Hay!

I'm annoyed about this. I don't pay for a subscription but I regularly order. It's a lot of hay to be storing in-between just so you don't have to pay delivery. It does feel greedy. They repeatedly have been putting up the threshold for delivery

Just signed up with Little Hay Company, will let you know how we get on. It's more expensive and postage is £4.95 for 10kg but if they eat it without getting soft poop like we've been getting it will be worth it. The soft Timothy is very rich.
I've been having problems with funny poo. I only just read yesterday on here that it could be the soft Timothy hay. I had no idea. I moved to mostly soft cut for them to bury in with nancy having bladder problems. But started to put more meadow hay back in. I get my meadow hay from vale bale .

I've been having problems with funny poo. I only just read yesterday on here that it could be the soft Timothy hay. I had no idea. I moved to mostly soft cut for them to bury in with nancy having bladder problems. But started to put more meadow hay back in. I get my meadow hay from vale bale .

It’s not affected my lot but I know that it has others. I’ve never fed just the soft Timothy on its own though, always as a mix with other hays with the other hay being the majority.

It’s not affected my lot but I know that it has others. I’ve never fed just the soft Timothy on its own though, always as a mix with other hays with the other hay being the majority.
Mine have some stalky Timothy hay too. But they mostly eat the soft cut now. I've increased the amount of meadow hay now and reduced the soft cut.

Yeah, screw that, especially since they're not mentioning it at all on the site otherwise unless you really hunt for it. That's not how to responsibly deal with price increases, it's underhanded.

Yeah, screw that, especially since they're not mentioning it at all on the site otherwise unless you really hunt for it. That's not how to responsibly deal with price increases, it's underhanded.
Yeah I told him that. I told him it's so disappointing for them not to inform subscribers even via email. Their FB page doesn't even have any recent updates at all.

Thats not on. I would never have added another product to my order if I knew this was going to happen.

I have had an email from happy hay this morning confirming the order I placed has been processed and sent to courier - it’ll be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed my lot love it because I won’t be using haybox anymore

I made a mistake with my order to Little Hay and didn't get the first order discount of 25%. I've sent an email to ask about it and what I should have done. Will see what their customer service is like! Hay is on the way.

I get meadow hay from Natures Own, we've had it now for about 10 years, piggies love it, good customer service, family business, nice people.

I made a mistake with my order to Little Hay and didn't get the first order discount of 25%. I've sent an email to ask about it and what I should have done. Will see what their customer service is like! Hay is on the way.

I get meadow hay from Natures Own, we've had it now for about 10 years, piggies love it, good customer service, family business, nice people.

I hope they can help you.

Ive just been looking at natures own, seen a few of their videos on Facebook and I have to say, it looks like lovely hay.
I get through such a lot of hay (particularly in winter with them living outside) so I'm going to sit down with a cuppa and calculate quantities and costs.

@piggieminder - do you only get the meadow or have you tried others?
I'm interested in the sweet green hay
I bought sweet green hay a few months ago. I was very disappointed. It was 2cm long. I had ordered in the past and it had been a bit longer. I complained and was told that's just how it is and that it's feeding hay and not hay for burying. Put me off using them again.

Spike and Peanut didn't like the Sweet Green so I haven't tried it recently. It is lovely hay, I must try it again, I've got three different boars here since those days. I occasionally get one of the Timothy's with additives as a treat, particularly if I've got a poorly piggy who is reluctant to eat. The dried Peppermint is popular here too, I got some last week for Timmy when he was off his food. They dispatch really quickly orders are usually here in two days.

I’ve got a delivery from Box Full Of Hay due soon.. but look what the dpd text says! :yikes::))

3BA1A952-7646-41F5-834A-5E6941C23C4A.webp

Is it not your subscription box?
Is it not your subscription box?
On the email tracking link it says Box Full Of Hay but the text says HayBox. Dpd deliver both so maybe they typed it in. Just made me 😲 after you’d said they seem to follow the same pricing changes!

My Little Hay Co hay came today. It's very clean, absolutely no dust and smells wonderful. Red, Brillo and Bertie are eating it happily, Freddie and Timmy are looking at me as if to say 'what's this?, we are not impressed'. It's not as stalky as I feared it might be but not as soft as Hay Box. On comparison though the Hay Box hay we've got does smell off and is very dusty and greasy. I'm going to put what's left of it in the compost bin.
Other thoughts about Little Hay - No answer to the email about website not registering the subscription and not getting the discount. Partner complaining about the box being to tall to store under the bench in the shed/workshop. I think I won't attempt to subscribe again yet and will have a think about what to do. I may try a different type of their hay, partner is very allergic to Timothy anyway. I may get less hay in a smaller box although it works out more expensive but their subscription is every month and I'm not sure I will use 10kg in a month if T&F aren't eating it. I might just buy it as and when rather than subscribe as you don't save much with the subscription after the first order.
Who'd have thought hay would be so difficult, it seems hay is not just hay! I wouldn't worry so much if it wasn't for Timmy's teeth and health problems, because of him I can't just leave it and say eat it or go without and hope they come round to it when they don't get anything else.

Who'd have thought hay would be so difficult, it seems hay is not just hay!

I'm with you on that one. Why they can't eat the stuff that's easier to get hold of I'll never understand, lol. I've been uhming and ahhing about going back to a subscription from Happy Hay again because the Excel's so damned expensive in comparison, and maybe I'll just put up with DPD's shenanigans? But I don't know still. They're harder to feed than I am, I swear., lol.

I’ve just got home to my Happy Hay Co delivery.
So far I’m rather impressed!
10kg of orchard hay in this picture. Taking up half the space compared to 10kg of Haybox.
I love proper bales as I find them much easier to store in my shed. (I have bales of meadow hay for bedding).
Now off to the piggies and buns for their all important taste test!

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    123.4 KB · Views: 14
Just given a small handful to all six animals. They have all immediately tucked straight in. I didnt think the guinea pigs would have an issue with it, but it was my two rabbits that had me concerned about changing supplier. I neednt have worried - they have given their seal of approval.
Looks like I’ve found my new hay supply!

I’ve just got home to my Happy Hay Co delivery.
So far I’m rather impressed!
10kg of orchard hay in this picture. Taking up half the space compared to 10kg of Haybox.
I love proper bales as I find them much easier to store in my shed. (I have bales of meadow hay for bedding).
Now off to the piggies and buns for their all important taste test!
Is the box higher than haybox? The haybox boxes are just the right size for me. The piggies are on a table that's on 50cm legs

Back