay with them and go hunting through the grass with them, picking out the best bits and they let me hand feed them. 😭

Am sad because Gaia seems to be actively avoiding me at the moment... I don't know if it is because I pet her butt and said it could do with another trim.

When I pick her up, she reacts as though it is hair or nail trimming time and fights me and tries to escape.

Gaia: 'MINERVA! COME QUICK!'

Minerva: *appears* 'Food?'

Gaia: 'The Slave is carting me off to the torture table! She's going to wave pointy things at me and butcher me!'

Minerva: 'But will there be food?'

I was thinking of ways to provide mental stimulation for my two fuzzbutts and came up with this; a stool and a piece of carrot with some string attached. I set the carrot on the stool and left the string dangling. Not really expecting much to be fair because there's generally not much going on inside their heads. 🤭

Minerva ran straight over and tugged on the string and got the carrot. 😱

Off to Cambridge Caviversity!

Minerva raced off with the carrot, wirh Gaia chasing her so I did the same again with another piece of carrot for Gaia to have a go. And she got it straight away as well. 😱

So that's two of them I need to pay tuition fees for... or so I thought.

I tried again with a different reward; a paper bag with treats inside, string attached ready for them to tug on. They were both very excited over it but neither could remember what they had just done and just ran around crying for 20 minutes until I just gave them the bag. They'd both used their 1 brain cell getting the carrot. 🙄

Back