Hay!

Turns out it’s the same height.

Happy Hay Co box measures 64cm long, 53cm wide, 40cm tall
But, this is 1x 10kg box rather than 2x 5kg boxes that haybox send so is much easier on storage.

5Kg box from haybox - 60cm long, 45cm wide, 40cm tall
Great thank you.

I'm trying to decide between happy hay co and box of hay I think.

Great thank you.

I'm trying to decide between happy hay co and box of hay I think.

Price wise I don’t think there is much in it.
Perhaps see if you can get samples and see which your piggies prefer

I think what is really appealing to me is the fact it is one box for 10kg not two to try and store, along with the 20kg meadow hay bale I already get!

Price wise I don’t think there is much in it.
Perhaps see if you can get samples and see which your piggies prefer

I think what is really appealing to me is the fact it is one box for 10kg not two to try and store, along with the 20kg meadow hay bale I already get!
Hopefully changing hay supplier isn't going to make my Nancy worse. She is very sensitive to food. I tried her on some orchard hay the other week.. she's still in a flare up but then could be coincidence 🤷

I hate making new decisions 🤣🤦
You and me both!
I've got a happy hay account. I had problems with the delivery last year I didn't order again. It wasn't their fault it was DPD. November delivery eventually arrived in February! Happy Hay were very good and replaced the first box that wet missing, but piggies didn't like the hay, it was very stalky. I ended up donating it to the rabbits over the road.
I wish we could just walk into a shop and buy good hay like I used to. We had a just4pets near us, they sold big bags of lovely hay. I could have a rummage through the shelf and find the nicest looking bag.

Welp... that's me out. Do you think I can just link this thread when they ask why I'm leaving? :))

When I cancelled my subscription yesterday, I had really hoped there was going to be a box to write in the reason for cancelling (there were only tick box options). I clicked on the ‘other’ option but still no message box showed, disappointingly!

When I cancelled my subscription yesterday, I had really hoped there was going to be a box to write in the reason for cancelling (there were only tick box options). I clicked on the ‘other’ option but still no message box showed, disappointingly!

I'm guessing that's probably not accidental, lol.

I'm with you on that one. Why they can't eat the stuff that's easier to get hold of I'll never understand, lol. I've been uhming and ahhing about going back to a subscription from Happy Hay again because the Excel's so damned expensive in comparison, and maybe I'll just put up with DPD's shenanigans? But I don't know still. They're harder to feed than I am, I swear., lol.
My Happy Hay had a choice between evri or DPD. Standard delivery was through Evri. I ordered at about 11pm day before yesterday, it will be sitting in a puddle waiting for me. Torrential here and I forgot to leave the porch open 🤦

I know they have deliveries coming through Evri now, but I also know the Evri guy I normally get doesn't do larger parcels, pretty sure that's someone else. And people get lost trying to find my house.

I might go for it, though. If it works out it'll be easier in the long run.

That's... disappointing. I've only had good experiences with them before and I was hoping they'd care why I'm taking my custom elsewhere. Maybe I'll just write them an e-mail.

That's... disappointing. I've only had good experiences with them before and I was hoping they'd care why I'm taking my custom elsewhere. Maybe I'll just write them an e-mail.

Yes I have only had good experiences before. It’s a shame to not be with them now but I’m not being stung like that. I don’t mind paying a delivery, i of course understand costs are rising, but I don’t agree with the way it was hidden.

I'm not on a subscription but I've been ordering with them since I got piggies 3 years ago. But I am tempted to tell them that's why I've moved. I decided to try box of hay this time.

Yes I have only had good experiences before. It’s a shame to not be with them now but I’m not being stung like that. I don’t mind paying a delivery, i of course understand costs are rising, but I don’t agree with is the way it was hidden.
I pay delivery for vale bale. But it feels an absolute bargain when its 26kg for £14 then plus postage.

I've been having problems with the quality for at least a year, it may be the times I was buying it it wasn't the best cut. I wasn't impressed with their customer service when I complained about broken/open/wet boxes. I wasn't asking for a replacement or refund, I just thought they should know and maybe use better packaging. Before this I used them for years without a problem.

Yes I have only had good experiences before. It’s a shame to not be with them now but I’m not being stung like that. I don’t mind paying a delivery, i of course understand costs are rising, but I don’t agree with the way it was hidden.

