• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ella has a bottom incisor missing 😞

Just seen the lovely Vince again with Ella. Her mouth has nearly healed and I can drop her pain meds to just once a day and stop with the top ups. She’s gained 80g in a week (mainly eating for herself) and is now nearly 1000g 🙂 Had Elizabeth’s big fatty lipoma on her leg checked too and it hasn’t grown so all in all, a positive vet visit. Back again for another check up and nail trims for them all ready for their holiday next Monday but all in all, a positive visit 🙂

Just weighed Ella and she’s 1000g on my scales but I’m going to wait until she’s weighed at the vets on Monday as their scales are more accurate but her lowest was 900g on my scales. I haven’t been syringe feeding so I’m happy with that 🙂 x
Wow that's amazing news x

Just seen Vince the vet with Ella and Elizabeth (and Esme). Ella’s mouth is almost healed and I can stop giving her pain meds altogether. She’s gained 60g in a week 🙂 Her next appointment is in 3 weeks time after their holiday. Elizabeth is a little mucousy so has antibiotics for a few days just to be safe but he doesn’t think it’s anything to worry about and they’ve all had their nails cut 🙂

Just on the way home from Wiebke’s with the girls who have been staying there for their annual holiday for the last two weeks. Ella has managed to maintain her weight and is eating well. She’s back the the vets for a check up with Elizabeth tomorrow morning so please keep your fingers crossed x

Ella has seen the vet this morning and her mouth is healed although he wants to keep an eye on her for the next 6 months. She doesn’t need to see the vet again until 11th September when they go for their nails to be trimmed unless I’m worried in the meantime 🙂 x

Just a quick update. Ella has regained most of the weight back that she lost and appears to be doing fine with 3 incisors 🙂 If her forth incisor was going to grow back (which ideally we don’t want it too) would it have done so by now? x

Hi

As far as I know, her incisor has been fully removed and only the growth underneath the tooth has been left? The tooth cannot grow back with its root removed.

Hi

As far as I know, her incisor has been fully removed and only the growth underneath the tooth has been left? The tooth cannot grow back with its root removed.
Thank you @Wiebke As far as I’m aware, the vet removed as much of the root as he could without the risk of damaging her jaw but I think he got most if not all of it and it’s been over 3 months now x

Just gave the piggies their tea and I noticed Ella struggling to eat so I weighed her and she’s lost nearly 100g since Tuesday! Phoned the vet and the earliest appointment with Vince, the vet who has been seeing her these last few months isn’t until 5.30pm on 23rd October as he’s that popular and only works 3 days a week 😞 Anyway, I’ve booked it but have got to phone first thing in the morning for a same day appointment with one of the other vets. I’m so worried and stressed 😞

Do her incisors look okay? Is she having difficulty picking up the food, or does she appear to be having issues with chewing it?

Her incisors look like they’ve always looked since she had her bad one removed. Her top ones are slightly on a point but have been doing nicely wearing on the one remaining bottom one and haven’t grown too long. Her remaining bottom incisor is looking normal still. I’ve seen her eat pellets and shes had some grass but she’s ever so slightly pulling her mouth and ears back as she eats like she was doing when her bad incisor hurt her but not as bad if you know what I mean? I don’t think she can pick veg up at all 😞 x

It could be that the mass at the bottom that caused the cracked tooth and that could no be removed may have started to grow more? This would also cause pain in the jaw and potentially in the neighbouring dental root.

It could be that the mass at the bottom that caused the cracked tooth and that could no be removed may have started to grow more? This would also cause pain in the jaw and potentially in the neighbouring dental root.
That's what I'm worried about as there really isn't much more he can do if it is that I don't think :( x

Back