Hay!

I got that impression as well. Mentioning another customer sounded like they were saying they can’t please everyone. It felt like the last reply was from someone different from the first two which were more polite and professional.

My concern is what counts as a low amount? That could vary a lot.

I’ve emailed Hay Box as well because my subscription is saying free delivery so I want to make sure they won’t take more than is stated.

If you haven't amended your subscription, from what HayBox have said you'll not be paying more. It's only if the order's been amended.

Yepp, can confirm that my recent, unamended order post delivery charge change had no delivery fee added. The second you change it, though... then you're fair game.

I got that impression as well. Mentioning another customer sounded like they were saying they can’t please everyone. It felt like the last reply was from someone different from the first two which were more polite and professional.

My concern is what counts as a low amount? That could vary a lot.

I’ve emailed Hay Box as well because my subscription is saying free delivery so I want to make sure they won’t take more than is stated.
I doubt that they know how much Timothy hay is in it exactly as it will depend what grows best in the field each year.

If you haven't amended your subscription, from what HayBox have said you'll not be paying more. It's only if the order's been amended.
Now that is very, very frustrating, my lot don't really like any of the "dead flowers etc in bags" that I order just to keep the total up for delivery, so i change them each month in the vain hope some of them might actually find one they like, but now it seems I can't do that any more without falling into their clever trap! Blast and double blast! Anyone want a huge pile of dead flowers?

I know, right? Heaven forbid you need something different because of diet changes, or because you're feeding more/fewer guinea pigs, or different treats, or moving house, or...I could go on. There's so many reasons to need to amend your subscription, but to treat every amendment as a brand new subscription is just uncalled for.

Now that is very, very frustrating, my lot don't really like any of the "dead flowers etc in bags" that I order just to keep the total up for delivery, so i change them each month in the vain hope some of them might actually find one they like, but now it seems I can't do that any more without falling into their clever trap! Blast and double blast! Anyone want a huge pile of dead flowers?
I now buy my haycubes from haybox to get free postage, which they love. They didn't enjoy forage either.

Bag of dead flowers lol. I bought the timothy chop once and quickly realised it was a way for them to sell the left over crumbs and dust! :doh:

Anyway, I received a polite reply from Hay Box to say my subscription will still be free delivery. We shall see!

Ah, shenanigans. A hiccup with the website (Happy Hay's words) means my parcel's been sent out via DPD. :flag: If it turns up, great. If it doesn't arrive within the next couple of days, they've said they'll send out a new box.

...wonders will never cease

DSC_1657.JPG

Edit - so, still some of the Excel box left so this is staying downstairs for now, but it looks very good. The box was damaged but not broken (if that makes sense) and the inner mini-bale was intact. Also it smells divine. I haven't had hay that smells like this for a long time, lol. Oh to be a guinea pig.

Last edited:
okay so, now that I've got some out of the box, this is the timothy:

hG7ALYd.jpg

No room for a big box upstairs so I decant some into this tub and bring that up instead. It's as I remember it - stalky and angry, my poor hands got stabbed far too often. If you or your pigs or buns are fussy about stalky hay, this is going to be a no-go.

Edit: as if to prove my point I've just found a bunch of skelfs in my finger. Should've worn gloves lol.

Last edited:
I've ended up sticking with haybox for now. After box of hay turned out to not just be Timothy hay and I didn't want to cause any problems with Nancy I just ordered from haybox. I also unfortunately have some booklice which love the cardboard boxes so I'm having to order small amounts at a time anyway so would have to pay postage wherever I ordered.

The goblins loved this stuff before so I'm hoping that a) they do again and b) I can get punctual deliveries, it's the same price I was paying for the Excel but I'm getting over twice as much hay out of it.

Back