I don't mind paying for delivery either, and I totally understand that costs are rising and they need to take that into account in their charges, but sneaking hikes in is something I can't respect. I've had lots of emails lately from retailers letting me know that prices are increasing (I buy lots of things on subscription) and while I hate getting them, at least they have enough respect for their customers to do so. Such a shame, my guys love their Soft Timothy...

I wasn't asking for a replacement or refund, I just thought they should know

Reminds me of when I told British Gas their engineer had somehow screwed up my prepay meter so I was getting more credit than I should've been, and they assumed I was trying to scam them out of money and ended the call. I shrugged and spent 6 months barely having to pay for my heating til I switched suppliers 🤷‍♂️

Yes, it's brilliant value for money if your piggies eat it. The batch I got was very soft and fluffy and didn't go down well with the fussy ones!
It's been really good apart from when I ordered a few months ago and it wasn't the usual quality but then tried ordering elsewhere and had the same issue so I assume it was a bad cut for hay companies.

I pay delivery for vale bale. But it feels an absolute bargain when its 26kg for £14 then plus postage.

That’s brilliant.
I buy meadow hay by the bale from a local farm, its around 20-25kg for £8. Obviously I pick that up myself but I then have to spend the next day vacuuming the car boot! (and yes, I use plastic sheeting but we all know hay finds a way!)

Hay is very weather dependant and must be a nightmare for companies to get right. This is why I used to love being able to shop in person for it. Shame pets at home sell such rubbish hay most of the time, it's such short dusty pieces.
I have been thinking the last two weeks of rain must have been ruining the hay!

My Happy Hay had a choice between evri or DPD. Standard delivery was through Evri. I ordered at about 11pm day before yesterday, it will be sitting in a puddle waiting for me. Torrential here and I forgot to leave the porch open 🤦
Ooh, exciting times. Teenagers brought it in!
It’s a massive box though 😂 I usually buy a micro bale but that wasn’t an option. Jenny is in the phase of life where I have stern words with her before committing to spending money on stuff like hay, joint biscuits, a new bottle of metacam…. But I went with “just” 10kg. The box is much bigger than the micro bale box. I presume it’s less compressed…

My next order for Haybox is on the 6th Sept. I will be getting the new subscription I did the other day to comply to their £35 minimum for free delivery. I would see how I would cope with a bigger box of 5kg. I used to order three 2.5kg because of limited space. I paid a bit more for it in the past but I have no choice in my view (well more of because I don't like the hassle and I get free delivery then). 😂

So my new order will be 15kg (which will be three 5kg boxes) plus one 2.5kg. I added a 2.5kg box coz their subscription of 15kg is still under £35. 🙄 Anyway, I can store the two 5kg boxes inside the house and probably one 5kg box in the attached shed, where we store all the garden tools etc. I think the hay won't get damp and/musty in there 🤞, just me getting annoyed of storing it outside the house.

I found a hay supplier last year here where we live, just from some farm here around Denbigh and they deliver around North Wales. It was very convenient and so much cheaper than getting it from Haybox. So I ordered a 4kg bag which cost £12.50, was delivered the next day. And my flipping monsters didn't eat it at all. :td::hb: They avoided it and stuck to eating the Haybox one. That hay is currently still in the greenhouse and I'm not sure what I'll do to it. 😂 So at the moment, I have to stick and see if I can cope with Haybox. They love their hay ever since I started getting it from them so I'm quite afraid to change it for now. I've bought hay from different brands but they keep on eating the meadow hay from Haybox. I can't even change the Oxbow timothy and orchard we buy coz they love it too much as well. The new order will last around 13 weeks with my piggies anyway so the cost for me is a lot cheaper than my previous subscription. It's just me being fussy with the boxes and the hassle of transfering it to smaller boxes. 🤦‍♀️🙈

Had a delivery for box full of hay. One is meant to be soft cut Timothy hay and one is meant to be meadow hay. But they both look exactly the same. And Nancy has been reacting to meadow hay so I wasn't going to feed it. And I'm thinking they maybe both meadow 🤦

Attachments

• 16916647124693695930611300726347.webp
    16916647124693695930611300726347.webp
    114.3 KB · Views: 13
How can you tell if it's Timothy or meadow? I'm thinking maybe it's meadow because it's thinner stalks but who knows 🤷. I've messaged them

Back